Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by crimsonAA
Looks like they've changed the T&C's to (somewhat) indicate this is targeted.
That is the old promo....stay by Oct. 9?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:46 pm

------

Last edited by crimsonAA; Nov 14, 2017 at 4:56 am
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by crimsonAA
Sincere apologies
Shame chair is that way.

*points*
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Thanks for posting this - it is appreciated.

I booked a stay at one hotel last night and it was manually cancelled this morning after I didn't show up. I'll be sure to phone the hotel and demand they honour the one I just made again today
I booked non-refundable but still haven't been charged like the reservation states. Called hotel and turns out they are charging the cards in the morning of the stay for the non-refundables. But it is their policy to charge whether people show up or not, especially with prepaids...

This hotel is getting a big kick out of this promotion! Lots of no shows!!! They are enjoying the extra business...so much so that they raised their rates $10 a night!!!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by sargenet
I booked non-refundable but still haven't been charged like the reservation states. Called hotel and turns out they are charging the cards in the morning of the stay for the non-refundables. But it is their policy to charge whether people show up or not, especially with prepaids...

This hotel is getting a big kick out of this promotion! Lots of no shows!!! They are enjoying the extra business...so much so that they raised their rates $10 a night!!!
OH they only charge on the morning of?

Holy crap, time to book for some more family members Thanks again, hehe.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:57 pm

Are rates booked with the code 8000000066 eligible? Or is it best to just stick the BAR, BAR + 1000 or Book Now rates?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
OH they only charge on the morning of?

Holy crap, time to book for some more family members Thanks again, hehe.
This is what they are going at the Utah property. But who knows...they may change their polciy with all these incoming reservations. I just booked under the hubby's account. I have been thinking about doing a few more under my name but decided against it..... if it turns out I have to fight for this then I only want $120 in there to battle for.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
nevermind.

I have my first stay On the 24th. hope we can have some kind of firm answer either way. terms do not say anything of being targeted.

Last edited by Mauibaby2008; Oct 18, 2012 at 1:40 pm
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA, CO, Delta, AA, BA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
The points of guy posted in his blog, the offer is targeted. I don't know who to believe now.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
Sorry for the confusion everyone. To clarify there were 2 parts to this promotion.

First part were for members who were targeted through email and the dates for that part were August 6, 2012 to October 6, 2012 and completed by October 9, 2012.

Second part is for member's who were targeted through direct mail. Dates for this part are 9/12/12 to 12/31/12 and completed by 1/3/13.

To qualify you need to have been sent the direct mailer and book through the link provided. If you were not sent the direct mailer and you book through the link you will not receive the points for the promotion.

The second part of this promotion is not an extension of the first so if you had received the email and had not completed your stay you are not able to take part in the second part of the promotion unless you had also received the direct mail offer.

Hope this clears up any confusion.
The terms on the publicly viewable web page at http://www.wyndhamrewards.com/bonus16 state:
"To qualify for the “16,000 bonus Points” promotion (the “Promotion”) and earn 16,000 Wyndham RewardsŪ points, the member must (i) be an active member (ii) book a stay at any of the 20 participating properties at a qualifying rate between 9/12/12 and 12/31/12 and complete their hotel stays by 1/3/13 (the “Promotion Period”)."

Nowhere does it state that the user must be targeted. If that is in fact true, that sounds like an oversight on Wyndham's part that customers should not have to worry about.

Yesterday, I booked a nonrefundable night at one of the hotels on the list for next week. I fully expect to receive the 16,000 points based on the terms and conditions of the offer at the time I made my reservation. If it's not possible to receive the 16,000 points, I would like to receive a refund on my reservation.

Please let me know how to proceed. I'm hopeful that this can be resolved in a fair manner.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by drogers100
Are rates booked with the code 8000000066 eligible? Or is it best to just stick the BAR, BAR + 1000 or Book Now rates?
Pretty good question!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:38 pm

I've just called Wyndham to make sure I will receive bonus points, once booked stays are completed. Phone rep confirmed all of my 3 bookings are eligible for the promotion and put a note on the account to confirm our conversation.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by nycvisitor
I've just called Wyndham to make sure I will receive bonus points, once booked stays are completed. Phone rep confirmed all of my 3 bookings are eligible for the promotion and put a note on the account to confirm our conversation.
Were you targeted? (i.e. did you receive anything in the mail?)
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I also just called. the man I spoke with said that if I click through the bonus16 page, that I will receive the 16,000 points per reservation. he saw that I received the promo points for the first promotion and then verified I would receive the points x3 again...

I have express my skepticism for these reps before, however I am using an Amex so if things were to go sour I will hopefully receive a refund.

I was NOT targeted and did NOT receive another email
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:52 pm

I am going to go by what the supervisor told me and noted on my account vs what the Wyndham rep said here. Points guy just copied from what the Wyndham rep posted here.

Hopefully the Wyndham rep will speak with upper mgmt about the "revere" promo as it is called and post the right info so every one at Wyndham is on same page

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.