Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

ESTA ("Electronic System For Travel Authorization") see here for threads and Q&A's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Moderator2
Place holder for ESTA wiki:
Print Wikipost

ESTA ("Electronic System For Travel Authorization") see here for threads and Q&A's

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 am

Will my previous 90 day stay affect my next short US visits?

I'm an Australian-UK dual citizen who splits my time between both Aus and the UK. (I'm freelance.) And so I travel a bit.
Last year I decided to spend some time travelling in the USA from Oct–Dec, basically hitting about 89 days on my ESTA.
Afterwards I travelled home to Australia for three months, then to the UK for work for a month. And am now visiting friends in Canada.
Right. So…
From here I'll fly home to Australia but with a two-week stopover in California, for as one of my dearest friends is having a 50th birthday. I figure enough time has passed (5 months) for last year's long stay on the ESTA to not be a problem. I also have my onward flight ticket and the birthday invitation, so can show that's why I'm there and that I'm not looking to stay any longer.
However.... another trip is in the mix. My friend in Canada wants to take a weekend trip to New York, and I'm wondering if that's going to be fine? Again, I'll have my return flight ticket – we're only going for two days. After that it's only a week before I head off to California so the stay in Canada in between won't be excessive.
Assuming you kind folks have followed all this… Would love some reassurance, or other guidance, whether the NY trip is going to be fine?
Old Jul 5, 2023, 5:19 pm

ESTA denied for Husband

Hi Travellers,

We are UK based and have travelled several times to the US over the last 15 years. Never had issues with obtaining ESTA's but suddenly my husbands has been denied and we have no idea why, nothing has changed.

I have asked for a Redress and gone so far as trying to process a B2 visa but the first appointment is not till the end of November in London.

Has anyone else had the same problem or a similar issue that could advise? I am at a loss of what else to try.

Thank you in advance

Last edited by MillyMolly77; Jul 5, 2023 at 5:27 pm
Old Jul 19, 2023, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Blue
ESTA Application Country of Birth

I know this is going to be very off topic. As I was born in Jersey, do I put Jersey or the UK as my country of birth on my ESTA? They do have an option for Jersey. I would ask on the local Jersey Facebook groups, but I would prefer the highly accurate collective knowledge of Flyertalk, than Jersey Facebook groups!

Thank you.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Paging T8191 !
RJD1983 and T8191 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 12:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If Jersey is listed as an option, and that's where you were born, then I would go with selecting Jersey.

UK would be incorrect really.
GUWonder, Misco60 and SxMan like this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 12:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by RJD1983
I know this is going to be very off topic. As I was born in Jersey, do I put Jersey or the UK as my country of birth on my ESTA? They do have an option for Jersey. I would ask on the local Jersey Facebook groups, but I would prefer the highly accurate collective knowledge of Flyertalk, than Jersey Facebook groups!

Thank you.
Jersey is not part of the UK so if you declared the UK in your application you’d be providing ’false or misleading information’. You have to provide passport details so you should declare whichever country is shown in your passport.
EuropeanPete, KARFA and SxMan like this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Complicated but simple! My JE passport is on my ESTA, but I was born in UK. And the Passport just says GBR for country of issue!

Just tell it like it is … not been a problem for me.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 6:26 am

I have had my ESTA approved. However, I can't see the ESTA number, only the payment reference. Where can I find the ESTA number? I want to add it to my flight booking.

Thank you.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 6:30 am

Should be visible in the esta site if you sign in under "continue existing application" https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Should be visible in the esta site if you sign in under "continue existing application" https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/
is it my application number?
Old Jul 20, 2023, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by RJD1983
is it my application number?
The string of numbers and letters noted as your "application number" is your esta number. there is no other number given once approved. i can't say i have ever needed it other than to access the esta on the esta website.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 9:42 am

Hello all, possibly a stupid question but I did my ESTA a fair few weeks ago now (first one I've had), approved almost immediately and put down details of hotel as both point of contact and where I'm staying.

My hotel has since changed and I've updated that part of the ESTA online. However will it matter that my point of contact address is now effectively null and void?
Old Aug 6, 2023, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The update should resolve that, but as a backup have your new reservation available for inspection. Should be a complete non-issue.
rarelyfly23 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 12:57 pm

Hi All ,
quick question please.

Im travelling to Jamaica from the UK for winter for three months .
if i travel via the US on the ETSA programme can i stay a week either side of my three months in the Caribbean ?
Id like to visit NYC for a week prior to travelling onto Jamaica ,spend 3 months in Jamaica & spend another week in the US before departing back home to the UK.
Or will i have to tie this travel into 3 months ? I'm hoping I've made sense

Cheers
John
Old Nov 5, 2023, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by juneplum
Hi All ,
quick question please.

Im travelling to Jamaica from the UK for winter for three months .
if i travel via the US on the ETSA programme can i stay a week either side of my three months in the Caribbean ?
Id like to visit NYC for a week prior to travelling onto Jamaica ,spend 3 months in Jamaica & spend another week in the US before departing back home to the UK.
Or will i have to tie this travel into 3 months ? I'm hoping I've made sense

Cheers
John
yes that would be fine if you are on an ESTA and with a UK passport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.