Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New: Bid upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Error 601
Bidding on Air Canada has never made sense, the minimum bid was always substantially more than an upgrade at check-in would have been.
that's because you get first dibs bidding versus waiting for a potential LMU offer at check in

LMU can also be a lot higher than bid amount(s) as well
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
I can't remember the last time I didn't get a LMU offer on Air Canada, or WestJet for that matter.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
I think you will find this harder, now. WestJet is trying to monetize the Plus section. I can see them making more revenue on this for the 787s for sure.
There is only so much somebody is going to pay for a blocked off middle seat and food that as my grandfather liked to say "would start a prison riot".

When business class equipped 737s become widespread we can revisit the issue but I don't think they have much pricing power here.
Old May 20, 2021, 6:59 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Any idea how much roughly the bid upgrade on the 789 service from YYZ to YVR from economy to business?
Old May 20, 2021, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Any idea how much roughly the bid upgrade on the 789 service from YYZ to YVR from economy to business?
Can one bid for a two class upgrade? I was under the impression that one could only bid up on one class, but I may be mistaken.
Old May 21, 2021, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by YYCguy
Can one bid for a two class upgrade? I was under the impression that one could only bid up on one class, but I may be mistaken.
So I have to buy Premium class to bid for upgrade to business class on the 789 service?
Old May 21, 2021, 10:08 pm

So I have to buy Premium class to bid for upgrade to business class on the 789 service?
I had heard that but I am not sure if it’s accurate or not.
Old May 29, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by YYCguy
I had heard that but I am not sure if it’s accurate or not.
hey guys! Good news.

Not accurate, thankfully. Flew a bunch of WS the last month. Messy post ahead but I’m using a phone, sorry all :

737 max- 8 // YWG-YYC (econo to premium) $65 lowest accepted.
YYC-YWG I didn’t offer, but the check in offer at 24 hours was $90. So the lowest offer in adv seems to be cheaper than the 24 hour offer.

Was told all “premium” class sold, in service 737 flights are now 2-2 seating, looks like the same diamond pattern with white headrest that delta has. IMO, VERY Comfortable seats. There is no meal service in ANY domestic premium class flight for now. Even yyc-yyz and yvr-yyz on their 737s. They only serve meals in domestic for 787 biz class. In all premium, all you get is this tiny snack box(which is even worse than what United served on the awful yeg-ord on cr9s. for years). It literally has a single mentos with nuts and a bar.

787-9 //YYC-YYZ (econo to biz) $280 lowest accepted. You can also request upgrade from econo to premium, there is a separate tab for business and premium that you can offer for both!

787-9. //YYZ-YYC (econo to biz) $315 lowest acceptéd.

same flights last month YYC—YYZ round trip, 24 hour check in offer were both at $349. Lowest offer in advance still a better deal.

down side of these fares (as you all probably know) is you must buy econo and not basic. Or you can’t even offer to upgrade. All econo does is allows you to collect WS dollars and let’s you pick a seat for fee. I’m not sure even if basic fare counts towards the $ threshold for status. There’s no way anyone should choose Westjet basic over AC. It’s a terrible domestic ticket where you’ll be sat randomly at 24 hour check in. Probably in the back , middle seat.

pretty good deal if all you’re looking for Is flying lie flat transcon and cheap domestic F seats but advance UG doesn’t count toward $ threshold for status, all original fare. I’m not sure if you’ll get lounge access — I’ll try getting in the new YYC Westjet lounge with the upgraded 787 biz class boarding pass instead of amex plat when I travel next week to confirm. I do remember with AC that LMU’s gave lounge access even though it was original fare class rules.
NA-Flyer likes this.

Last edited by SKYEG; May 29, 2021 at 1:07 pm
Old May 29, 2021, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
There is no meal service in ANY domestic premium class flight for now. Even yyc-yyz and yvr-yyz on their 737s. They only serve meals in domestic for 787 biz class. In all premium, all you get is this tiny snack box(which is even worse than what United served on the awful yeg-ord on cr9s. for years). It literally has a single mentos with nuts and a bar.
Minor comment, they served my friend a cheese sandwich when flying Premium on the 787 between YYC-YYZ (if that counts as a meal). Wasn't very good, maybe the tiny snack box is a better choice.
Old May 30, 2021, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by zappy312
Minor comment, they served my friend a cheese sandwich when flying Premium on the 787 between YYC-YYZ (if that counts as a meal). Wasn't very good, maybe the tiny snack box is a better choice.
this is great to know. I’ll report back on both premium and biz domestic 787 meals in a few days to see if they’ve improved. Spoke with a WS SD today that said they were bringing back food soon
Frequentlander likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
787-9 //YYC-YYZ (econo to biz) $280 lowest accepted. You can also request upgrade from econo to premium, there is a separate tab for business and premium that you can offer for both!

787-9. //YYZ-YYC (econo to biz) $315 lowest acceptéd.
Do you think that would that be the same bid level for YYZ to YVR and back flights from Econ to Biz on the 789 transcon service?
Old Jun 5, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Do you think that would that be the same bid level for YYZ to YVR and back flights from Econ to Biz on the 789 transcon service?
I wish they would bring back the 789 on the YYZ-YVR transcon. Right not its limited to between YYC and YYZ.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 11:37 am

Hi,

YYC-YYZ Lowest $295 accepted (787 biz) . PY offer was lowest $135

[mod edit]

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 8, 2021 at 1:55 am Reason: Redacted the same content posted in the catering thread.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 5:14 pm

787YYZ-YYC min bid to J was $315. Last minute upgrade $269. So it can go the other way too…

787YYZ-YYC min bid to PY $135. Last min ug at $169.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
I wish they would bring back the 789 on the YYZ-YVR transcon. Right not its limited to between YYC and YYZ.
Later this month that route will restart and continue at least through July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.