Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2010, 5:34 am

Programs: starwood plat 5*elite svo, usair, delta, jetblue, southwest, nwa
i had stays at choice hotels on nov1, paid for all of them and on my account the YTD dial stays i have 2 stays but there is no activity in my account. the says are being sent over to Usair for hits . how long does it take to post, i have never worked with choice before, only starwood and they post very fast.

so how long does it take to post? thanks
Old Nov 9, 2010, 5:51 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
Originally Posted by pointsjunkie53
so how long does it take to post? thanks
8 days form stay on my us account, but you will be safe, they post the date of stay as activity date
Old Nov 9, 2010, 5:54 am

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by sacgrad2002
do I NEED TO BE INVITED FOR E-REWARDS?
Yes and US needs to invite you and it is too late for this hit.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 5:59 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pointsjunkie53
since everyone here seems to think US wireless might not pan through, how many extra hits do I need to make? i am at 2 extra. does this seem reasonable?
Yes so long as you have your receipts/ screen prints of everything you did that hasn't posted yet, you should be fine.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by ejh25
Yes so long as you have your receipts/ screen prints of everything you did that hasn't posted yet, you should be fine.
I dont agree.

DM wireless are notorious for cancelling orders, and they wont notify you.

This might be the same for some other merchants if the shipment is undelivered and returned (at least Chronomed and Skymall).
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:25 am

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
nope..still waiting from early october
9/4/2010 09/30/10 biscoff gourmet snacks 290
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
Funny thing, I emailed 21st Century for both of our accounts about the 200 miles that have not posted ( I know, I am anal about postings) On mine I received the following:

Response (Shakira) 11/08/2010 03:27 PM
Dear Judy Jones:

Thank you for considering 21st Century Insurance for your insurance needs. We apologize for the confusion. In order to receive the air miles you had to purchase a policy under the US Air members account. We show you did get a quote, but did not purchase the policy. We do not provide the air miles unless the policy is purchased.

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us again by responding to this email or by phone at 1-800-807-9458.

Are YOU Covered? Call 21st Century Insurance at 888-824-3351 or visit our website at https://21st.homesite.com/iQuoteWeb and learn more about protecting your home and property.

Sincerely,

The 21st Century Insurance Team

Then on my Mom's reply:
Dear Customer Jones,

Thank you for your correspondence. You should receive your miles credit within 6-8 weeks of your quote. If you haven't received the points by mid December, please reply or call 1-800-807-9458 and we will be happy to review your information. If you have any other questions, please reply or call in.

Thank you for your interest in 21st Century Insurance.

Sincerely,

The 21st Century Insurance Team

So they can't even get their act together. I sent the first one a paste of the US Air site of the 200 mile promise for just the quote, so depending on who looks at the quote we may or may not get the miles.

JudyJFLA
I did NOT purchase the insurance, but I did get a quote and I did get a hit.

9/4/2010 10/15/10 21ST CENTURY INSURANCE 200
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:50 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by Argonott

Ditto.

Also, just received my priority club transfer thanks to the priority club challenge the last couple of weeks. Nothing like a free hit!

34 posted, 4 to go (2 buffers due to DM Wireless & NetSol)
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:00 am

I also have some Priority Club points sitting around as a result of the challenge, but I am not sure about transferring them, because those points could possibly prove to be valuable, with Pointsbreaks etc. Am I crazy for thinking this?
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by Mintman10
I also have some Priority Club points sitting around as a result of the challenge, but I am not sure about transferring them, because those points could possibly prove to be valuable, with Pointsbreaks etc. Am I crazy for thinking this?
well, since they are valuable right now, then yes, i think you're slightly crazy
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: United 1K, AMEX Plat, Priority Club Plat, Starwood Gold
You are not crazy for thinking this. It just depends on what you value more and where you are in your progress towards 36 hits. If its the only thing that you can do to get your 36th hit, then I would say it is worth it. But, only you can decide.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:10 am

Just found out from lifelock, that you have to get charged the full 9 dollars in order to get the miles, if you choose to get a prorated charge for the service, you probably won't receive miles.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:16 am

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by Argonott

I think that when JudyJFLA sent her e-mail to 21st Century Insurance, it was received and answered by a CSR who is not fully aware of the promotion.

If you are sending a direct e-mail (not using a form on the company's website), it is my recommendation to include a copy of your order\quote\etc; the terms of the promotion; etc. since customer service is poor to average at most companies.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:19 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Lifelock

Just found out from lifelock, that you have to get charged the full 9 dollars in order to get the miles, if you choose to get a prorated charge for the service, you probably won't receive miles.
I waited until the points posted to cancel. A little bit of a hard sell to try to keep me signed up until I eventuually said, "That's my business and not yours." They offered to prorarate, I acted surprised. AMEX was refunded $6.94.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: US Airways DM Silver, United Mileage Plus
Question Did this week's sweep not happen?

I know somebody else asked this question a few pages back, and I couldn't find a reply. It looks like this week's sweep is either delayed or has not taken place yet, since I haven't seen the grand slam bonus miles post. Is this the case for everyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.