Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2010, 8:33 pm

FWIW, after finding out my gift card doesn't count on dividend miles shopping mall, I went for the $1.08 chap stick at Wal-mart. With tax and $.97 shipping, it comes to $2.15.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lkar
FWIW, after finding out my gift card doesn't count on dividend miles shopping mall, I went for the $1.08 chap stick at Wal-mart. With tax and $.97 shipping, it comes to $2.15.
You can still do a printable/emailable iTunes card, which earns 2 US/$

http://www.skymall.com/usairwaysmile...1&nav=category
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by lynowens
For those of you who have played this game before, do you think US Air will honor the Gaiam purchase that were done before they pulled it? Or do we need another for insurance?
What got pulled? Gaiam is still listed as a valid merchant at the Dividend Miles Shopping Mall. In my experience last year purchases with them took about 12 days to post.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 3:14 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by ivany
Actually for the Dividend Shopping Mall check out the Lonely Planet store.

You can download individual chapters of their travel guides for $4.50 US per chapter. No shipping costs since it's an e-download (and hey, it'll be useful when you use the points from your grand slam hits for your next trip!).
Nice find! I already have the ones for this trip but I will need some for next year's trip.

Gaiam is back but it did go missing for a day or so. Last year it took 12 days to post.

My mother is LOL at getting a special delivery box from Officemax about twice the size of a shoebox full of foam packing and one box of crayons for the grandkids!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 3:37 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Asia Miles is working on Points.com now, swap went through instantly to US!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 4:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Thanks so much for the Greenpoints suggestion. Worked easy!!!

Just wanted to ask people. Track-it-back is now posted on the Grand Slam promotion page. However, the cheapest item on the "US Dividend Miles earning" page is $19.99 + shipping. I tried to put in the digital tags for $15.99 however it doesn't give me an option to put my US Dividend miles number in, so it seems like it's not mileage earning.

Ideas? Advice?

Thanks again !
Old Sep 10, 2010, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by starflyer
What got pulled? Gaiam is still listed as a valid merchant at the Dividend Miles Shopping Mall. In my experience last year purchases with them took about 12 days to post.
Gaiam disappeared for a day or two -- but in the past day or so they returned. Let the tree-buying commence!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 6:39 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by peachy3
Thanks so much for the Greenpoints suggestion. Worked easy!!!

Just wanted to ask people. Track-it-back is now posted on the Grand Slam promotion page. However, the cheapest item on the "US Dividend Miles earning" page is $19.99 + shipping. I tried to put in the digital tags for $15.99 however it doesn't give me an option to put my US Dividend miles number in, so it seems like it's not mileage earning.

Ideas? Advice?

Thanks again !
+1 on the S&H Greenpoints. That required minimal effort and the transactions posted immediately.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 6:56 am

Programs: DL,US,UA
Originally Posted by skimple
Like a lot of other people, I was having trouble getting Icelandair or Midwest Miles to register on points.com. However, I was able to sign up for an S&H Greenpoints account and make the following swap.

53DM -> 18 GP -> 1 DM

Took about 30 minutes to sign-up, exchange one-way, and then exchange back. Transfer is already showing in my US Air account!

Good luck!
Thank you, thank you! This worked for me, and as you say, immediate transaction.

Thank you for helping me with this hit.

And thank you for making it possible for me to never have to visit points.com again.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 8:33 am

Amex -> SPG now 20% bonus

For those of you looking to top-off your SPG accounts to get enough points to transfer to US Airways:

Amex is now offering a 20% bonus on transfers to SPG. You get 400 SPG points for 1000 Amex. It's not a great deal, but better than the usual 333 SPG points.

So if you have no SPG points, it would cost you 7000 Amex points to get 2800 SPG points. 2500 SPG points is the minimum transfer to US for a non-elite SPG member and equates to 2500 DM. So you go from 8000 MR -> 2664 DM (3:1) to 7000 MR -> 2800 DM (2.5:1)

Happy Juggling!

Last edited by skimple; Sep 10, 2010 at 9:02 am
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:05 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by skimple
For those of you looking to top-off your SPG accounts to get enough points to transfer to US Airways:

Amex is now offering a 20% bonus on transfers to SPG. You get 400 SPG points for 1000 Amex. It's not a great deal, but better than the usual 333 SPG points.

So if you have no SPG points, it would cost you 7000 Amex points to get 2800 SPG points. 2500 SPG points is the minimum transfer to US for a non-elite SPG member and equates to 2500 DM. So you go from 8000 MR -> 2664 DM (3:1) to 7000 MR -> 2800 DM (2.5:1)

Happy Juggling!
I can't sort out your math here. Maybe it's too early in the day.

But, that being said, I just went to order a magazine and noticed that Woman's Day is no longer available (?) at 300 miles - I think the least showing now costs 400 miles - so it was This Old House for me.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lkar
The "merchant specific information" for the apple store on the DM shopping site says (at least for me): "Miles will not be awarded for iPhone 4, gift card, iTunes, one to one mac training and gift wrapping purchases."
You need to go to the itunes store and not the apple store (two separate shops in the "mall"). They are currently offering 2 miles for every $1 spent in the itunes store.

iTunes Shopping Mall Store link

Oh and my Women's magazine posted today, even though I changed the shipping info to my mother. I hope she likes it haha....
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:20 am

For those who used sharebuilder (from ING), how long does it take to post the miles to your DM account once you have a fund deposited to your sharebuilder account (not even before buying a stock)? I just made a deposit this morning and wonder about the time frame. Or, anyone who didn't get the miles with the deposit only? Then, I need to consider to buy one share of a stock.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Wow, I am trying to figure if it is worth 10000 Hilton points for 1000 US miles. I think I will sit on those for a threshold hit.
JudyJFLA
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by miffSC
I can't sort out your math here. Maybe it's too early in the day.

But, that being said, I just went to order a magazine and noticed that Woman's Day is no longer available (?) at 300 miles - I think the least showing now costs 400 miles - so it was This Old House for me.
I picked up Coastal Living for 400 as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.