Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New: Bid upgrades

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2022, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by xserveft
Any luck?
Nope, Premium and Business were both very full on my flights, and Economy too I guess.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 8:31 am

LGA-YYZ $45 CAD minimum bid
Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
YYJ-YYC - Minimum bid $70, at check in the upsell was $74 + tax = $78?? (Weird as I thought that the upsell at check in was supposed to be less expensive than the minimum bid)

But after reading other posts in this thread I see that OLCI is sometimes more expensive. Not sure if there is a pattern to this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:27 pm

Upgraded from Y back in May. Not a bid, but I upgraded to J during online check-in.
YYC-LHR $1,049
LGW-YYC ~$1,240 (after conversion, incl APD)

3-4 vacant seats were offered in both directions. Cabin was full by the time doors closed.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
I think you will find this harder, now. WestJet is trying to monetize the Plus section. I can see them making more revenue on this for the 787s for sure.
will an upgrade for 2 people be accepted if there’s only 2 empty seats (far from each other) for business?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Brendacruise
will an upgrade for 2 people be accepted if there’s only 2 empty seats (far from each other) for business?
The location of the seats doesn’t have anything to do with upgrade success in my experience. With bids, my assumption is that they are unlikely to release seats if only one or two are still available. I may be wrong, but a one-way LGW-YYC goes for $4k+ in the days leading up to the flight so to my mind they might as well wait and see if someone wants to buy a ticket.

Back in February I had put in a fairly low bid for LGW-YYC and there were only two seats left. We did not get the upgrade, nor was one offered at OLCI (right at 24 hours out). I checked again at LGW when I printed the baggage tags using the check in screen and nothing was offered. I asked the WS agent if there were upgrades for sale. He looked on his computer and said he had two showing, which were also the last two seats. They were a reasonable 350 GBP each. They were at opposite ends of the cabin but he moved a couple of single travellers around and we sat next to each other in the middle.

In the end, it’s hard to discern a pattern from my experiences. I put bids in for every flight and am 4/6 for TATL legs in the last 6 months (LGW + LHR) plus the one that we got at the check in desk at LGW.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:16 am

Thank you
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:39 pm

Will they tell u when your bid is not accepted? Most people have reported getting upgraded 5 days out. I’m on day 4, still shows in process. I’m assuming it will be declined because there is only 2 seats but I still have hope even though you said probably won’t happen. Thanks
Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:31 pm

Will they tell u when your bid is not accepted? Most people have reported getting upgraded 5 days out. I’m on day 4, still shows in process. I’m assuming it will be declined because there is only 2 seats but I still have hope even though you said probably won’t happen. Thanks
Anything is possible, so don’t lose hope. They will let you know at around 72 hours from departure at the latest. If you don’t get the upgrade, it may be offered at online check in so it’s worth doing that at the earliest moment you can (e.g., right at the 24 hour mark). If nothing is offered, ask the check in agents if there is availability, and if that doesn’t work ask at the gate. Sometimes, people do not show up for their flights so once check in closes those seats may be offered for a paid upgrade.

If you haven’t flown Westjet’s premium economy on the 787 it’s really very nice so isn’t a bad consolation prize if that’s where you end up.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by arf04
Anything is possible, so don’t lose hope. They will let you know at around 72 hours from departure at the latest. If you don’t get the upgrade, it may be offered at online check in so it’s worth doing that at the earliest moment you can (e.g., right at the 24 hour mark). If nothing is offered, ask the check in agents if there is availability, and if that doesn’t work ask at the gate. Sometimes, people do not show up for their flights so once check in closes those seats may be offered for a paid upgrade.

If you haven’t flown Westjet’s premium economy on the 787 it’s really very nice so isn’t a bad consolation prize if that’s where you end up.
i have not flown premium on the Dreamliner. We have the front seats too. Thank you for reply🤞🤞🤞
arf04 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by arf04

i have not flown premium on the Dreamliner. We have the front seats too. Thank you for reply🤞🤞🤞
arf04 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:06 am

YYC to LHR business class success

Booked on PE YYC to LHR on 19 July and returning LGW to YYC on 26 July

Tried my luck at bid upgrade at the lowest bid options for both legs (CAD620 per leg).

Just got an email lat night for successful bid for the outbound leg.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:06 am

May I ask if u were in premium or economy originally? Also how many people and did u pay with wj dollars or companion? Thanks
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:39 am

May I ask if u were in premium or economy originally? Also how many people and did u pay with wj dollars or companion? Thanks
Hi.

Premium economy. Solo flyer. Paid with cash (first time flying West Jet).
Brendacruise likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Am I able to bid on an upgrade from a Delta award ticket on WJ ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.