Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways miles expiring, how/when keep/reinstate them (merged)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2013, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by letsgomets
I contacted DM to find out my lifetime miles and they said those were reset too due to my inactivity. Seems pretty outrageous. Do the DM T&C's even provide for that? I know that they always have the right to close an account, but they didn't. So what's the basis to pretend I never flew them in the past for purposes of lifetime qualifications?
To keep your membership active, you must use or earn miles within a consecutive 18-month period, or your miles may be forfeited.
It doesn't say "forfeited, but kept as lifetime miles"

You must reinstate the entire balance of forfeited miles within 36 months of the last activity date at the time of forfeiture, or the miles will be permanently deleted from your account
(I'm not saying it's fair, just answering your question)
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:14 am

Where's the preserve miles link to prevent expiration?

My children's US Air miles are about to expire and they both have enough of a balance that I'd like to preserve them by paying the $9 or $40 fee to keep the accounts active.

Can anyone direct me to the web link or how to get to the portion of the US Air web site to pay this fee? Or, how to pay it at all?

Thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Why not simply buy something from one of the hundreds of online retailers, to preserve their accounts:

https://www.dividendmilesstorefront....ping/h____.htm

My guess is that you're already buying from one of these stores, so get some credit for it.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 1:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by jsnydcsa
My children's US Air miles are about to expire and they both have enough of a balance that I'd like to preserve them by paying the $9 or $40 fee to keep the accounts active.

Can anyone direct me to the web link or how to get to the portion of the US Air web site to pay this fee? Or, how to pay it at all?

Thanks!
There's a sticky at the top of the forum that has commonly used threads in the forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...em-merged.html

I've merged your thread in with our existing thread on this subject.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:29 am

US Airways miles expires soon, what's the best way to earn a few miles?

I can do a transfer from SPG to US Airways, but the minimum amount to transfer is 2500 SPG points, I value my SPG points more than the US Airways dividend miles, so hate to do that.

Any quick and easy option for a few US Airways dividend miles?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, rif-raf on most others; MBTA "valued customer"
Is there an Idine restaurant near your home or office? A $2 cup of coffee will do the trick.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:58 am

I know on United, you can just use a few miles to get a magazine subscription and it will reset the expiration date. This is a good way if the miles expire very very soon. Otherwise, I would either hit up Dividend Miles shopping or dining.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...em-merged.html
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:53 pm

Easy way to freshen-up US Airways miles?

I just need a tiny amount of US Airways miles to "freshen-up" my US Airways miles so they don't expire before merging into AAdvantage miles.

Are there any quick surveys I could take for a few points? Or does US Airways have a mall where I could purchase an iTunes song, etc?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairmans Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum/,Lifetime Silver Hertz Presidents
Yes they have a mall where you can buy anything! Could always buy a gift card, I believe they sent me an email in December to keep my son's active for $9.00 he ony has $25K miles but I did it, still worth a free coach ticket...
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
There is indeed:

https://www.dividendmilesstorefront.com/

You can also check the US website for more options:

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid.../getmiles.html
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
The cheapest way to do the DM Mall is to just buy one song from iTunes for just 99 cents. That gives you one mile and resets the clock on your miles!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:39 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by awaflyboy
The cheapest way to do the DM Mall is to just buy one song from iTunes for just 99 cents. That gives you one mile and resets the clock on your miles!
Is a song from iTunes still available there?

I do not see that option anywhere.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: None
I read a while back - a year or so - that ITunes songs were no longer available through the DM Mall. Find the least expensive thing you can, as long as it's over $1, or order something you'd get anyway. As long as you've got 6-8 weeks before your miles expire it should post to your account in time.

Jim
Old Jan 12, 2014, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last time I had to renew for the kids, I found the iTunes option no longer available. I got a $10 Home Depot gift card. Or I bought a few sockets I needed from Home Depot -I did one for US and one for AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.