Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2013, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Share the gift of travel this holiday season - share your miles with a friend or family member. It's an economical way to help someone travel.

This Cyber Week, from December 2–6, we're making sharing even sweeter with a special holiday bonus miles offer that can help you give up to DOUBLE the miles.

The more you share, the more bonus miles your friend or family member will receive.

US Website for info:
https://buy.points.com/marketing/usairways/landingpages/share.html?CAMPAIGNCODE=003_25_0110_BYUP50000BNS00 0000000_021213

Both accounts must be >= 12 days old.

NOTE: It is against the Flyertalk Guidelines & Rules to offer to trade, outside of Coupon Connection. Disciplinary action will be taken if there are posts to that effect.
Print Wikipost

100% Share promo Dec 02 to Dec 06

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Shared 50'000 miles + bonus from account A to account B yesterday. The receiving account (B) had a starting balance of 63'000. The new balance on account B is now 143'000. Means there are missing 20'000 miles. On the online statement of account B its showing the credit of 50'000 'Shared miles' and 50'000 of 'DEC 2013 UP TO 100% BONUS - SHARE'. No miles had been redeemed in the last weeks from this account. And thats the only share transaction on both accounts in this round...

Anybody else encountered that problem too? Did not have the time yet to call US or points...
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by pbd456
Take your parents somewhere, then u will need more miles, like I do.
Planning 3 J trip to south American from north Asia, and a few more intra Asia J trips. Things are burning fast.
Hi
can you (PM if nesc. ) tell me the routing on N Asia to S America ? How many miles for J ?

Thanks..
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:33 am

I would love to take advantage of this promo but unfortunately I can't find anyone that I know has 50000 points to begin with. I also have no points to start this transfer
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Shared 50'000 miles + bonus from account A to account B yesterday. The receiving account (B) had a starting balance of 63'000. The new balance on account B is now 143'000. Means there are missing 20'000 miles. On the online statement of account B its showing the credit of 50'000 'Shared miles' and 50'000 of 'DEC 2013 UP TO 100% BONUS - SHARE'. No miles had been redeemed in the last weeks from this account. And thats the only share transaction on both accounts in this round...

Anybody else encountered that problem too? Did not have the time yet to call US or points...
Interesting. We had no trouble last night. Shared 50k to my wife. Instantly received 50 + 50. Then 50k back to me. Instantly 50 + 50 back.

Let us know what happens when you call.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS Gold75k, WN CP, Starwood Gold
Just shared A->B then B->A and it went through instantly.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (since 1987) PLAT. USAir Dividend, AF Flying Blue.
Originally Posted by briansee
Just shared A->B then B->A and it went through instantly.
okay, good to know. Thank You
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Shared... A>B and B>A .... transfer went through immediately.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:12 am

Programs: All of Them
Did my 5th and 6th transfers today between accounts 5 and 6 and they were not instantaneous as my first 4 were. this is probably because account 6 has not been used in over 18 months. 5th Transfer took 10 hours and still waiting on transfer 6 to occur 5 hours into it.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 2:21 am

Programs: HHonors Gold; Accor Plat; SQ/TG
Originally Posted by Richklhs
Did my 5th and 6th transfers today between accounts 5 and 6 and they were not instantaneous as my first 4 were. this is probably because account 6 has not been used in over 18 months. 5th Transfer took 10 hours and still waiting on transfer 6 to occur 5 hours into it.
Were they all on the same credit card? I have the same issue right now, transactions 1-4 on Card1 went through immediately. Transaction 5 on Card1 got to the confirmation page but the miles haven't deducted/posted yet. Tried transaction 6 on Card2 (different name, same address) and that hasn't posted yet either... =\
Old Dec 6, 2013, 2:23 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Transferred 50 K from C to both A and B.
Instant confirmations !
Old Dec 6, 2013, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Aeran
Were they all on the same credit card? I have the same issue right now, transactions 1-4 on Card1 went through immediately. Transaction 5 on Card1 got to the confirmation page but the miles haven't deducted/posted yet. Tried transaction 6 on Card2 (different name, same address) and that hasn't posted yet either... =\
Update on this: I just had all 4 pending transactions post simultaneously 4 minutes ago (7 mins after the hour). All the emails / PayPal notifications / etc came through at the same time. I'm guessing someone just had to press a button to flush everything through. Hope everyone else's pending transactions just posted too!
Old Dec 6, 2013, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Aeran
Update on this: I just had all 4 pending transactions post simultaneously 4 minutes ago (7 mins after the hour). All the emails / PayPal notifications / etc came through at the same time. I'm guessing someone just had to press a button to flush everything through. Hope everyone else's pending transactions just posted too!
Second update Update on this: I initiated 4 more transactions and they're all on hold. Looks like it'll probably be delayed and then come through later (hopefully). For those interested about the theory of # credit card transactions / etc causing the holds, here's a breakdown of the 12 transactions between 12 accounts I made today (all within a 6 hour span):

Transactions 1-4: All on credit card A, all went through immediately. None of the account names matched credit card A details.

Transaction 5: 5th transaction on credit card A, held for a few hours until 9:07 EST. Account names didn't match card details.
Transaction 6: 1st transaction on credit card B, held for a few hours until 9:07 EST. Account names didn't match card details.
Transaction 7: 1st transaction via PayPal (linked to credit card A). Held for a few hours until 9:07 EST. Recipient account matched Paypal.
Transaction 8: 2nd transaction on credit card B, held for a few hours until 9:07 EST. Account names didn't match card details.

*waited until transactions 5-8 cleared at 9:07 EST, then started transactions 9-12.

Transaction 9: 6th transaction on credit card A, still pending. Account names didn't match card details.
Transaction 10-12: 3-5th transactions on credit card B, still pending. Only the recipient account on transaction 11 matched card details.

Note that credit cards A & B have different names, but the same address. It's interesting that even the 1st transaction on credit card B and the PayPal account were blocked; and transactions 5-8 were all on different computers and browsers. So a simple counting of times a credit card was used wouldn't explain this. Perhaps there is a different identification such as the first 3 bytes of your IP? This may explain other's getting their transactions put on hold on their first/second try and stated in previous threads. Just an idea...

ps. before I get flamed - all 12 accounts are legitimate, real-life family and friends.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:01 am

Hi sorry for the noob question, but what are the fees for doing a transfer with a friend? The fine print says "Miles are shared for $0.01 per mile plus a processing fee of $30 and a tax recovery charge of 7.5%." So 50k mile transfers cost how much exactly?
Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by RiskCalculated
...The fine print says "Miles are shared for $0.01 per mile plus a processing fee of $30 and a tax recovery charge of 7.5%." So 50k mile transfers cost how much exactly?
$567.50 total in USA. Extra tax for Canada, IIRC.

BTW, welcome to FlyerTalk, RiskCalculated

Last edited by kudzu; Dec 6, 2013 at 8:19 am Reason: to add welcome
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by kudzu
Extra tax for Canada, IIRC.
Easily fixed by putting USA instead of Canada into the country of your billing address.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.