Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

5,000 pqm for us club membership until 05/31/2014 is now here! (NEW: updated date)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles: new & existing members*

Earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles when you buy or renew an annual membership by May 31, 2014. Enroll or renew online or call 800-828-8522 and use promo code NM500 for new memberships or CR500 for renewals.

Link to US site:
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/traveltools/club/default.html
Click on the, "News & Offers," tab and it is the 2nd item down.
Print Wikipost

5,000 pqm for us club membership until 05/31/2014 is now here! (NEW: updated date)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2013, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Pizzaman87
I did the same thing Lizs!
I called and they refunded me the $100 no problem (although will take 10 days to show on CC) when I mentioned the offer and explained the situation. Agent was so nice and the entire call was under 5 minutes!! ^^

First time I've needed to call into preferred line (hit Silver through trial earlier this year) and very pleased with the result.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: US Platinum, DL GM
Platinum worth it?

I am debating whether to go for this special. I will be 3000 miles short of reaching Platinum this year. However I am unsure whether Platinum on USAir will be worth anything when (if) the merger goes through with AA. Yesterday a USAir agent mentioned to me on the phone, when I was trying to use miles for a Star Alliance flight in March (no such luck!) that she expects the merger to go through by March. Looking at AA's frequent flier program, it looks like there are only 3 tiers - 25K, 50K, and 100K. So I'm not sure it's worth spending the money if all US gold and platinum members will be lumped together into the AA 50K tier.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
Old Oct 23, 2013, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by SleepPHL
Does anyone have any thoughts?
I have two:

1. Integration of frequent flyer programs would be very unlikely to take place shortly after the closing of a merger, and it's equally unlikely that a tier would simply disappear in the interim; and

2. Integration of Dividend Miles and AAdvantage is never going to happen anyway, because the US-AA merger is as good as dead.

If you're at all likely to use the membership, and would benefit from the extra 25% RDM bonus and earlier upgrade window, pull the trigger.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Superguy
You get whatever the deal states plus the discount for your elite status.

Since I was renewing, my deal was $50 off and 5k PQMs. Since I'm a CP, my base price was $325. I paid $275 and got 5k PQMs.
Thanks for the info...Looks like I'll go ahead and sign up then tomorrow.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Anyone know how early you can renew your membership? Mine expires in late Feb and I was wondering if I could renew now and get an extra year from my original expiration date in Feb.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Captain Flush
I have two:

1. Integration of frequent flyer programs would be very unlikely to take place shortly after the closing of a merger, and it's equally unlikely that a tier would simply disappear in the interim; and

2. Integration of Dividend Miles and AAdvantage is never going to happen anyway, because the US-AA merger is as good as dead.

If you're at all likely to use the membership, and would benefit from the extra 25% RDM bonus and earlier upgrade window, pull the trigger.
I agree. 3000 PQMs aren't hard to obtain, and either by MR or just buying the remainder.

Normally I wouldn't say there's a huge jump between gold and platinum, but for that close, I'd do it just for the RDMs and higher upgrade priority.

I also think the merger's going to die, so the more status, the better. When UA and CO merged, CO had a 75k tier (but no 100K) and UA had 50k and 100K but no 75K. UA created a Premier Exec Plus in at 75k until the programs were merged. Now it's a 4 tier program like US's.

If the merger were to happen, I'd expect something similar.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bevoinva
Anyone know how early you can renew your membership? Mine expires in late Feb and I was wondering if I could renew now and get an extra year from my original expiration date in Feb.
Doesn't hurt to call and ask.

The 5k PQM promo lasts until 12/31. The only thing you'd miss out on is the $50 off.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:35 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bevoinva
IIRC, you can renew 90 days prior to expiration.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:55 am

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Yes, and it will use your original expiration date.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Plat
Had to finally grab this deal. $100 savings, plus the 5k PQM. Seemed like a no-brainer!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Originally Posted by GrjApp
Yes, and it will use your original expiration date.
Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Signed up online this morning. Got a confirmation number but no email confirming.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Michael El
Signed up online this morning. Got a confirmation number but no email confirming.
My email took a day or two to show up for some reason but I got it along with my PQM's.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by Michael El
I'm still waiting for an email and the PQM after signing up Wednesday afternoon. It did say it would be active in 3 business days, seems like they may have actually meant it.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a tip - US processes all club memberships manually, so the quickest way to renew the membership and get your miles is to call them. A rep essentially gets an email with all your information and then processes it. It can take a few days to actually get to a rep.

A US rep told me that last year when I called to find out why my membership wasn't active after a few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.