Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2010, 4:26 pm

For those wondering about Biscoff, I just talked to a rep there (pleasant despite getting a lot of frantic calls) who confirmed that the October info was uploaded to US on 10/25. He seemed slightly astonished by the GS mania, including that manifested by a few folks who showed up recently at the Biscoff store in person desperate to get an order in.

FWIW, he also says that US is grousing about all the diddly little purchases people are making to generate hits. He agreed that this is pretty dumb, given that US controls the T&C. (I even explained to him the change US made this time around closing the SPG "buy a Coke" loophole.)
Old Nov 8, 2010, 4:43 pm

Programs: WN CP, SPG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by ArizonaRoadWarrior
Credit Cards: Personally, I think that it is too late. You could get a hit for a credit card..if and these are big IFs...1) the credit card arrives in your mailbox by November 9th; 2) You charge something to your credit card the same day; 3) the store submit the charge to their merchant bank for processing that same day; 4) charge is posted to Barclay on the 9th; 5) you call the credit card company to change your billing cycle to November 10th or the 11th; and 6) Barclay will post your miles to US on November 11th or 12th (since US doesn't post on the weekends, 11/13 & 11/14).
When I called to have my statement date changed I was advised the new statement date would take into effect after the next billing cycle. After I mentioned that I hadn't received the card yet and it still hadn't been activated, the rep said it might be possible if I called back after receiving the card, but before activating it. Sure enough when I received the card I was able to change the date in time for the hit.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 5:00 pm

Grand Slam bonus points not posted yet?

Isn't today the posting day? They usually post early in the day. Anyone received theirs yet?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by romeoguy
Isn't today the posting day? They usually post early in the day. Anyone received theirs yet?
Next week, I believe.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Radisson / Goldpoints

Had this appear today:

10/27/2010 11/08/10 GOLD POINT CONVERSION, ,MINNEAPOLIS MN ,US , 250

Just under two weeks with an activity date one day prior to the request. Hopefully useful to those getting their 2000 points right under the wire.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 5:14 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Need Help

I need help with making a transfer of GoldPoints to Dividend Miles. I can see the points in my account at Points.com, but when I try to do the Move From option, it does not reflect my GP account there. So then I thought maybe I need to do the Exchange between Programs - but it is not showing up there either.

So any suggestion as to what to do now? This exchange is turning out to be rather critical because I am still missing five hits...... (coupled with the fact that I am trying to reach 32) I am sitting at 29 hits with 24 posted.

Problem Fixed: Did it through GoldPoints site.

Last edited by miffSC; Nov 8, 2010 at 5:27 pm Reason: Fixed
Old Nov 8, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Question from someone who can help (searched, but didn't find the answer):

I have 28 hits and want one more for a buffer. I'm going to do a SPG dine for the last hit, but I'm wondering if it will give the correct activity date? My questions:

1) Is there a delay between dining date and the activity date on DM? (i.e. am I too late for Grand Slam?)

2) Do they post quicker by going to the front desk afterwards or faxing/emailing it in?

3) Does the method of payment matter?

Thanks for the help!

I also want to do SPG dinning keep waiting since it is 30 miles away. I'm not sure if it is worth doing now. Anyone know these answers? Thanks!
Old Nov 8, 2010, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by travelpye
Interesting. I tried to do the 4 co miles to 1 US DM miles transfer via points.com three times in September. The first two times, after seeming to go OK with a confirmation and everything, I subsequently got messages from points.com saying the transfers failed. So I tried again, with it going through flawlessly on third attempt.

Today, the first two "failed" attempts processed as well and two more DM miles hit!
I assume you're using different US DM accounts. There is a limit of one points.com transfer hit per US DM account.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 5:53 pm

In regards to Budget, you can't earn miles at an off-airport location. I posted the wordings from Budget in a previous post stating that miles can't be earned at an off-airport location.
FYI, I just complete an off-airport rental and GOT the hit from Budget. I rented from Budget @ LAS p/u and return at the Golden Nugget hotel.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by starflyer
I assume you're using different US DM accounts. There is a limit of one points.com transfer hit per US DM account.
I was not expecting additional hits. I was simply interested that they did transfer several weeks after points.com said they failed. no big deal as I was only moving 4 miles at at a time. (Now, if I had been transferring larger number of miles and done that three times only because points.com told me first two had failed, that would be a problem.) I meant the post as more of a caution re reliability of points.com transfer failure messages.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:14 pm

Programs: United 1k (finally!), Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by beltway
For those wondering about Biscoff, I just talked to a rep there (pleasant despite getting a lot of frantic calls) who confirmed that the October info was uploaded to US on 10/25. He seemed slightly astonished by the GS mania, including that manifested by a few folks who showed up recently at the Biscoff store in person desperate to get an order in.

FWIW, he also says that US is grousing about all the diddly little purchases people are making to generate hits. He agreed that this is pretty dumb, given that US controls the T&C. (I even explained to him the change US made this time around closing the SPG "buy a Coke" loophole.)
The question has anyone recently gotten a Biscoff hit?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:14 pm

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by inTYO
FYI, I just complete an off-airport rental and GOT the hit from Budget. I rented from Budget @ LAS p/u and return at the Golden Nugget hotel.
This is from the Budget's website:
Participating Locations
Earn miles at all corporate-owned and many participating licensee-owned airport locations worldwide. If you determine that your airport location is licensee-owned, please contact that location directly to find out if it's participating. Airline Frequent Traveler programs have been discontinued at all Budget local market locations. Program members will no longer be eligible to earn airline miles, credits or points when renting at local market locations. Airline frequency programs will remain in place at participating Budget airport locations only.
If I understood what you wrote, you picked up your Budget rental car from the Budget lot at Las Vegas airport thus making your rental an airport rental regardless where you return it.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by miffSC
I need help with making a transfer of GoldPoints to Dividend Miles. I can see the points in my account at Points.com, but when I try to do the Move From option, it does not reflect my GP account there. So then I thought maybe I need to do the Exchange between Programs - but it is not showing up there either.

So any suggestion as to what to do now? This exchange is turning out to be rather critical because I am still missing five hits...... (coupled with the fact that I am trying to reach 32) I am sitting at 29 hits with 24 posted.

Problem Fixed: Did it through GoldPoints site.

Are you sure this is a safe way to do it? I read on the rules it said "swap points or miles on points.com".
I have had this comming up on points.com repeatedly------ "There was a connection error updating your balance. Please try again in a few minutes.So i am desperate to figure this out!!
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:21 pm

This is from the Budget's website:

If I understood what you wrote, you picked up your Budget rental car from the Budget lot at Las Vegas airport thus making your rental an airport rental regardless where you return it.
I picked up and returned the car to the Goldgen Nugget hotel location, no airport involved in this rental.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Funny thing, I emailed 21st Century for both of our accounts about the 200 miles that have not posted ( I know, I am anal about postings) On mine I received the following:

Response (Shakira) 11/08/2010 03:27 PM
Dear Judy Jones:

Thank you for considering 21st Century Insurance for your insurance needs. We apologize for the confusion. In order to receive the air miles you had to purchase a policy under the US Air members account. We show you did get a quote, but did not purchase the policy. We do not provide the air miles unless the policy is purchased.

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us again by responding to this email or by phone at 1-800-807-9458.

Are YOU Covered? Call 21st Century Insurance at 888-824-3351 or visit our website at https://21st.homesite.com/iQuoteWeb and learn more about protecting your home and property.

Sincerely,

The 21st Century Insurance Team

Then on my Mom's reply:
Dear Customer Jones,

Thank you for your correspondence. You should receive your miles credit within 6-8 weeks of your quote. If you haven't received the points by mid December, please reply or call 1-800-807-9458 and we will be happy to review your information. If you have any other questions, please reply or call in.

Thank you for your interest in 21st Century Insurance.

Sincerely,

The 21st Century Insurance Team

So they can't even get their act together. I sent the first one a paste of the US Air site of the 200 mile promise for just the quote, so depending on who looks at the quote we may or may not get the miles.

JudyJFLA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.