The Lounge Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
T&C's state both, however YMMV.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:40 pm

Programs: VAG
Does anyone know if the lounge at MEL will be open and serving booze as usual on Good Friday?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Shouldn't be an issue - only once I have come across such a thing in OZ and the was Anzac day at MEL before Noon.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 7:19 am

On a D.L. award flying VA metal from LAX-SYD connecting to Bali: While transiting thru syd onto bali can I access the NZ lounge in SYD for showers? Would BNE or MEL be better transit point for shower access? Can I access the Premier lounge for shower upon arrival in DPS?
Old Apr 6, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by nas6034
On a D.L. award flying VA metal from LAX-SYD connecting to Bali: While transiting thru syd onto bali can I access the NZ lounge in SYD for showers? Would BNE or MEL be better transit point for shower access? Can I access the Premier lounge for shower upon arrival in DPS?
What is your status and what class are you travelling in?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
What is your status and what class are you travelling in?
No status and flying J.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:27 pm

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by nas6034
No status and flying J.
You will have no issue accessing the ANZ lounge by virtue of your cabin class. I can't confirm whether the lounge has showers but I assume it does. Of the three ANZ Lounges sydney is the largest and most likely to have the best facilities.

I'm not sure about the arrivals access in Bali. I'd guess not - I certainly wouldn't expect to.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 4:48 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
SYD Koru Lounge has showers, yes. Excellent booze and food as well. Gets crowded around the UA departure times.
Old May 22, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
I've performed searches and cannot find an answer to my question. I'm flying LAX-BNE-PQQ on a DL award, bizclass transpac and economy BNE-PQQ, no bizclass on that aircraft (ATR72). No status.

When arriving BNE, I understand I will transfer to the domestic terminal and there is a VA lounge there. Where can I take a shower on arrival, is there an arrival lounge with showers? And I assume I will be able to access the VA domestic lounge, is that correct?
Old May 22, 2013, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dianne47
I've performed searches and cannot find an answer to my question. I'm flying LAX-BNE-PQQ on a DL award, bizclass transpac and economy BNE-PQQ, no bizclass on that aircraft (ATR72). No status.

When arriving BNE, I understand I will transfer to the domestic terminal and there is a VA lounge there. Where can I take a shower on arrival, is there an arrival lounge with showers? And I assume I will be able to access the VA domestic lounge, is that correct?
There is at least one shower in the VA BNE domestic lounge.

However, I am not sure about access to the lounge - the inbound J ticket may help.

I guess you can only pleasantly ask (showing both your VA BP's).
Old Jun 9, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Carlson Gold
Similar question as above, I've booked a Delta award ticket for my parents-in-law as below. I know they get lounge access in LAX outbound and SYD inbound but any ideas of if they have a shot a lounge access in SYD outbound and LAX return? In both case they are coming off of transpacific J but going into Y seats (unfortunately no availability for those flights). I'm going to recommend they ask but checking here and the VA website had not clear answers.....thanks!

Outbound
ATL-LAX - DL Y
LAX-SYD - Virgin J
SYD-AKL- Virgin Y

....cruise.....

Return
SYD-LAX - Virgin J
LAX-ATL - DL Y
Old Jun 30, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: Delta: Platinum, Turkish: Gold (Star Alliance Gold); HHonors: Gold; Hyatt: Plat; SPG: Plat;
Lounge access in Sydney, Denspar, Brisbane?

I will be flying LAX-SYD-DPS and returning DPS-BNE-LAX on Delta award ticket.

- LAX-SYD is business on VA, so no issues abt lounge access in LAX

- SYD-DPS in economy on VA - VA does not have a lounge in Intl. terminal otherwise Delta PM would have worked. VA uses Air NZ lounge.

Can I use incoming Business ticket (LAX-SYD) or Delta status or Star Alliance gold (with VA flight?) to get into Air NZ lounge? It is nearly a 5 hr wait so a lounge will be desirable.

On return,
DPS - BNE - Economy - Will I have lounge access in DPS? I am assuming answer is no
BNE-LAX - Business - I am assuming BNE should be OK, due to fare class.

Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Just trying to make gold this year, and was wondering about the following:

Will a trip MEL-BNE-CNS (on the same ticket) count as 1 or 2 eligible sectors flown? Or am I better off to book the MEL-BNE and BNE-CNS legs separately?

Thanks guys
Old Aug 9, 2013, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 segments (since January 13th) ...
Old Aug 18, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: VA Gold, HH Gold
I'm flying Virgin Atlantic, SYD-LHR. As Velocity Gold, do I have access to the Virgin Atlanticc arrivals lounge in Heathrow? Can't find any information. Virgin Atlantic's own gold members have access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.