Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WS announces Canada to London-Gatwick

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 11:48 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by sofasurfer
IIRC, Icelandair is buy-on-board (apart from children, who get a free meal that, as I recall, was actually eaten by the then-and-continually discerning Little Miss Sofasurfer - which I always felt was a smart move on their part. Even mailed the "colouring-in postcards" to the addressees. Really astute work on their part. WS could do worse than to consider such an angle...)
While I also think they should be offering free meals, Icelandair is also flying 757 narrowbodies to KEF, so flight times are also shorter by around 2-3 hours.

I do think it's a bit stingy for Westjet to not offer meals for routes this long. Air Canada Rouge does it. Air Transat does it. And Sunwing does it to all their vacation destinations on even smaller aircraft.

Last edited by keitherson; Jun 6, 2016 at 11:54 pm
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:06 am

Plus you can use Saga Club Points to pay for meals. WestJet, on the other hand, does not accept WestJet Dollars as payment for food.

That would be a real improvement.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jagboi
That's more to do with range of the aircraft than pent up TATL demand in YHZ isn't it? AC already operates to LHR from there, is there room for 2 TATL players in addition to Transat etc?
Air Transat doesnot fly from Halifax to Europe.

If WestJet goes beyond O&D and looks for connections from LGW onward, I have no doubt that there is enough demand.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by sokolov
If WestJet goes beyond O&D and looks for connections from LGW onward, I have no doubt that there is enough demand.
I totally agree. AC connections beyond their YHZ-LHR route are often much more expensive than YHZ-YYZ-Europe or YHZ-YUL-Europe. If WS could team up with someone to connect to the rest of Europe at a decent price, then they would have no problem filling planes.

I certainly don't enjoy having to fly 1-2 hours in the wrong direction to start a TATL.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:11 am

Starting to worry about our connection in YYC for LAX with us coming in from LGW, the flight has already been pushed forward 2 hours from its original 1050 hrs departure.
The on-time stats are appalling!
On time - 30min late = 15%
45+ late = 72%
Cancelled = 11%
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:22 am

WestJet flights to London prompting a wave of complaints and compensation

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business/westjet-struggling-gatwick-flights-1.3670418
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:00 pm

Saretsky: "...London route has exceeded expectations..."

Demand for WestJet’s new London-Gatwick flight is strong, CEO Gregg Saretsky said Tuesday, but the Calgary-based carrier will need to strike a deal with its pilots before it can realize any new international ambitions and expand its wide-body fleet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.