Vinesse.com

Vinesse.com

Content:

1 Shipping & Handling
1 Tax
1 Pairing Wine with Food Book

Total: $9.95
Old Sep 15, 2011, 5:14 pm

Given that Vinesse is listed as a subscription partner, it's too risky for me to try to do a nonsubscription hit.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 5:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by lkar
Given that Vinesse is listed as a subscription partner, it's too risky for me to try to do a nonsubscription hit.
Risky? You don't cancel a subscription by ordering a booklet, do you?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Trackitback is also listed as a subscription but that's not detering anyone from purchasing from them.

I'm in the group with the belief that any order will be sufficient. At 10% (+/-) the cost of wine I'll take the chance and report back.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
welcome to the believers
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
Risky? You don't cancel a subscription by ordering a booklet, do you?
If you're comfortable with it, be my guest.

Last year, Vinesse was difficult about not giving miles for those who did not purchase the wine package. They gave some points quickly to some who purchased the wine guide, but then started getting difficult. They ultimately relented after many harrassed them by e-mail and asked US to intervene, because the landing page from the US site said that "accessories" or something like that would get miles. They've changed the language this year and it says you get 4 miles for each "additional" $1, which is pretty clearly intended to be "additional" to the wine package.

So, you may not even get a hit at all. But if you do, the subscription penalty is too severe for me. If Vinesse gives you a hit for a wine guide and then reports to the US in March that you're not a "subscriber," whatever the heck that means, and you feel like you'll prevail, be my guest. Everyone has different levels of risk they are comfortable with.

Personally, I've decided I'm either going to buy the wine package or I'm going to pass on Vinesse. To each his own.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Trackitback is also listed as a subscription but that's not detering anyone from purchasing from them.

I'm in the group with the belief that any order will be sufficient. At 10% (+/-) the cost of wine I'll take the chance and report back.
Great. Good luck. I'm not sure what good reporting back will do, since it stays risky until March.

One difference, though, is that you have to be a bit sneaky to get miles for a non-wineclub purchase through Vinesse to get miles. As I understand it, you have to add the package to your cart, then add the guide or other cheap option, then delete the club. Maybe there's another way, but that's how people gamed it last year and that's the only way I can find to do it this year. (Edit -- I see it's easier this year.) There does not appear to be anything on the web site, or on US's page, that says a non-club purchase counts for miles, and the subscription language is pretty clearly designed to prevent exactly that.

I think trackitback is, in comparison, just a mistake. They shouldn't have been added to the subscription stuff and are unlike all the others which are definitely a subscription, and there's no doubt that when you log on to their web site you are absolutely entitled to earn miles for the $19 (or whatever) item. The US site and the Vinesse site talk about getting miles for a wine club, and the USAirways T&C are, to my reading, broad enough that you're definitely at risk if you've taken a hit from Vinesse and are not a subscriber in March 2012.

I very sincerely hope I will never say "I told you so," but be absolutely certain that I will if it comes to it. Ultimately, it doesn't matter to me what people choose, but I do think it's important that it's an informed choice, since this is a new thread that is separate from the other thread talking about the risk of the subscription partners.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Great. Good luck. I'm not sure what good reporting back will do, since it stays risky until March.

One difference, though, is that you have to be a bit sneaky to get miles for a non-wineclub purchase through Vinesse to get miles. As I understand it, you have to add the package to your cart, then add the guide or other cheap option, then delete the club. Maybe there's another way, but that's how people gamed it last year and that's the only way I can find to do it this year. (Edit -- I see it's easier this year.) There does not appear to be anything on the web site, or on US's page, that says a non-club purchase counts for miles, and the subscription language is pretty clearly designed to prevent exactly that.

I think trackitback is, in comparison, just a mistake. They shouldn't have been added to the subscription stuff and are unlike all the others which are definitely a subscription, and there's no doubt that when you log on to their web site you are absolutely entitled to earn miles for the $19 (or whatever) item. The US site and the Vinesse site talk about getting miles for a wine club, and the USAirways T&C are, to my reading, broad enough that you're definitely at risk if you've taken a hit from Vinesse and are not a subscriber in March 2012.

I very sincerely hope I will never say "I told you so," but be absolutely certain that I will if it comes to it. Ultimately, it doesn't matter to me what people choose, but I do think it's important that it's an informed choice, since this is a new thread that is separate from the other thread talking about the risk of the subscription partners.
I understand your position but as I never subscribed to a service, merely ordered something, either I get the hit or I don't. The T&C's specifically said cancellation before May 14 would result in full forfeiture, there's nothing for me to cancel.

I also believe that the wording of the site is such that bonus miles are strictly for subscriptions, but miles are accrued for other purchases.

We shall see. Upon checkout I was asked for me DM# so time will tell.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I understand your position but as I never subscribed to a service, merely ordered something, either I get the hit or I don't. The T&C's specifically said cancellation before May 14 would result in full forfeiture, there's nothing for me to cancel.

I also believe that the wording of the site is such that bonus miles are strictly for subscriptions, but miles are accrued for other purchases.

We shall see. Upon checkout I was asked for me DM# so time will tell.
You'll probably be ok, though may need to fight for the miles. If I'm stuck on 35 hits next month, I might change my position.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
I think it is much easier for US to wirte more clearly what's a hit and whats a fail.

In my opinion:
if you get miles from vinesse (others than from subscription) you get miles - but there is no hit.

And if there is no hit - there is nothing to fear for
Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by maxbluebrosche
I think it is much easier for US to wirte more clearly what's a hit and whats a fail.

In my opinion:
if you get miles from vinesse (others than from subscription) you get miles - but there is no hit.

And if there is no hit - there is nothing to fear for
They are probably gambling on the side of you getting the wine subscription as thats the more profitable option. If they say you can get other non-package items, everyone will do just that and they won't profit as much.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
i read it as you need to buy a wine product(not the book etc) but dont need the subscription to get a hit
Old Oct 6, 2011, 4:01 pm

Terms and Conditions

This is actually from the Vinesse's terms and conditions on the landing page from the US Airways website. Do you think this hit requires a time machine?

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:Offer void where prohibited. Members will receive 2,000 Dividend Bonus Miles upon initial sign-up as well as 5 bonus miles per every dollar spent on wine purchased through this program. For bonus miles to be awarded, member must provide their valid Dividend Miles account number at the time of purchase. The wine club enrollment bonus miles will be credited only after completion of first paid shipment. Bonus miles will not be awarded on any returned or credited shipments. Please allow up to 8 weeks from the date of product shipment for bonus miles to be posted to your account. Enrollment bonus miles not valid on gift memberships. Must be an active member for at least 21 days to receive enrollment bonus miles. Only one enrollment bonus per household. Enrollment must be between 10/1/2009 and 12/31/2009.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 9:08 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
Wink

does this mean i need to get the delorean out of the garage to get the hit?
Old Oct 7, 2011, 4:51 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
Originally Posted by beachbrew
does this mean i need to get the delorean out of the garage to get the hit?
Yes Marty ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.