Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

I need this travel tote in my life

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I need this travel tote in my life

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2023, 8:13 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Of course

Originally Posted by ShopAround
There are plenty of zippers but my issue is that they aren't lockable, they're solid, round zipper pulls with their logo. I can't lock them together to secure the bag contents, if that makes sense. That's my issue with the Lo & Sons bag (along with the weight, although that's not as big an issue since I stacked it on top of a smaller roller bag).
Apologies. I misunderstrood the question that was posted by QT31415.

I am someone who does not worry about locking my bags. I keep them with me or delegate my husband to stand guard, so it's not on my radar. I figure if there's a thief they'll just take off with the whole bag rather than taking the time to rifle through all my chaotic mess inside
Much luck on your search.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 7:44 am

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Does anyone have any experience with the Lo & Sons wallets? In the market for a new one and they're on sale right now. Stylish & Slim Travel Wallet - The Leather Wallet – Lo & Sons (loandsons.com)
Old Nov 26, 2023, 8:02 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
May I ask for opinions on this mini-weekender bag?
https://www.thecode.es/products/bols...mily-chocolate ~200 usd.
Made in Spain, cow mock-croc leather.
Size is 42 x 25 x 16cm. Most airlines' personal item is 40x30x15 so I can use this as PI + roll aboard as hand carry. Enough capacity for a week long trip..
Are there similar sized real leather bags at a similar price range?
Thank you =)
Old Jan 22, 2024, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
So I recently bought the Ebby Rayne Quartermaster in white. They were going out of business when I bought it (not sure of current status, but I love this carry-on, and if any are still for sale I highly reccomend). Anyhow, the only color available was white. I have been traveling everywhere with this carry-on, which is incredibly easy to pack for a week, easy to carry on my lap when I need to (I use a wheelchair), and very easy to pull beside me with one hand while my husband pushes me. I have been using the Lo & Sons as my personal item, but it is black, and we are going on a couple of Regent cruises in the next couple of months, so I wanted something a bit more, well, chi chi, as my personal item. So I ordered the Delsy Chatelet 2.0 shoulder bag in Angora, which is not quite white, but matches the Ebby Rayne well enough. It has the sleeve through in the back so that I can slide it onto the handle of the carry-on (which is key). It has a compartment for my laptop (otherwise, it's a no-go). It's large enough for the things I want at hand. I think this pairing is what I will be traveling with on my Caribbean cruise next month. We'll see how I pack for my 19-day (20-day, if you include the day in Rio) Transatlantic out of Brazil, but I am leaning in this direction.
SanDiego1K and chgoeditor like this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 8:54 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Originally Posted by ysolde
So I recently bought the Ebby Rayne Quartermaster in white. They were going out of business when I bought it (not sure of current status, but I love this carry-on, and if any are still for sale I highly reccomend). Anyhow, the only color available was white. I have been traveling everywhere with this carry-on, which is incredibly easy to pack for a week, easy to carry on my lap when I need to (I use a wheelchair), and very easy to pull beside me with one hand while my husband pushes me. I have been using the Lo & Sons as my personal item, but it is black, and we are going on a couple of Regent cruises in the next couple of months, so I wanted something a bit more, well, chi chi, as my personal item. So I ordered the Delsy Chatelet 2.0 shoulder bag in Angora, which is not quite white, but matches the Ebby Rayne well enough. It has the sleeve through in the back so that I can slide it onto the handle of the carry-on (which is key). It has a compartment for my laptop (otherwise, it's a no-go). It's large enough for the things I want at hand. I think this pairing is what I will be traveling with on my Caribbean cruise next month. We'll see how I pack for my 19-day (20-day, if you include the day in Rio) Transatlantic out of Brazil, but I am leaning in this direction.
If you are packing your 19 day trip into the Ebby Rayne I will buy one RIGHT NOW
Old Mar 22, 2024, 7:43 am

Programs: United Lifetime Gold;SPG Gold (occasional platinum);SW;etc.
Tumi Voyageur Contine-reviews?

I have been in a long-time search for the perfect cabin bag companion for my roller bag. I have a great Briggs & Riley tote that will hold absolutely everything but it is so large that it gets too heavy for me to carry sometimes. It also has double shoulder straps as opposed to a longer strap. It is an older version- a bit floppy and rather utilitarian looking so I use it mostly for car travel. I have also tried an MZ Wallace tote (didn't like the padded shoulder straps and want a bit of structure although the light weight is great) and I have a MZ Wallace backpack that is great to throw on my back when I need to board a train. It is large enough (about 22-24L as best I can calculate) but not as chic/attractive as I want (my perspective). I am looking for a bag that holds a good bit (about 25L), has a trolly sleeve, a shoulder strap and will last for years. I have a couple of upcoming trips for which I want a bag that is very polished and also functional and eyeing the Voyageur Contine. I like the bottom compartment where I can put a pair of shoes and the size seems right.

Do any of you have exeperience with the is bag?
Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:57 am

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Originally Posted by travelmom4
I have been in a long-time search for the perfect cabin bag companion for my roller bag. I have a great Briggs & Riley tote that will hold absolutely everything but it is so large that it gets too heavy for me to carry sometimes. It also has double shoulder straps as opposed to a longer strap. It is an older version- a bit floppy and rather utilitarian looking so I use it mostly for car travel. I have also tried an MZ Wallace tote (didn't like the padded shoulder straps and want a bit of structure although the light weight is great) and I have a MZ Wallace backpack that is great to throw on my back when I need to board a train. It is large enough (about 22-24L as best I can calculate) but not as chic/attractive as I want (my perspective). I am looking for a bag that holds a good bit (about 25L), has a trolly sleeve, a shoulder strap and will last for years. I have a couple of upcoming trips for which I want a bag that is very polished and also functional and eyeing the Voyageur Contine. I like the bottom compartment where I can put a pair of shoes and the size seems right.

Do any of you have exeperience with the is bag?
It's a nice looking bag. I don't have one, but my Away black leather Everywhere bag is similar in size and weight and I've returned to it again and again from other bags. Tumi is so well made that usually they're a bit heavy, but ther Contine seems to be light as well as functional. As long as it fits under a commuter plane seat and has the requisite interior pockets, how can you go wrong?

One bag I've tried recently that I would NOT recommend is the Foldie. It seems to be a good idea, umtil you actually use it. The bag is so unstructured that it's sloppy and flops off of the carry on when rushing through airports. I used mine once - the zipper separated and it unbalanced my carry on so badly that I'll never use it again. Live and learn!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.