Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WS announces Canada to London-Gatwick

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
BA just announced upgauging YVR to daily A380 service. No way WS can compete with that. It's gonna be Alberta.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:47 pm

BA is reducing capacity from YVR. By quite a bit.
This summer 2 daily B744. Next summer 1 daily A380.

In the 763 thread it was mentioned the YYC hangar is to small for the 763.
Although I'm confident Alberta will see some service, YYZ/Eastern Canada may see more service than many expect.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Any further details as to when we can expect to hear some kind of announcement?

Looking at O/W DUB-YYZ flights for summer 2016, but LGW-YYZ could also work nicely for us.

(that said, if we can't wait, forcing a longer layover at YYT appeals so we can spend a few hours exploring somewhere new!)
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:08 pm

In the middle of this month, the 2016 summer destination announcements should include all the routes and frequencies in and out of Gatwick and booking of those routes will be available.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 11:43 pm

Airline Route reports LGW service from YYC, YEG, YWG, YYZ, and YYT starting May 2016.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by keithguy
Airline Route reports LGW service from YYC, YEG, YWG, YYZ, and YYT starting May 2016.
also added YVR.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:45 am

Happy for Winnipeg
Old Sep 14, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC, AA, AS, UA, WN, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by keithguy
Yep and here are the frequencies & days of week of ops: YYC x16, YEG 16, YVR x6, YWG 6, YYZ D, YYT D (73G).

Congrats to all the winners. Sigh, YOW's overlooked again and YYT will have more London capacity than YOW will next summer. YYC is gonna be a bloodbath with BA & AC daily, x? weekly TS and now 5x weekly WS. Even with 2 hubs at the airport, how is that sustainable?

Congrats to YWG, but only 1x/week? I was guessing it would have been 2-3x/week. Nevertheless, I'm sure Winnipegers will be over the moon to have transatlantic service again. First time since that weekly Wow Air KEF service a few years back.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
BA also expanded codeshare ex-YVR/YYC/YYZ as well so it looks like they are playing along. Maybe they think LGW service won't cannibalize their LHR traffic?

I think WS is biting off more than it can chew. 6X extra weekly flights from YVR is not going to be able to fill, especially with the CAD downturn.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
I think WS is biting off more than it can chew. 6X extra weekly flights from YVR is not going to be able to fill, especially with the CAD downturn.
Remember that BA is reducing capacity to YVR next summer (down to 1x daily A380 as noted by tracon above) so that may leave room for Westjet to pick up the shortfall.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:24 pm
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/busin...009/story.html

Edmonton Journal also running the story that YEG will be included in the list for WS flights to LGW alongside YVR, YYC, YWG, YYZ and YYT.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by YoYUL
Congrats to all the winners. Sigh, YOW's overlooked again and YYT will have more London capacity than YOW will next summer.
More connections through YYZ. Just what I needed
Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
This is a good addition for YEG, wish it was 3x per week but hope it grows. The WS flight will add capacity for O/D opportunities to London while the KEF and AMS will provide the better connection routings for Europe. Hope AC keeps the LHR flight; who knows, maybe they add capacity at YEG as YVR and YYC will now have way too much total capacity.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:45 am

Seems to be a pricing error on the flights with regards to the UK APD. It being charged at the discount rate regardless of class selected, so Plus fares are presently ~140 CAD below what they should be.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Some quite nice flash sale launch prices today for LGW-YYZ.

Just booked 2 adults and 2 kids for the end of July, for about the same price as I was seeing for DUB-YYZ. We were going to be in the north of England, but heading back down to London is more convenient for us than positioning to DUB and getting an airport hotel.

I don't know what the regular Econo fare bucket prices will be like, but if you're able to take advantage of this lead-in fare (ends 11:59 MT tomorrow - Wed 16th Sep) for fares up to Aug 10th, it's a pretty decent price for a one-way ex-UK non-stop flight in summer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.