Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:14 am

Did a search but didn't come up with an answer to my question.

Has anyone used FatWallet (1,5% cashback) to book their stays at Wyndham and has NOT received their points? Are cashback programs allowed?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by tiger302
Did a search but didn't come up with an answer to my question.

Has anyone used FatWallet (1,5% cashback) to book their stays at Wyndham and has NOT received their points? Are cashback programs allowed?
I don't have direct experience with this, though I don't see why booking through cashback programs wouldn't work. As far as the actual reservation is concerned, it should indicate that it was booked via the Wyndham website, and it should be eligible because of that.

Perhaps others can pipe in. Also, bigcrumbs is at 2.1% cash back. And you get 5 UR points per dollar if you use your Chase Freedom card at hotels this quarter.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I wonder if there will be any issues relating to the fact that this is now "open" to the public
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Has it been confirmed that anyone can do the new offer? I didn't get any email about this and both me and my husband have all the boxes ticked to receive all Wyndham emails. Neither of us got the last offer so we didn't do it.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:43 pm

My wife got the first offer and after 8 week STILL has not got the points, yet I did... so YMMV
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:45 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Awesome.

Last edited by caGALINDO; Oct 24, 2012 at 6:12 am
Old Oct 17, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond

Just bit the bullet and booked 2 nights a few days apart at a non-refundable rate. I paid for them on my Wyndham card. Within an hour I got an email from Wyndham/Barclay saying if I spent $750 on my card in nov, dec, jan I would get 12k additional points. I can't help but think it might have been triggered by these hotel charges.

I hope I get these points! I am actually using them for an upcoming stay where the rate is $300 a night.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by caGALINDO
Booked 3 separate nights. Booyahh!!!

PS: I live about 10 min away from the hotel in Altamonte. Is it possible for me to check in for you guys? Since we got reports that no shows did not give points.. I don't want to have to give my credit card, etc. when checking in so anyone that knows the procedure let us know if this will work out.
My no show posted as a non-qualifying stay. I then called Wyndham and they posted the points. The 16,000 points posted for the stay a little while later.

My Mother called the hotel and asked for them to send her a receipt and the stays posted as normal.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 3:38 pm

I think with this being plastered all over the blogs now a lot of people are jumping on this already (me included) only problem is that it hasn't even been announced by Wyndham, so I would approach with caution ...

Hurry up Wyndham make the announcement already sheesh lol
Old Oct 17, 2012, 3:39 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Awesome.

Last edited by caGALINDO; Oct 24, 2012 at 6:12 am
Old Oct 17, 2012, 3:58 pm

i got an email for each booking that said "i am already a member" did yall run into that?
Yes I received the same. I've only made one reservation though
Old Oct 17, 2012, 4:24 pm

Just booked my three stays at the hotels in Utah and Florida.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I think with this being plastered all over the blogs now a lot of people are jumping on this already (me included) only problem is that it hasn't even been announced by Wyndham, so I would approach with caution ...

Hurry up Wyndham make the announcement already sheesh lol
I'm inclined to be cautious until the Wyndham rep confirms it's a public offer. I wouldn't want to book a bunch of unneeded hotels stays (none of the locations are near me) and then find out you had to click through a link.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 5:59 pm

I'm out because of my credit card number getting stolen during my reservations for the prior promotion anyway but I don't think I would be eligible for 3 more 16K bonuses because the t&c of this promotion say the stays must be booked between 9/12/12 and 12/31/12 and complete their hotel stays by 1/3/13 and that you can receive up to 16K for up to 3 stays. All 3 of my stays were after 9/12/12 so I think I'm maxed out.

Last edited by jmsfla2002; Oct 17, 2012 at 6:18 pm
Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
i got an email for each booking that said "i am already a member" did yall run into that?
Yes I received the same. I've only made one reservation though
I made two reservations using a Wyndham number I set up a few months ago. It is already attached to my Wyndham credit card and has 30k from a sign up offer for the card. I got same email........twice. Turns out I had an old Wyndham account number from years ago I forgot about attached to the same email address. I called in and they said the old number wasn't even active any more. So they did something to keep me from getting those emails in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.