Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
FYI you cannot get a hit from chronomed anymore because the US Airways offer shows up as expired.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by poptarts
If I stay a qualified hotel this weekend but the hotel does not credit my US Airways account until after 11/15, will I still receive a hit for the stay?
No different than any other hit. The Activity Date has to be 9/1/2010 - 11/14/2010, Posting Date can be as late as 2/25/2011. If you do a hotel stay, I'd suggest checking out no later than 11/14/2010 to be safe.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
I think we found the cutoff, I requested mine on Friday afternoon (11/5) and do not have the posting on US yet.
And here is mine as a data point:

10/31/2010 11/09/10 PRIORITY CLUB REDEMPTION AWARD
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by louie-m
Re MagsforMiles - I ordered Maxim for just 100 points on 28 October using the link on post #5105 and the hit posted on 4 November. I also order Coastal Living for 400 points the same day and got the confirmation email, but no sign of the hit and it doesn't appear on the link posted just above (thanks for that ARW), so it looks like that one is out of stock. Bargain for 100 points even if Maxim is hardly of interest to the mate to whom it is heading!

Also I've (or rather hubby has) done the points.com 92 DM -> 4 CO -> 1 DM transfer today, starting from scratch with points.com, having enrolled in the CO FF programme last night. Instant and easy-peasy.

Just waiting on the Goldpoints transfer then I am done, although I've only managed 4,000 miles for me and 8,000 for hubby as so many things are not available to me in the UK. Was it worth the effort/stress/obsession? Probably not.
If you do multiple accts and go for 36 hits yes, low figures no.

Originally Posted by rrgg
I would say something about violating consumer law in some states and to honor the miles until they fix their receipts. That is BS.
Absolutely. Not surprised they answered that on a direct question, but I guess its just like a preparation on what to come battling US CSR on legal routings

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
ATTENTION

For all of you guys who purchased on Wine Insiders!

I had a long discussion now with Wine Insiders. First was the usual blah blah blah "it will take two weeks"...

To summarize: They refused to give any miles for Wine Insiders purchases.

According to them, it was written on the groupon vouchers, that two "special promotions" cannot be combined.

I explained them that on the US Airways there was no "special promotion" because there was only one single choice: One could order the wine and get 1k miles.

Further to that, I explained that they changed the T&Cs on their websites one week ago. - Why? - Because it was not written that Groupon and US cannot be combined.

My urgent advice to all of you who ordered Wine Insiders:
  • Call NOW Wine Insiders and insist on points
  • Open a case with the BBB
  • Refuse the payment with your credit card
If you dispute the CC, could you still claim your rights?

Managed to get my sentry quote from Europe. Claimed I was hearing impaired (partly true, according to some authoratives), to get quote by e-mail.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
looks like things are chugging right along in here... i was current until about post 322 when i finished my hits, now i'm just a cruiser. could someone tell me if anyone has gotten a posted hit from chronomed yet?
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by travelkid

Managed to get my sentry quote from Europe. Claimed I was hearing impaired (partly true, according to some authoratives), to get quote by e-mail.
If you are going to cheat a company out of miles, at least keep it to yourself.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
ATTENTION

For all of you guys who purchased on Wine Insiders!

I had a long discussion now with Wine Insiders. First was the usual blah blah blah "it will take two weeks"...

To summarize: They refused to give any miles for Wine Insiders purchases.

According to them, it was written on the groupon vouchers, that two "special promotions" cannot be combined.

I explained them that on the US Airways there was no "special promotion" because there was only one single choice: One could order the wine and get 1k miles.

Further to that, I explained that they changed the T&Cs on their websites one week ago. - Why? - Because it was not written that Groupon and US cannot be combined.

My urgent advice to all of you who ordered Wine Insiders:
  • Call NOW Wine Insiders and insist on points
  • Open a case with the BBB
  • Refuse the payment with your credit card
I just called and spoke to a CSR. She looked up my order and politely said the miles will post 2 months from the shipping date. I asked her if the activity date is the order date or the shipping date. She said they use the shipping date as the activity date. My receipt even lists my US account number. She said to call back if I don't receive my miles by 12/4 (my order shipped 10/4). I was willing to argue and fight but she said I will get my miles. I didn't offer to her that I used the Groupon because I don't want a supervisor reviewing my order. I guess I will just fight with US Airways and the BBB if WI tries to not award my miles. They could give me 100 miles for all I care, I just want the hit.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Sabre1
33 - Knight's Inn Cleveland, TN 10/15 (charged to AMEX, credited to WR, waiting for transfer to DM)
You may have better luck by calling WR directly. Here is mine after calling WR on 10/27 or 10/28:

10/12/2010 11/03/10 KNIGHTS INN,2421 GEORGETOWN RD. ,CLEVELAND TN ,US ,37361
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by metallim
looks like things are chugging right along in here... i was current until about post 322 when i finished my hits, now i'm just a cruiser. could someone tell me if anyone has gotten a posted hit from chronomed yet?
You can search for "chronomed" using the thread search feature to find postings regarding chronomed. And to answer your question, yes someone has received a posted hit from chronomed.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:15 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by gqsewertube
Netflix 2500 mile bonus posted today from signup Saturday ^ . Didn't even send away for a DVD. Just put an "instant" movie on to make sure the account had some activity:

11/6/2010 11/09/10 NETFLIX MILEAGE AWARDS 2,500
Did you do the one month free promotion? That's what I did about a month ago and I haven't seen anything yet.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by TAWS
If you are going to cheat a company out of miles, at least keep it to yourself.
This is the kind of thing I am hearing impaired for.

I have no clue what you know about my insurance needs. Use the info as you want but judge people elsewhere
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by starflyer
Posted Activity Date must be no later than 14 November 2010. I think different hotel programs may have a different Activity Date policy (e.g. some may use check-in date, some may use check-out date), but in general a check-out date of 14 November 2010 should qualify for a hit.
I agree assuming that the hotel frequent guest program will use 11/14/10 as the activity date...I am not aware of any hotel frequent guest program that uses another date for the activity date.

If it was me and I was staying at a hotel that I will be checking out in on the 12th and check out on the 14th, I will do two reservations to be on the safe side. Or if I was checking in on the 11th and checking out on the 15th, I will do multiple reservations to be on the safe side.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Mintman10
I also have some Priority Club points sitting around as a result of the challenge, but I am not sure about transferring them, because those points could possibly prove to be valuable, with Pointsbreaks etc. Am I crazy for thinking this?
I fully agree with your decision! 10k PC points = 2/3 of a night in Paris and the cheapest trashy hotel night in Paris is > $100 (or a lot more), so 2/3 is worth at the very least $67. If you count the Pointbreaker nights, your 10k points are worth a ton more! Just because you got those points for free during Anywhere Challenge doesn't mean they have no value... I think most people here can get a lot more value for the 10k points than $25-30, the cost of a run-of-the-mill hit. Similarly, if you're not elite SPG, IMO it's a complete waste to do a point transfer. (Exceptions to be made for people who absolutely cannot get hits any other way, or those who have millions of hotel points.) It's fascinating to see people blowing valuable points from other programs in their quest to attain the magic # of US hits.

In my case, I'm only going for 30k miles. I already have enough miles with other airlines to last me for the next couple of years and in the meantime I can score more, very cheaply, to replenish the stash. This promotion is an obsession, even for me, and it's easy to get blinded by the potential reward. Not trying to judge anyone, but maybe inject a sense of what you are giving up in your pursuit for the Holy Grail.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:22 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by gt1nick
I'm still waiting for my rental car run at the DCA Hertz to post (done on 10/31). Someone mentioned they post every other Thursday/Friday. At what point should I start calling folks about my miles? Each receipt shows I earned X number of miles...

Also, does anyone know what the exchange rates are for SPG and HH points to DM is? I've got a few Amex MR points I'm looking to throw into either SPG or HH so I can get the hotel transfer points hits
I wouldn't stress over the Hertz posting, if your receipt shows that you will be receiving miles. Sometimes they take a few weeks, but they always come in.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by NewArrival
I just talked to customer service at Network Solutions, and after checking with supervisors, they confirmed that using coupons will disqualify you from getting miles, regardless of what your email receipt says. It's one or the other, coupon or miles. So prepare for a battle...
So how many are we needing to fight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.