Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US miles as low as 1.1cpm (DM Multiplier promo)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2012, 2:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
Originally Posted by dsauch
cancelled my ticket on 6th, CC statement says refund came in same day.
Although i dont think it actually posted until 3-4 days later
I still did not get the refund back. I booked a ticket on Sep.5 and canceled it five minutes late. I called my credit card company, they said first call US airway, if they did not issue refund. Yhey will dispute the charge for me.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
I booked ticket on 9/5, canceled on 9/6, refund posted 9/10 and points posted on 9/11 as a data point. I was prepared to wait the 6 weeks that they said it might take to be refunded. Perhaps the issue is with your CC? I used my Amex.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
are you guys canceling your tickets online or over the phone?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: AS AA
Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980
I still did not get the refund back. I booked a ticket on Sep.5 and canceled it five minutes late. I called my credit card company, they said first call US airway, if they did not issue refund. Yhey will dispute the charge for me.
Originally Posted by ianturner
are you guys canceling your tickets online or over the phone?
Read this thread

You must call US Airways to CANCEL AND REQEUST refund. Cancellation online within 24 hours only voids your ticket, but the fund remains as travel credit. The bad thing is that refund will not be offered if requested after 24 hours from booking.

Last edited by alfrie; Sep 11, 2012 at 9:44 am
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by alfrie
Read this thread

You must call US Airways to CANCEL AND REQEUST refund. Cancellation online within 24 hours only voids your ticket, but the fund remains as travel credit. The bad thing is that refund will not be offered if requested after 24 hours from booking.
i cancelled online (within a week, as i bought refundable ticket) and was offered choices of refund/credit/etc - got my refund
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: AS AA
Originally Posted by dsauch
i cancelled online (within a week, as i bought refundable ticket) and was offered choices of refund/credit/etc - got my refund
Apparently more choices are given to refundable tickets. Folks taking advantage of this 24-hour fee-free cancellation of non-refundable tickets should be more careful.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: all
I would like to do this but am now scared about US potentially blocking the account. Got several hundred thousand miles that I bought by paying $$ when US has the double miles promos.

Given those miles are not miles earned but actually miles paid for by cash, do you think US could still close those miles out?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:55 pm

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. I think that saying applies here. I can't see how its worth US Air's time to go after customers who are paying $0.012 cpm which is likely significantly more than they sell to Barclay's etc.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 2:15 pm

You never know..because of this promoted as a big deal by bloggers..may happen..QUOTE=LynchMob;19296097]Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. I think that saying applies here. I can't see how its worth US Air's time to go after customers who are paying $0.012 cpm which is likely significantly more than they sell to Barclay's etc.[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 11, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by LynchMob
I can't see how its worth US Air's time to go after customers who are paying $0.012 cpm which is likely significantly more than they sell to Barclay's etc.
Does anyone here actually know for what price US sells its miles to partners? I'm quite curious.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 4:36 pm

I'm sure information is confidential but there have been previous discussion topics that mention ~$0.005

Last edited by LynchMob; Sep 11, 2012 at 9:27 pm
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by LynchMob
I'm sure information is confidential but there have been previous discussion topics that mention ~$0.50
I love a link to those previous discussions. There is no way any partner would buy miles at 50 cents/mile.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: all
Originally Posted by tommyleo
I love a link to those previous discussions. There is no way any partner would buy miles at 50 cents/mile.
I agree. I think he may have meant 1/2 cent. .05 cents which makes sense
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by pantanal
I agree. I think he may have meant 1/2 cent. .05 cents which makes sense
Yup. LynchMob corrected it.

Last edited by tommyleo; Sep 12, 2012 at 8:27 am
Old Sep 13, 2012, 4:25 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
When you buy Dividend Miles Multiplier miles and are eligible for the double miles promo, do the bonus double miles post after the regular "multiplied" miles post? I had flights last weekend and bought 3x miles; the 3x miles have now posted, but the double 3x miles haven't.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.