Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Was able to cancel my non-refundable reservations. Just call the property and tell them to cancel. If that doesn't work, call customer care and explain to them the reason you booked is for the points. Since Wyndham is no longer honoring, they should just cancel the booking. I called customer care first and they called the property to cancel.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
I don't accept Wyndham's illegal business activities and canceled my bookings as well!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I on the other hand plan on keeping the pressure on them to do the right thing, however my first stay is not until the 24th. I think we should stand firm
Old Oct 19, 2012, 4:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I'm kind of torn on this. On the one hand, I want to just cancel and let t go (even though one stay happened already). On the other.... this is just wrong, so I think I'll fight for it. I dunno.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:10 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
On the same boat...
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:39 pm

cancelled 2 refundable bookings
not gonna bother with them

Club Carlson promotions were easier and more straightforward
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, AA Plat, Marriott LT P, IHG Diamond Amb
Sandi's Facebook Link

To make matters worse for Wyndham, check out Sandi's Facebook link on the Wyndham Rewards Facebook Page from September 3rd. It's directly below the picture of the filthy room in Newport. She included a link to the original promo that ended on Oct 6th and there's even a reply from Wyndham Rewards saying the points take 6-8 weeks to post.

This seems to completely contradict what they wrote on here earlier this evening about how the first promo was only by invitation...unbelievable.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by northshorepa
T

This seems to completely contradict what they wrote on here earlier this evening about how the first promo was only by invitation...unbelievable.
They are changing their tune on that one. Now they are saying that last month they sent out the email to just a few people. Then they opened it up to EVERY WYNDHAM REWARDS MEMBER and they said they emailed everyone last month to make them aware of it.

And when I told the rep that I was told this one was "open to everyone" he said I was never told that. He said I was told that they opened last months promotion to everyone...but not this one!!!!

So lame...my list just keeps growing with people I spoke to at Wyndham in the last 48 hours! I swear I am up to 4 managers and 5 first level reps who answer the phone giving me different responses. And I have the name of one Operations Manager....Lisa, who is supposed to get back to me.

Funny thing is...if you were willing to open up last month's version (which is the same exact thing) to every Wyndham Rewards customer...why would you deny those same customers the offer this time? What difference does it make?

I'll tell you what difference it makes. Wyndham had no idea people would be booking rooms ONLY to turn the points into airline miles! And when that went crazy they tried to find a way NOT to honor this promotion...

Their original goal was to drive business to their hotels...not find a way to sell cheap airline miles. Now instead of doing the right thing they are cutting their losses and figuring they will just tick off the people who had no intention of staying with them anyway...now or later.

I am ticked because I was one of the people who intended to use my miles to stay and accrue more by additional stays throughout the next year...

Last edited by sargenet; Oct 19, 2012 at 6:25 pm
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: all
Originally Posted by rpj2k
I lucked out. I literally just got off the phone with them. They cancelled my nonrefundable reservation and said I won't be charged. I have my confirmation email with cancellation number. If they happen to still charge me then I will dispute with my cc company.

who did you talk with? I spoke with a rep, a supervisor and the hotel. All three declined to cancel the reservation
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: all
Originally Posted by pantanal
who did you talk with? I spoke with a rep, a supervisor and the hotel. All three declined to cancel the reservation
Actually I called Hawthorne suites and not the hotel directly. I had three reservations and called the hotels. All three reservations were cancelled. They are non refundable but I got email confirmation so am hoping will not be charged

Thanks for the tip
Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
And Wyndham rep is...where?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by erasmus99
And Wyndham rep is...where?
Probably overwhelmed or told not to respond to us!

I would like the Wyndham rep to respond officially on how they are handling customers who took advantage of this offer...

Everyone who booked thought it was legitimate. Nobody was out there saying "Psst...here is a secret website nobody is supposed to know about...book your rooms and don't tell anyone because it is only for those people who got a mailing"....everyone thought it was the newest Wyndham promotion. Yesterday is the first ANYONE heard about a special mailing...

Stop punishing their customers by refusing to honor the promotion before they clarified their position on what their intent was. Just be a responsible company, honor what was put out and lock it down from tomorrow forward.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by sargenet
Probably overwhelmed or told not to respond to us!

I would like the Wyndham rep to respond officially on how they are handling customers who took advantage of this offer...

Everyone who booked thought it was legitimate. Nobody was out there saying "Psst...here is a secret website nobody is supposed to know about...book your rooms and don't tell anyone because it is only for those people who got a mailing"....everyone thought it was the newest Wyndham promotion. Yesterday is the first ANYONE heard about a special mailing...

Stop punishing their customers by refusing to honor the promotion before they clarified their position on what their intent was. Just be a responsible company, honor what was put out and lock it down from tomorrow forward.
+1 - agree with that. I guess I'll have to phone in and hunt for some cooperative sup tomorrow... don't want to have to get Amex involved. Just want my points.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Has ANYONE at all actually gotten this mysterious leaflet in their snail mail?

If so, can they please scan and post it?

Did it come by itself or in an envelope with a statement?

***Question for Wyndham Rep***

Why are you using direct paper snail mail for this promo when your company is supposedly "Green"?

http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com/corp.../wyndham-green
Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Tiki
Has ANYONE at all actually gotten this mysterious leaflet in their snail mail?

If so, can they please scan and post it?

Did it come by itself or in an envelope with a statement?

***Question for Wyndham Rep***

Why are you using direct paper snail mail for this promo when your company is supposedly "Green"?

http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com/corp.../wyndham-green
This is a good point. Could someone post the mailer? Cause clearly there isn't a code printed on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.