Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2013, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Share the gift of travel this holiday season - share your miles with a friend or family member. It's an economical way to help someone travel.

This Cyber Week, from December 2–6, we're making sharing even sweeter with a special holiday bonus miles offer that can help you give up to DOUBLE the miles.

The more you share, the more bonus miles your friend or family member will receive.

US Website for info:
https://buy.points.com/marketing/usairways/landingpages/share.html?CAMPAIGNCODE=003_25_0110_BYUP50000BNS00 0000000_021213

Both accounts must be >= 12 days old.

NOTE: It is against the Flyertalk Guidelines & Rules to offer to trade, outside of Coupon Connection. Disciplinary action will be taken if there are posts to that effect.
Print Wikipost

100% Share promo Dec 02 to Dec 06

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Data point...

Shared 50K with the wife and 50K back to me from her. Both transactions posted instantly and I used the same credit card for both.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
Another data point:

I made six transfers with the same card. The sixth transfer is still pending (2 hours so far).

I made two more transfers with a different card with a different name and different billing address. That was pending for about 20 minutes and then both went through.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: HHonors Gold; Accor Plat; SQ/TG
Originally Posted by Aeran
Second update Update on this: I initiated 4 more transactions and they're all on hold. Looks like it'll probably be delayed and then come through later (hopefully). For those interested about the theory of # credit card transactions / etc causing the holds, here's a breakdown of the 12 transactions between 12 accounts I made today (all within a 6 hour span):

Transactions 1-4: All on credit card A, all went through immediately. None of the account names matched credit card A details.

Transaction 5: 5th transaction on credit card A, held for a few hours until 9:07 EST. Account names didn't match card details.
Transaction 6: 1st transaction on credit card B, held for a few hours until 9:07 EST. Account names didn't match card details.
Transaction 7: 1st transaction via PayPal (linked to credit card A). Held for a few hours until 9:07 EST. Recipient account matched Paypal.
Transaction 8: 2nd transaction on credit card B, held for a few hours until 9:07 EST. Account names didn't match card details.

*waited until transactions 5-8 cleared at 9:07 EST, then started transactions 9-12.

Transaction 9: 6th transaction on credit card A, still pending. Account names didn't match card details.
Transaction 10-12: 3-5th transactions on credit card B, still pending. Only the recipient account on transaction 11 matched card details.

Note that credit cards A & B have different names, but the same address. It's interesting that even the 1st transaction on credit card B and the PayPal account were blocked; and transactions 5-8 were all on different computers and browsers. So a simple counting of times a credit card was used wouldn't explain this. Perhaps there is a different identification such as the first 3 bytes of your IP? This may explain other's getting their transactions put on hold on their first/second try and stated in previous threads. Just an idea...

ps. before I get flamed - all 12 accounts are legitimate, real-life family and friends.
Last update: all remaining transactions (9-12) completed today at 9:07 AM EST, which is exactly the same time of day as the previous set of 4 transactions cleared. In summary:
Transactions 1-4:
- Initiated Nov 6, 2013 @ 4:25 PM - 4:45 PM (SGT)
- Posted instantly

Transactions 5-8:
- Initiated Nov 6, 2013 @ 4:49 PM - 6:26 PM (SGT)
- On hold until 10:07 PM (SGT), roughly 4-5 hours later

Transactions 9-12:
- Initiated Nov 6, 2013 @ 10:19 PM - 10:36 PM (SGT)
- On hold until 10:07 PM (SGT) on Nov 7, just under 24 hours later

* note that the above times are all SGT (Singapore), which is 13 hours ahead of EST (e.g. 10:07 PM SGT = 9:07 AM EST)

** of the 12 transactions, 6 were done on card A, 5 on card B, and 1 via PayPal (using card A as the source)
My guess is that the first 4 transactions will go through immediately, and subsequent transactions are put on hold until 9:07 AM (EST) for some sort of automated/bulk approval or processing. Additionally I'm guessing the card used won't really matter, but rather the limit may be based on location/IP/or similar.

Anyways, hope everyone's transactions went through fine. Though a bit sad that all of this data may be useless if this is the last share promo
Old Dec 7, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Aeran
Last update: all remaining transactions (9-12) completed today at 9:07 AM EST, which is exactly the same time of day as the previous set of 4 transactions cleared......(
Some people reported last year that US voided similar transactions and refunded the fees paid. You're really pushing it with 12 transfers.
Anyway, can we expect these miles to count towards AA's million miler status?
Old Dec 7, 2013, 8:21 am

Purchased miles do not count towards status.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: HHonors Gold; Accor Plat; SQ/TG
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Some people reported last year that US voided similar transactions and refunded the fees paid. You're really pushing it with 12 transfers.
Anyway, can we expect these miles to count towards AA's million miler status?
If I remember correctly lots of those voided/audited transactions involved cycling miles back and forth between the same accounts, or strangers trading miles or transfers between multiple accounts of the same person. I've done dozens of buy/shares per promo this year and haven't had any issues, but maybe it's just my luck. Regardless, all accounts involved are always tied to genuine people and the transactions are not-for-profit so it hopefully it checks out even if flags are raised.

Not sure on the AA status but I'm guessing at the rate US sells miles, AA would probably need to consider it very carefully before counting them.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 9:03 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Does anybody know if the 100% Share miles promotion might be back in 2014?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 1:02 pm

IIRC, the 100% share promo is only offered about 1-2 times per year and I doubt that any of us know if and when it will be offered again.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: United 1k
Originally Posted by apeortdz
IIRC, the 100% share promo is only offered about 1-2 times per year and I doubt that any of us know if and when it will be offered again.
I was hoping they would offer it one more time before exiting Star Alliance
Old Apr 7, 2014, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
The promo is back - link.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: UA Plat, AS Gold75k, WN CP, Starwood Gold
Amazing. Thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:10 am

Current promo thread.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
great i'm in......!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.