FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vinesse.com
Thread: Vinesse.com
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:15 pm
lkar

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Trackitback is also listed as a subscription but that's not detering anyone from purchasing from them.

I'm in the group with the belief that any order will be sufficient. At 10% (+/-) the cost of wine I'll take the chance and report back.
Great. Good luck. I'm not sure what good reporting back will do, since it stays risky until March.

One difference, though, is that you have to be a bit sneaky to get miles for a non-wineclub purchase through Vinesse to get miles. As I understand it, you have to add the package to your cart, then add the guide or other cheap option, then delete the club. Maybe there's another way, but that's how people gamed it last year and that's the only way I can find to do it this year. (Edit -- I see it's easier this year.) There does not appear to be anything on the web site, or on US's page, that says a non-club purchase counts for miles, and the subscription language is pretty clearly designed to prevent exactly that.

I think trackitback is, in comparison, just a mistake. They shouldn't have been added to the subscription stuff and are unlike all the others which are definitely a subscription, and there's no doubt that when you log on to their web site you are absolutely entitled to earn miles for the $19 (or whatever) item. The US site and the Vinesse site talk about getting miles for a wine club, and the USAirways T&C are, to my reading, broad enough that you're definitely at risk if you've taken a hit from Vinesse and are not a subscriber in March 2012.

I very sincerely hope I will never say "I told you so," but be absolutely certain that I will if it comes to it. Ultimately, it doesn't matter to me what people choose, but I do think it's important that it's an informed choice, since this is a new thread that is separate from the other thread talking about the risk of the subscription partners.