Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
I sure hope that Wyndham will just honor the promotion or refund me for my 3 nights that I booked. Either that or I'm going to have to dispute the payment with Chase and tell them that they changed the terms of our contract after booking.

I'd much prefer to just receive the points instead of waste countless hours of their time by calling and talking to representatives and then getting the credit card involved.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
I sure hope that Wyndham will just honor the promotion or refund me for my 3 nights that I booked. Either that or I'm going to have to dispute the payment with Chase and tell them that they changed the terms of our contract after booking.

I'd much prefer to just receive the points instead of waste countless hours of their time by calling and talking to representatives and then getting the credit card involved.
magic four words: Class. Action. Suit. Dammit.

This happened when US Airways refused to honour points from their e-mall - and look what's up - class action suit looming. Wyndham should consider potential costs and just honour the damn thing.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521

I intend to do the same thing if they don't honor the deal. Classic Bait and Switch...
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by sargenet
He stated that they DO NOT NEED TO LIST THIS IS TARGETED IN THE TERMS AND conditions. If anyone who didn't get the flyer went to this website based on something they read on Flyertalk or by a blogger they had no business doing so as this was a private webpage only to be known by those people who got the flyer!
It seems to me that perhaps someone needs to explain to Wyndham how the Internet actually works.

Same exact situation as the Amex one, where they had public web pages that offered credit card bonuses, and then merely sent the targeted people links. You'd think, two years later, people would learn. I think Wyndham perhaps could take a look at the flyertalk threads on those to see how that all works out.

Thousands of targeted promotions go out to people every year by loyalty companies. It's not complicated. Wyndham didn't do it correctly. They seem to get it now. But for those who booked before Wyndham corrected its mistake, they really should try to get on top of this right now and do something definitive, at the risk of giving themselves some pretty substantial headaches.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Wow what a mess
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
does anyone know how you can see if you were on the targeted list? I deleted my emails from Wyndham but registered for the 5500 points deal and not sure if I registered this particular promotion. I got this confirmation email:

YOU'RE ALL SET!

Now that you've registered for our fall promotion, you'll earn 5,500 bonus points (or 1,000 miles) when you stay twice by November 26, 2012.*

If this is not the promotion I need to be officially targeted, is there a way to find out if I was -- other than call Wyndham?

(I have three separate bookings upcoming for stays to get the points -- all reservations made before they decided to post their "new rules on the promotion")

thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, AA, UA
So... I've emailed them to see what they're going to say. Based on that I'll dispute with credit card provider. That may or may not work, but it'll be a hassle for them at least. Then either small claims or class action lawsuit? Small claims I'd at least get my money back but happy to participate in class action just to go after them.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:14 pm

It's funny how they just added one sentence to the top saying that only members who received the offer are eligible. I bet a lawyer could poke holes through this instantly, because right at the end it specifically states that only members who i) have an active account and ii) make a booking are eligible. No mention of targeting. Are these people serious?! They can't even get a lawyer to re-read this page? Sigh.

I won't call in unless I don't get my points. All my stays are in October / November, so if by December I don't get my points, I'll start chargebacks with Amex and/or call the supervisors. I'm confident this will work out, as there isn't really any excuse they can give to people who booked prior to this very loose edit they made.

Let's see how they handle this to see if they come out from this with integrity and gain repeat clients, or if they just get filed as another brand who doesn't understand how easy it is to lose reputation.

To Wyndham: notice how Singapore Airlines appears to be honouring bookings in first class made for 130 euros. Lessons to be learned there.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by lkar
You'd think, two years later, people would learn. I think Wyndham perhaps could take a look at the flyertalk threads on those to see how that all works out.
That is why I was shocked when I spoke to [removed per FT rules] who is a supervisor. Instead of taking the approach of "oops we goofed..we will honor this was anyone who booked up until now and change the terms moving forward"....he instead got ugly and blamed the end user for taking advantage of something they shouldn't have.

When I mentioned "flyertalk" he said "yes I know what it is" with disgust in his voice!!! He said it is a place where people basically share info to take advantage of companies and offers!!"

Holly cow! I said to him it was a community where people share information on offers, experiences etc and it should be a good thing.

I am not trying to take advantage of ANY offer. We recently booked our vacation next year at a Wyndham property in Kauai. We tried it out last year and had a nice time..decided to return.

We recently got a Wyndham credit card and were planning to start staying at Wyndham's over the next year in order to earn points to help with our vacation. This meant taking our business from our usual hotels and giving it to Wyndham!!! We had stays planned in Houston, Dallas and Ohio which coincides with this promotion. We also got the original targeted email.

Aren't we the kind of customers Wyndham wants and were targeting with this promotion? They had a chance to take away business from their competitors and earn some loyalty from us. But instead I am given the run around by their staff and told different answers from 8 different people.

Yes I am glad my account is notated that they will honor the 2 nights we already booked which were non-refundable. But that doesn't excuse the mis-information being given to me. Nor does it excuse the terrible customer service I was given by Brendan. Since my call was recorded for quality purposes I would love for someone to listen to how this guy spoke to me.

Based on this fiasco we will not be booking any additional stays with Wyndham in the future other than our already planned trip to Kauai. They won't get a lick of business from us in the future. Instead of using points I would have earned with stays over the next year I will pay cash for the room I had planned on booking. And we will put that Wyndham card we got away in the drawer as it looks like we won't be needing it.

Last edited by cblaisd; Oct 19, 2012 at 8:07 pm Reason: Please don't name names, per FT rules
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:46 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Awesome.

Last edited by caGALINDO; Oct 24, 2012 at 6:13 am
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by caGALINDO
So now we know Wyndham doesn't "plan" on abiding by their terms & conditions.

Has anyone filed a claim/suit before?

Sure, we could call or email and ask for refund, and this would all be over... or should we keep our rooms booked and fight for our points later? My first stay is just over week away and I booked a non refundable fare.
Well, they haven't explicitly stated that they WON'T honour reservations made prior to the change. I wouldn't jump to those actions yet. I would wait for either a formal response one way or the other, OR missing points, or something of the sort. For now, it's completely up in the air, so no reason to file anything yet.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis First
So now we know Wyndham doesn't "plan" on abiding by their terms & conditions.

Has anyone filed a claim/suit before?

Sure, we could call or email and ask for refund, and this would all be over... or should we keep our rooms booked and fight for our points later? My first stay is just over week away and I booked a non refundable fare.
That depends on your patience, perseverance and appetite for risk/loss. I personally would try and cancel and move on. Very bad form on Wyndham's part, but the fight the miles not worth it in my book unless of you have a family of 10, each with their own accounts and reservations.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Well, they haven't explicitly stated that they WON'T honour reservations made prior to the change. .
They have told many a people they won't..including a big name blogger that just cancelled his reservations. He also had a bad experience with a supervisor there.

Of course when I asked my supervisor if they were going to do the right thing and honor this for those that booked non-refundable reservations he said "that was none of my business".

I said it was because I had other family members I told about this and I needed to let them know so they could make a decision on what they should do. He told me I had no business telling them about it in the first place!!! This guy was a class act...NOT
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
So I'm in for 4 prepaid nights and two that can still be canceled. I'm waiting for a response from Wyndham to the e-mails I sent them yesterday. They say they'll respond within 3 days, I think.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: all
^^^

I will post a PUBLIC page, where the promotion is being ADVERTISED, and the T&C say nothing about this being invite only promo.

www.wyndhamrewards.com/bonus16

Whether I found this page via their website, Google, a blog, random guessing... makes no difference when the T&C clearly state it is for everyone. Point made.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.