Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by CatchFlightsNotFeelings
1) Is it permissible to fly a "round trip" originating and returning to different cities? Like JFK-NRT-ORD, for instance?

What if they are in different zones? Like JFK-NRT-SFO, or JFK-NRT-HNL? How does this get priced?
Originally Posted by westsai
Does anyone know if this is allowed? Specifically the different zone.
I was able to do LAX-NRT-HNL!
Old May 11, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Can anyone advise if it is possible to change the date of my return leg after having already flown the outbound? Thanks in advance
Old May 12, 2019, 12:51 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond; VS Gold; Uber Diamond
Originally Posted by invalyd
Can anyone advise if it is possible to change the date of my return leg after having already flown the outbound? Thanks in advance
yes
invalyd likes this.
Old May 12, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I feel lame for asking this... after the changes with the other partners, do ANA still habe to be return or is 1 way ok?
Old May 12, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Originally Posted by Lewis42
I feel lame for asking this... after the changes with the other partners, do ANA still habe to be return or is 1 way ok?
ANA has to be return still.

What changes are you referring to?
Old May 15, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by CatchFlightsNotFeelings
yes
Any sense of how hard this is? Is it a YMMV situation?
Old May 16, 2019, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
Yes. Got EF notification for 2 F awards, NRT-HNL.
Thanks. Do you remember how close-in to the flight that was?

Originally Posted by Duke787
In my few weeks of stalking before my booking above, I didn't see 2x on the ANA JFK flights at all in either directions (I'm based at RDU so was agnostic to JFK, ORD, IAD, and IAH -- ended up that both IAD and ORD were available for my dates and I picked ORD due to Polaris lounge on outbound and ability to use Avios to book the AA direct flight on ORD - RDU on the way home).

I saw plenty on ORD and IAD flights (and more limited IAH flights) -- I assume JFK they keep to just 1 since they have a much better shot of selling out that cabin vs. their other F cities
Thanks, yeah. I see some Tue-Thu JFK flights with 2x, but not really desirable. I'm going to go with JFK-NRT for the girlfriend and ORD-NRT for myself, and hope a JFK seat opens up. I'm based in NYC so obviously JFK is preferred And ORD second because of proximity and flight frequency.
Old May 16, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
Thanks. Do you remember how close-in to the flight that was?
About 10 months out.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by craigthemif
As long as you are flying in the opposite direction of Golden Week you should be ok.

Of course it is a horrible time to visit Japan since hotels will be crazy expensive and tourist attractions full of Japanese visitors...
Just visited the entire Golden Week and it wasn't any more busy/expensive than past handful of visits during Sakura season in my opinion. The only annoying thing was the noticeable random closure of restaurants.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Was able to find 2 seats pretty easily for next Feb/Mar, hold, transfer points, and book. I didn't even have to wait on hold like I did a year and a half ago. Entire process was super easy and pleasant. Will be sad when this eventually goes away, especially with the 30% transfer bonuses.
Old May 22, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Duke777
Was able to find 2 seats pretty easily for next Feb/Mar, hold, transfer points, and book. I didn't even have to wait on hold like I did a year and a half ago. Entire process was super easy and pleasant. Will be sad when this eventually goes away, especially with the 30% transfer bonuses.
Pardon me if Im missunderstanding. Do you mean that it's possible to hold a booking in the meantime (2 days according to amex) of your points getting transfered?
Old May 22, 2019, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Pardon me if Im missunderstanding. Do you mean that it's possible to hold a booking in the meantime (2 days according to amex) of your points getting transfered?
You can hold award bookings on VS. Just call them to confirm the availability and then they will give you a reference number and when you call back to book, give them that reference number.
Duke787 and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
They were able to hold about 36 hours and provide me a booking code so I could call back and confirm. Both Amex and Citi points transferred instantly anyway.
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Plat, Choice Diamond: All things Chase
Should I call Virgin and add my ANA # to my award ticket?

I'm booked ANA F RT ORD - NRT. I assume it doesn't mess anything up? From what I've gathered you have to order your meal through the ANA website, is that correct? I can pull up the flight on ANA when I use my booking code but it doesn't show up under my account.
Old May 23, 2019, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Don.Majik.Juan
Should I call Virgin and add my ANA # to my award ticket?

I'm booked ANA F RT ORD - NRT. I assume it doesn't mess anything up? From what I've gathered you have to order your meal through the ANA website, is that correct? I can pull up the flight on ANA when I use my booking code but it doesn't show up under my account.
You only get two options for booking your meal anyways. Japanese or international which will be the same option on flight if you didn't select a meal. However, on your flight back you get 2 difference Japanese options when you do it online. Regular Japanese or Japanese (Asia Flights) option. At least that how it was in February and earlier this month when I flew.

Ya, I couldn't bring my flight up on the website or ANA app unless i searched my the booking code. Wasn't a big deal.

Don't think it really matters if you have ANA#, its a reward flight so your not going to get any miles from it anyways.
Don.Majik.Juan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.