Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US miles as low as 1.1cpm (DM Multiplier promo)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:30 am

quick refund

jumped on this deal; decided to go for a the more expensive refundable fare; cancelled online and confirmed with phone agent; refund processed 36 hours later.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: all
Originally Posted by basejump
jumped on this deal; decided to go for a the more expensive refundable fare; cancelled online and confirmed with phone agent; refund processed 36 hours later.
when did the points post?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: US Airways CP, UA 1K, DL Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
When you buy Dividend Miles Multiplier miles and are eligible for the double miles promo, do the bonus double miles post after the regular "multiplied" miles post? I had flights last weekend and bought 3x miles; the 3x miles have now posted, but the double 3x miles haven't.

Thanks.
When did they post?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: Silver, US Air
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
When you buy Dividend Miles Multiplier miles and are eligible for the double miles promo, do the bonus double miles post after the regular "multiplied" miles post? I had flights last weekend and bought 3x miles; the 3x miles have now posted, but the double 3x miles haven't.

Thanks.
I think those are two separate promotions which means you'll get 2x the original milage. Not twice the 3x miles, which is a separate promotion.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: US, HH
How long did 50% bonus took to post?

Can someone confirm how long it took for the 50% bonus miles to post after completion of a trip? I am still waiting for my bonus miles 4 weeks after my trip. When I called to ask the DM support line, they couldn't find details of the promotion. The link in the OP also no longer show the 50% bonus details but reverted back to the basic multiplier deal.

Basically they told me to email them the details and they'll research, but if someone has a smiliar experience and it eventually posted, I'll just wait.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: US Airways CP, UA 1K, DL Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by GrjApp
Can someone confirm how long it took for the 50% bonus miles to post after completion of a trip? I am still waiting for my bonus miles 4 weeks after my trip. When I called to ask the DM support line, they couldn't find details of the promotion. The link in the OP also no longer show the 50% bonus details but reverted back to the basic multiplier deal.

Basically they told me to email them the details and they'll research, but if someone has a smiliar experience and it eventually posted, I'll just wait.
I am in the same boat. Did anyone get their 50% bonus? Does someone have an email promoting it?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: US, HH
Took 4 weeks and 3 emails but it finally posted yesterday.

Based on the reply I got back directly from the DM desk, my 3rd email (to the silver desk) was forwarded to them and they must have done some research and posted it. In the last email I included the dates the promo ran, because I got the impression they did not know or remember about such a promo.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL
A little late to the game on this, but what would be the best route for a DM member with no status, so no preferred bonus miles to try and take advantage of the DMM. Thanks
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Only way to do it is to find a 24,000+ (but under 25,000) mile itinerary. Luckily I have one you can take advantage of.

Go and "purchase" a full fare COACH ticket using the multi-city tool.
Leg 1: HNL-TLV
Leg 2: TLV-MIA
Leg 3: MIA-YVR
Leg 4: YVR-HNL

The routing SHOULD be: HNL-PHX-PHL-TLV-PHL-MIA-PHX-YVR-PHX-HNL.

Total miles flown? 24,897. Looks pretty good to me. The x3 miles should cost $599 and should net you (at ~1.2cpm) 49,794 miles
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Ex Plat
Originally Posted by ariyo15
Only way to do it is to find a 24,000+ (but under 25,000) mile itinerary. Luckily I have one you can take advantage of.

Go and "purchase" a full fare COACH ticket using the multi-city tool.
Leg 1: HNL-TLV
Leg 2: TLV-MIA
Leg 3: MIA-YVR
Leg 4: YVR-HNL

The routing SHOULD be: HNL-PHX-PHL-TLV-PHL-MIA-PHX-YVR-PHX-HNL.

Total miles flown? 24,897. Looks pretty good to me. The x3 miles should cost $599 and should net you (at ~1.2cpm) 49,794 miles

Is this deal still going on? I thought it was over
Old Nov 25, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Originally Posted by xxpert
Is this deal still going on? I thought it was over
Well, the bonus is over, but the option to buy x3 miles for $599 (for trips under 25,000 miles) is still available. Whether or not it will work despite canceling the ticket, I can't confirm. BUT - it is a fully refundable ticket, so in theory it is worth a try
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by ariyo15
Well, the bonus is over, but the option to buy x3 miles for $599 (for trips under 25,000 miles) is still available. Whether or not it will work despite canceling the ticket, I can't confirm. BUT - it is a fully refundable ticket, so in theory it is worth a try
I just tried this and see $969 for the 3x.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:33 pm
zlc

Originally Posted by naiel
I just tried this and see $969 for the 3x.
Seems like it's dynamic pricing at about 2c per mile now.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
tried SFO-TLV just now. I got 3x for $999. Prices have gone up! All good things...
Old Jun 5, 2013, 2:53 pm

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Is this officially dead now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.