Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

5,000 pqm for us club membership until 05/31/2014 is now here! (NEW: updated date)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles: new & existing members*

Earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles when you buy or renew an annual membership by May 31, 2014. Enroll or renew online or call 800-828-8522 and use promo code NM500 for new memberships or CR500 for renewals.

Link to US site:
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/traveltools/club/default.html
Click on the, "News & Offers," tab and it is the 2nd item down.
Print Wikipost

5,000 pqm for us club membership until 05/31/2014 is now here! (NEW: updated date)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:16 pm

I also joined last June. If you renew now, does your expiration go one year from your current expiration date or one year from renewal date?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:09 pm

If you renew it will get extened 365 days from the date it was set to expire....so, renewing today, your membership would expire in June of 2014.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:56 pm

Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2013, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
I thought you could only renew within a certain time of your expiration (maybe 60 days?).
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:41 pm

Programs: US - Gold Preferred, leisuring and MRing for status :-)
I don't have any current travel planned in the near future, but I really want the PQMs. I'm wondering what others think about how "safe" it is to wait until just before my next travel to do this (which is unplanned right now) and actually still get the miles. I know it says it is good through December 31, 2013. It's just that it almost seems too good to be true that it would actually last that long! They can stop any promotion anytime they'd like, it seems.

If you were in my position -- wanted the miles, but don't need the club membership right now and would rather start it for a year when you're actually going to use it -- what would you do?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 4:59 am

Programs: M&M FTL, A-Club Platinum, HH Gold, FB Silver, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, BW Rewards Diamond
Why Chairman is cheaper than lower status?

If I buy Gold status or higher will allow me access to the Star Alliance Gold lounge in Europe?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 5:44 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Aston Martin
Why Chairman is cheaper than lower status?
The additional discount is a benefit that US Airways gives to its highest-tier elites.

If I buy Gold status or higher will allow me access to the Star Alliance Gold lounge in Europe?
Yes, as long as you are traveling on a Star Alliance Gold itinerary departing from the airport you're using the lounge in.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:14 am

Programs: DL SILVER AMEX MRHH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
FOllow Up question

Lets say you bought trial preferred Silver for the 200.00. You need to fly miles to achieve your status and maintain it. If you buy into the Club, do the 5000 PQM count towards the miles needed? Thoughts
Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: M&M FTL, A-Club Platinum, HH Gold, FB Silver, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, BW Rewards Diamond
Originally Posted by LM225
The additional discount is a benefit that US Airways gives to its highest-tier elites.

Yes, as long as you are traveling on a Star Alliance Gold itinerary departing from the airport you're using the lounge in.
One more question, What will be the next status after downgrading for Chairman and how long will be valid without flying US Airways?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:24 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by barney44
Lets say you bought trial preferred Silver for the 200.00. You need to fly miles to achieve your status and maintain it. If you buy into the Club, do the 5000 PQM count towards the miles needed? Thoughts
No - for the trial only BIS miles count.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:26 am

[QUOTE I know it says it is good through December 31, 2013. It's just that it almost seems too good to be true that it would actually last that long! They can stop any promotion anytime they'd like, it seems. QUOTE]

IMO I'd get it now (which is what I am going to do), I don't trust such a long window, especially if the response is high and they see all the PQM's going out. Or, maybe with the merger they don't care and just want the cash?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:30 am

One more question, What will be the next status after downgrading for Chairman and how long will be valid without flying US Airways?
I'm not sure I understand your question...if you're asking what the status level below Chairman's Preferred is, it's Platinum.

Regardless of whether you fly with US Airways or not, your status will expire in February 2014, unless you wait until July to buy up, in which case your status expires February 2015.

If you only need to access a lounge for one trip, you may be better off buying a Gold Trial (link). And if you don't fly US at all and just want Star Alliance Gold, once your US Gold trial is underway, it may also be possible to get Turkish Airlines to match your Gold status for two years (link).
Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by IflyUSPHX
If you renew it will get extened 365 days from the date it was set to expire....so, renewing today, your membership would expire in June of 2014.
Just to clarify, on the flip side of that, they DO NOT use your past expiration date on renewals. Mine expired 2-14-13, I just renewed and they said my new one expires 3-26-14.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by LM225
I'm not sure I understand your question...if you're asking what the status level below Chairman's Preferred is, it's Platinum.

Regardless of whether you fly with US Airways or not, your status will expire in February 2014, unless you wait until July to buy up, in which case your status expires February 2015.

If you only need to access a lounge for one trip, you may be better off buying a Gold Trial (link). And if you don't fly US at all and just want Star Alliance Gold, once your US Gold trial is underway, it may also be possible to get Turkish Airlines to match your Gold status for two years (link).
My question concerned what will be next level after expired Chairman status as you mentioned in February 2015
Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:42 am

My question concerned what will be next level after expired Chairman status as you mentioned in February 2015
If your status expires, you will go back to having no status at all. US sometimes gives elites a "soft landing" and grants them a lower-level status when their status expires, but this is not an official policy, and if you never fly on US, I think it's an unlikely scenario for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.