Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways miles expiring, how/when keep/reinstate them (merged)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by teese35
I would think so
I'm looking forward the the AA transition so I can see an actual expiration date of my miles anytime I wish
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Gold SPG Gold HHonors Gold
That will be a nice feature
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by st1575
Looks like iTunes is back:
Miles from a mid-February iTunes e-GC purchase just posted last week, about 10 days after purchase:

DIVIDEND MILES STORE FRONT PURCHASE, ITUNES.COM 20

Looks like my my miles are safe through 2015.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: None
Unless you have other activity in your account, your miles won't be good through 2015. They expire 18 after months the last activity and that would be in August 2015.

Jim
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Miles from a mid-February iTunes e-GC purchase just posted last week, about 10 days after purchase:

DIVIDEND MILES STORE FRONT PURCHASE, ITUNES.COM 20

Question - does the purchase need to be made by expiration or the posting?

Of course, if the posting occurs afterwards I assume there will be some hassle involved in calling etc.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:10 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Bought me a coat through Kohls.com because my miles (all 15,000 of them) were set to expire in May. Spent $14, miles posted in less than a week. In fact, I don't even have the coat yet but I have the miles!
Old May 3, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
I had a decent chunk of US air miles that expired a couple days ago... is there any chance the CS would let me do the $9 preservation or is it too late? Otherwise I'm looking at a $250 fee or flying on US sometime in the next couple months (latter would be doable). Thanks for any help.
Old May 5, 2014, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
How can I even tell if my miles are expiring? When I log into the site, I don't see anything about expiring miles. And when I click "last statement", nothing happens.

And when is it expected that this program will merge with the AA program? Is there a date yet?
Old Jun 8, 2014, 3:22 am

Dividend Miles expired -- worth saving?

I have 1,998 dividend miles. I can spend $9 before the end of the month to save them. Is it worth it? I rarely fly US airways, although a couple of my friends just moved to AZ so I may be flying out there more often, probably with US Air. If they and AA ever combine their milage programs, that would be great, as I often fly AA when I do fly. Regardless, is it worth $9 to save my 2,000 miles?
Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by enriquei
... Regardless, is it worth $9 to save my 2,000 miles?
Welcome to FlyerTalk, enriquei ^

Can't do anything with 2,000 US miles by themselves, but they'd be merged with AA at some point (likely next year) to add to your AA balance.

Valuing each US mile at 1 cent, your US miles are worth about $20. Whether it's worth spending $9 now for $20 worth of later use is up to you ...
Old Jun 8, 2014, 2:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I wouldn't spend $9 for 2,000 miles, but I would buy something through their shopping mall that I already needed.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by kudzu
Welcome to FlyerTalk, enriquei ^

Can't do anything with 2,000 US miles by themselves, but they'd be merged with AA at some point (likely next year) to add to your AA balance.

Valuing each US mile at 1 cent, your US miles are worth about $20. Whether it's worth spending $9 now for $20 worth of later use is up to you ...
Originally Posted by CMK10
I wouldn't spend $9 for 2,000 miles, but I would buy something through their shopping mall that I already needed.

Thanks guys!
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Miles expiration..?

Where on the USAir WEB site can I see when my miles expire?
Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by pkerr
Where on the USAir WEB site can I see when my miles expire?
Thanks
You can't. Have a look on the last monthly statement emailed to you.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP 3mm, Hyatt Globalist
Dividend Miles Expiring

As an AA EXP, I generally fly AA, but pre-merger, I had a small US Dividend Miles account (primarily because I live on the East Coast and fly the shuttle). Post merger, I have continued to fly on US metal, but switched all activity to Aadvantage for the elite qualification assistance. I noted that my Dividend Miles are expiring; while I understand that there are many inexpensive and easy ways to keep my miles active, it is just annoying that my post-merger activity on US doesn't keep my Dividend Miles from expiring - I just want to keep them so that they will be eventually added to my aadvantage account. In the great scheme of things, this is a small annoyance (and I just paid 8 dollars to keep the miles active - yes, I know there are cheaper ways) but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, in either direction (AA or US miles expiring).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.