Search

Vinesse.com

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2011, 1:08 pm

Just got a posting for purchasing the "Discovering Wine" book:

10/14/2011 10/21/11 VINESSE.COM WINE PURCHASE 100

Ordered 10/12, shipped 10/14.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Mrs. dwcatty got her hit from Vinesse today and I did not, although my order was placed sooner and has arrived while hers has not. So I called Vinesse. It seems they had my points preference set to Choice, as last year in the GS I used a Vinesse order to get (4,000?) Choice points which added to my meager balance I then transferred for a hit.

The CS rep was very cool about it - he could tell I entered Vinesse this year through the US portal, but because my last points related purchase was with Choice my account defaulted to Choice. He manually made a notation in the file, withdrew the points from Choice (which had not yet posted there), and credited them to US. I would expect the hit next Friday.

The guys at Hertz called this a scavenger hunt when I explained the GS to them, and that is what it is. The real question is, are we having fun yet?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold
What can I do if I subscribed vinesse.com

New to the GS game and I am too stupid to notice the T&C. I subscribed Netfix and Vinesse, and now I know if I cancel Vinesse, all the miles I earned will be voided.

Considering Vinesse costs about $60-$70 per month for the subscription, I don't think it is wise to keep it to May, 2012.

I have done 20 hits and do you guys have any ideas to help me?

Thanks so much.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by outthemirror
New to the GS game and I am too stupid to notice the T&C. I subscribed Netfix and Vinesse, and now I know if I cancel Vinesse, all the miles I earned will be voided.

Considering Vinesse costs about $60-$70 per month for the subscription, I don't think it is wise to keep it to May, 2012.

I have done 20 hits and do you guys have any ideas to help me?

Thanks so much.
Two ideas:
1. Call Vinesse to see if you can cancel before they send credit to your US Airways account.
2. Write to US Airways, explain the situation, and see if they will let you cancel the subscription and remove the Vinesse hit from your account.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:30 pm

Vinesse is super quick

Activity date is 10/20/11. 50 miles posted today. Bought Apron and needed to be at home to sign for it.

Last edited by metoo; Oct 21, 2011 at 7:36 pm
Old Oct 21, 2011, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Purchase on the 18th and no points showing as of yet. Time to call Vinesse about this order (again).
Old Oct 21, 2011, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by metoo
Vinesse is super quick

Activity date is 10/20/11. 50 miles posted today. Bought Apron and needed to be at home to sign for it.
Ditto. Purchase date and activity date were Oct 20. Didn't expect this to post until next Friday! (I have no idea if the apron has been delivered as I sent it to a friend in FL.)

Last edited by margarita girl; Oct 22, 2011 at 6:01 am
Old Oct 21, 2011, 8:03 pm

dear FT experts

like everyone else, i am happy my vinesse miles have posted, still I have a concern that it will not count as a hit, as its not a subscription, can anyone confirm a hit?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bobby21
dear FT experts

like everyone else, i am happy my vinesse miles have posted, still I have a concern that it will not count as a hit, as its not a subscription, can anyone confirm a hit?
I'm not happy, my miles didn't post.

If you'll feel more comfortable going for the subscription be my guest. There's plenty of evidence scattered on the pages of this thread, and elsewhere, that any posting from vinesse counts as a hit.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'm not happy, my miles didn't post.
Has your order shipped yet? Seems that Vinesse posting is the first Friday after SHIPPING. You might check to see if your order got backordered.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:23 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by starflyer
Two ideas:
1. Call Vinesse to see if you can cancel before they send credit to your US Airways account.
2. Write to US Airways, explain the situation, and see if they will let you cancel the subscription and remove the Vinesse hit from your account.
Thx for the suggestion. I'll go with 2. They have posted 2000 miles on my account.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bevoinva
Has your order shipped yet? Seems that Vinesse posting is the first Friday after SHIPPING. You might check to see if your order got backordered.
This is a contentious subject. The order was placed Tuesday. On Wednesday, when new items appeared online, I attempted to cancel the order on the phone but was told that was not possible as it was already in motion.... Today it's still not shipped.

Two of three accounts had no problem. This last one is becoming troublesome.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 3:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG plat ambassador
ordered the wine book on 16 OCT, delivered on 20 OCT, points posted on 21 OCT
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Can't Handle all the Business?

Good to see others are experiencing a quick post of points, but I am not doing well with my order made Oct. 13. Rec'd e-mail that it would be shipped the 14th, nothing rec'd to date. (I ordered the $15 wine tasting notebook which was the least expensive item at the time.) Sent an e-mail on Friday, then received message that they don't respond to e-mails, you must call M-F 8-5. Tried calling Monday and person answered who requested I give him my name & number for a return call because they were too busy to talk. I tried calling back later, same thing, tried to give him my number he couldn't hear me and hung up. Called back and a girl answered who had time to talk, although she didn't have a clue what was happening with the order. She tried to ask two supervisors but they were unavailable. Promised she would call back by the end of the day, but of course that didn't happen.

Definitely won't ever purchase wine from this company with the poor customer service. Their web site is very strange. I see less expensive things now, so maybe will try to cancel and order something else.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
My order, the "Favorite Recipes of California Winemakers" book just shipped. Ordered it on 23 Oct.

Great gift idea for the wifey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.