Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by redbirdsj
I noticed pending charges of the same sort when I booked. However, the charges didn't post on my account as purchases; the correct amount eventually posted. Not sure why they authorized a pending charge for a greater amount, but it never hit my statement, so no harm no foul.
Same. All three of my stays showed a pending charge that was $10 greater than the rate I'd booked, but the final charge was correct.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:09 pm

I also had the $10 extra charge on all my reservations, but I assumed they held the extra for incidentals and have no problems with that, because the previous charges have always been right.

The problem was a second charge for more money and when I checked on wyndham.com, after my stay, my the rate had been changed by the system glitch, as long as it is OK in the end with me getting points and being charged the right price, then I am happy
Old Oct 3, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
Duplicate Deleted
Old Oct 3, 2012, 3:05 pm

October 6th or 9th?

Don't we have till October 9th to complete the Stay as long as we book by October 6th? According to this it seems so...

(ii) click through the email and book a stay at any of the 20 participating properties at a qualifying rate between August 6, 2012 and October 6, 2012 and complete their hotel stays by October 9, 2012 (the "Promotion Period"). Members will receive 16,000 Wyndham Rewards points for up to 3 stays within the Promotion Period at any of the 20 properties regardless of the number of rooms booked. 16,000 bonus points is redeemable for one free night stay at a Tier 4 hotel. Member stays with check-out dates after October 9, 2012 will not be counted towards the Promotion.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by ThunderStorm00
Don't we have till October 9th to complete the Stay as long as we book by October 6th? According to this it seems so...

(ii) click through the email and book a stay at any of the 20 participating properties at a qualifying rate between August 6, 2012 and October 6, 2012 and complete their hotel stays by October 9, 2012 (the "Promotion Period"). Members will receive 16,000 Wyndham Rewards points for up to 3 stays within the Promotion Period at any of the 20 properties regardless of the number of rooms booked. 16,000 bonus points is redeemable for one free night stay at a Tier 4 hotel. Member stays with check-out dates after October 9, 2012 will not be counted towards the Promotion.
I think it means the stay must begin by the 6th (check in) and you have to check out by the 9th (if staying more than one night in a reservation) for it to be considered in the time period
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Is it possible to click through a legitimate link and just sign in as someone else
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by phdtomd
Is it possible to click through a legitimate link and just sign in as someone else
I've seen two links and there was some difference in them, which may or may not signify a targeted link strategy -- I would make sure it comes from them to be safe.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:09 pm

Just to be clear, if I book at salt lake and no show tonight, will my card still get charged or does it have to be a prepaid rate? I don't think the one listed for tonight or tomorrow is prepaid. If I don't get charged am I out of luck?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jrm68
I think it means the stay must begin by the 6th (check in) and you have to check out by the 9th (if staying more than one night in a reservation) for it to be considered in the time period
The way it is worded seems like you could book on October 6th morning for a stay where check-in is on October 7th and check-out is on October 8th and still get the promotional points.

But the safe way to play this currently is to book stays with check-in scheduled on or before October 6th where you check-out by October 7/8/9 as desired.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:14 pm
Suspended

Just to be clear, if I book at salt lake and no show tonight, will my card still get charged or does it have to be a prepaid rate? I don't think the one listed for tonight or tomorrow is prepaid. If I don't get charged am I out of luck?
Why would the hotel default to not wanting to charge you if you didn't cancel the reservation prior to the cancellation deadline and never cared to contact them? It would seem to be surrendering money that the customer agreed to give the hotel and has no issue with giving.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by travelkid
SLC, Utah still has 54.04$ ai AARP Oct 6.

Any better rates out there before promo expiry?
Yes, $47.99 AARP for 4th/5th in Omaha, Nebraska is still there
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Why would the hotel default to not wanting to charge you if you didn't cancel the reservation prior to the cancellation deadline and never cared to contact them? It would seem to be surrendering money that the customer agreed to give the hotel and has no issue with giving.
When i was doing this promo for myself i made a reservation for schaumburg. i went to check in and they couldnt find my reservation. It turnsout I made a mistake and put the wrong date for a reservation at Schaumburg. I was not charged and I was listed as a no show for the day I made the mistake for. I booked the same day at a computer there and checked in and was charged for that night
Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:07 am
Suspended

When i was doing this promo for myself i made a reservation for schaumburg. i went to check in and they couldnt find my reservation. It turnsout I made a mistake and put the wrong date for a reservation at Schaumburg. I was not charged and I was listed as a no show for the day I made the mistake for. I booked the same day at a computer there and checked in and was charged for that night
That explains it, thanks.

The hotel was helping you out because you contacted them and made them aware of your mistake. I wouldn't expect the same outcome if a no-show took place and I never contacted the hotel in person or otherwise about the reservation.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by murtuza
Yes, $47.99 AARP for 4th/5th in Omaha, Nebraska is still there
+ tax makes it 56.71$
Old Oct 4, 2012, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
That explains it, thanks.

The hotel was helping you out because you contacted them and made them aware of your mistake. I wouldn't expect the same outcome if a no-show took place and I never contacted the hotel in person or otherwise about the reservation.
Wow thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.