Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

5,000 pqm for us club membership until 05/31/2014 is now here! (NEW: updated date)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles: new & existing members*

Earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles when you buy or renew an annual membership by May 31, 2014. Enroll or renew online or call 800-828-8522 and use promo code NM500 for new memberships or CR500 for renewals.

Link to US site:
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/traveltools/club/default.html
Click on the, "News & Offers," tab and it is the 2nd item down.
Print Wikipost

5,000 pqm for us club membership until 05/31/2014 is now here! (NEW: updated date)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:47 am

Programs: M&M FTL, A-Club Platinum, HH Gold, FB Silver, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, BW Rewards Diamond
Originally Posted by LM225
If your status expires, you will go back to having no status at all. US sometimes gives elites a "soft landing" and grants them a lower-level status when their status expires, but this is not an official policy, and if you never fly on US, I think it's an unlikely scenario for you.
Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by cdepks
Just to clarify, on the flip side of that, they DO NOT use your past expiration date on renewals. Mine expired 2-14-13, I just renewed and they said my new one expires 3-26-14.
I don't think that's even really a renewal. Just a new membership.

I think the question is if your membership expires 7/1/13, and you renew today, will expiration be 7/1/14.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by lkar
I don't think that's even really a renewal. Just a new membership.

I think the question is if your membership expires 7/1/13, and you renew today, will expiration be 7/1/14.
You have 6 months from the expiration date where they consider it a renewal (no initiation fee), but the date changes to the date it was renewed, I understood the original question, just wanted to contribute my $.02 on the reverse situation....
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: US - Gold Preferred, leisuring and MRing for status :-)
You have 6 months from the expiration date where they consider it a renewal (no initiation fee), but the date changes to the date it was renewed, I understood the original question, just wanted to contribute my $.02 on the reverse situation....
That's actually really helpful for me to know how long I can wait to renew without an initiation fee! Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: DL SILVER AMEX MRHH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the quick reply.
Originally Posted by bevoinva
Originally Posted by barney44
Lets say you bought trial preferred Silver for the 200.00. You need to fly miles to achieve your status and maintain it. If you buy into the Club, do the 5000 PQM count towards the miles needed? Thoughts
No - for the trial only BIS miles count.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:29 am

Oh, I see.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:13 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Platinum 50+
Originally Posted by kudzu
"Promotional Code" - left side near bottom as you fill out your CC details.

Better to call and renew over the phone if you can ... your EQMs post faster!
I renewed on-line yesterday and my miles posted the same day!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:22 pm

I have been very critical of US in the past. However, I just re-upped my club membership 3 days ago and the miles already posted! Great job!
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Two questions

1. Since this new offer came out, has anyone renewed whose membership is (was) not set to expire until after, say 30 June 2013 (i.e., more than 3 months from now)? And, if so, did US extend the membership for a year from whatever that date was?
  2. Can we stack the Barclays US MC club membership discount on our renewal? (I should know the answer to this, but am far from my Barclay's paper stuff and can't remember what I did last year.)
Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: Globalist Hyatt, Platinum AA, Platinum Delta
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
  1. Since this new offer came out, has anyone renewed whose membership is (was) not set to expire until after, say 30 June 2013 (i.e., more than 3 months from now)? And, if so, did US extend the membership for a year from whatever that date was?
  2. Can we stack the Barclays US MC club membership discount on our renewal? (I should know the answer to this, but am far from my Barclay's paper stuff and can't remember what I did last year.)
I can help answer #2- I called the club membership hotline last week (bc i was expecting my welcome kit with the coupon and i needed to do an international travel soon) - the lady who was uber nice said she can see that i did get a new card recently, so she would manually apply the 75$ discount to my account if i wanted in addition to this promo, no problems. Also, for those that did not know, she also mentioned that the 75$ discount from the credit card promo ONLY applies to those with basic membership. those that became preferred silver and above will not be able to use the 75$ voucher.

Ended up getting my packet a day later, still contemplating to get the membership or not.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: US-G/*G, SPG-G, MR-G, Avis-F
They cut it really close for me this year! My Club expires in early April and I was going to hold out until the last day, before renewing on the lousy 1K PQM promo. But, low & behold... the 5K program arrived, just in time!

I called the club desk, renewed over the phone and the 5K PQM's were in my account before I hung up the phone
Old Apr 2, 2013, 3:39 pm

Anyone have any luck in getting the additional 4,000 PQM for a 1,000 PQM renewal that was shortly prior to the new offer ?
Old Apr 2, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
How long is the "shortly"? My wife renewed my club membership online using the 1000 points code. One hour later, she saw the 5000 points code advertised. She called immediately and I got the 5000 points.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, USDM Gold, National Exec Elite, IHG Dumped-now Kettle, SPG Platinum
How long in advance of a flight do you need to purchase in order to get the access to the lounge? I assume I have to wait for a card or something?
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:31 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by oldsmoboi
How long in advance of a flight do you need to purchase in order to get the access to the lounge? I assume I have to wait for a card or something?
You should be able to get access to US clubs right away (when you buy, ask them to send you a membership letter via email). The card can take a couple of weeks to arrive. I've had mixed results using just the letter to get into partner lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.