Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Not replying to Facebook posts about this..but will others

A few people have posted information about this issue on the Wyndham Rewards Facebook page. I find it interesting that they will respond to other posts people put on there but have failed to comment at all about this issue with the promotion.

No comments at all. Nothing about "please contact us" or "provide information". Yet when someone else posts something like the fact that they showed up at their hotel with a written confirmation...and were turned away...they post immediately and try to help.

I did get a response back asking for contact info on Wyndham corporate Facebook page. But it is interesting that the Wyndham Rewards Facebook page is ignoring this all together.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: AE, MP, DL, AA, Accor Platinum (But aren't we all?)
The issue has probably been escalated beyond the authority of the FB posting representatives for reaolution.
Just wish that the local lurker would give an update/ appropriate response to the various queries and/or concerns of the members here?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
After having spoken with Customer Service about this situation and having been told that I would get the 16k ONLY if I clicked through the e-mail (not directly to the link), I called up the hotels in Orlando and Salt Lake City, who cancelled my advance (and non-refundable) reservation within 30 seconds of my mentioning the 16,000 point deal. It was painless, pleasant, and probably worthwhile, rather than having to lie about an email (I actually got one but it was for an earlier promotion), argue for hours with everyone, and finally most likely lose 165 dollars. But everyone must make their own decision.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Originally Posted by jonman21
I contacted Wyndham via email support and on the phone and was unable to get them to cancel one of my non-refundable reservations, even after explaining how the T&C of the promotion had changed after I had booked the reservation.
Call the hotels directly. Numbers are on your confirmation. They know about this and will cancel immediately. See my post above.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:00 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by larrythai
After having spoken with Customer Service about this situation and having been told that I would get the 16k ONLY if I clicked through the e-mail (not directly to the link), I called up the hotels in Orlando and Salt Lake City, who cancelled my advance (and non-refundable) reservation within 30 seconds of my mentioning the 16,000 point deal. It was painless, pleasant, and probably worthwhile, rather than having to lie about an email (I actually got one but it was for an earlier promotion), argue for hours with everyone, and finally most likely lose 165 dollars. But everyone must make their own decision.
The thing is - there's nothing to lie about. When the promo was announced, there was no targeting. So if you booked back then, you don't need to claim you clicked anything - you should get your points just fine. Well.... Logic dictates, anyway. Failham Worldwide may decide otherwise
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Originally Posted by Krdog88
I think Wyndham gives 8 weeks to post the points per the T&C. Personally, I would wait to see how things play out, but it's ultimately your call.
Every time I have called Wyndham to inquire about the 16k points from a stay as early as 9/14, they have said exactly this. The last time, the representative said "looks like you will have to wait another 3 weeks."

Note, I did not do a no-show, I actually showed up for the 2 reservations. I am disappointed but not holding my breath. I agree it is very poor form on their part, and am also inclined to ignore Wyndham for my future spend.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:38 am

Are no-shows credited automatically or does it usually require a phone call to Wyndham Rewards to get it posted?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
Every time I have called Wyndham to inquire about the 16k points from a stay as early as 9/14, they have said exactly this. The last time, the representative said "looks like you will have to wait another 3 weeks."

Note, I did not do a no-show, I actually showed up for the 2 reservations. I am disappointed but not holding my breath. I agree it is very poor form on their part, and am also inclined to ignore Wyndham for my future spend.
I've had the exact same experience, which is quite annoying. Today was the 8 week mark so I called and the representative needed to put the information into an email to send to a supervisor. Apparently only supervisor can post points?! I had them include my other two stays and was adamant that I did not want to have to call for those stays as they should have been posted automatically by the system. The representative said the points should post 5-7 business days. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by larrythai
Call the hotels directly. Numbers are on your confirmation. They know about this and will cancel immediately. See my post above.
Nope. Just called the hotel, got transfered to an Indian CSR, was told I cant cancel, asked to speak to a supervisor, and was hung up on.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:31 am

So I get a call from the President's office....

I was pleased as punch to have someone really wonderful call me from the President's office..Wyndham Corporate. She was responding to my Facebook message on the Wyndham page but sorry to say was totally in the dark about any of this fiasco. When my contact information was forwarded to her from my Facebook message they did not tell her anything about my post or the situation.

According to her she hadn't heard anything about the Wyndham Rewards deal. I explained in great detail to her how I became involved and the things that have been transpiring with not only me but shared what others have been posting with their experiences.

I don't know what will happen from this point. I have been promised a call back at a later time after this is looked into. I hope some movement is made on this whole situation.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Nope. Just called the hotel, got transfered to an Indian CSR, was told I cant cancel, asked to speak to a supervisor, and was hung up on.
Is this a Hawthorne hotel? Call the Hawthorne customer service line directly and they will try to cancel the stay with you with the hotel directly.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by sargenet
I was pleased as punch to have someone really wonderful call me from the President's office..Wyndham Corporate. She was responding to my Facebook message on the Wyndham page but sorry to say was totally in the dark about any of this fiasco. When my contact information was forwarded to her from my Facebook message they did not tell her anything about my post or the situation.

According to her she hadn't heard anything about the Wyndham Rewards deal. I explained in great detail to her how I became involved and the things that have been transpiring with not only me but shared what others have been posting with their experiences.

I don't know what will happen from this point. I have been promised a call back at a later time after this is looked into. I hope some movement is made on this whole situation.
I think that's progress as although they haven't yet credited the account, it looks like they have finally hired someone who seems to have a bit of customer service experience

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dealswelike
Is this a Hawthorne hotel? Call the Hawthorne customer service line directly and they will try to cancel the stay with you with the hotel directly.
Finally got sent there, they cancelled all 3.

Last edited by Adam1222; Oct 22, 2012 at 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
What location?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by sargenet

I think it is good she was in the dark. That means people who are actually running the firm are completely unaware how leftwards this campaign went - and how pissed off people are at Wyndham. Something may yet come out of it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.