Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

General GS Discussions -- Post all "minor league" topics here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General GS Discussions -- Post all "minor league" topics here!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2011, 3:04 pm

question

I have an interesting question. I purchase a couple of things for the gs from different partners, that I figured that I may have a use for. I bought the stuff on amex and chase sapphire. Now, my wife thinks some of the stuff needs to get out of the house and she calls it all "crap"! (i understand her...). So, I was wondering, if i return it to Amex and chase via the "90 days return protection" (they both have it), and I get refunded by them (its after 30 days since I ordered some stuff), would that have any chances of getting back to the partners and me loosing my US miles and hits (besides of course the few points with MR or UR)? It doesnt make sence to me that amex or chase would "report" it to them as returned or it to them, but I definetly dont want to mess up my hits..
Old Oct 19, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, US Airways, HHonors, Priority Club, Marriott
I got the exact same email, from the exact same person. They are now "looking into it." I have a screenshot as well..just in case.

Originally Posted by craz
Thanks but the 1st item on the Left side of the linked page is 'Domain Name' 3 yrs @ $28.99 a year. No where even by the * does it say no codes allowed and you must pay the Full $28.99 a year in order to get teh Miles.

If they give the Miles then Definitely Im Disputing the charge with my CC , since I have a screen shot of NSs page that states after you click Submitt below NS will credit your USAirways acct# xxxxxxxxxxxx for 2000 Miles. But Id rather have them credit me the Miles and thusly a Hit
Old Oct 19, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, US Airways, HHonors, Priority Club, Marriott
I just received an email stating that NetSol WOULD NOT refund.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by moebod
I have an interesting question. I purchase a couple of things for the gs from different partners, that I figured that I may have a use for. I bought the stuff on amex and chase sapphire. Now, my wife thinks some of the stuff needs to get out of the house and she calls it all "crap"! (i understand her...). So, I was wondering, if i return it to Amex and chase via the "90 days return protection" (they both have it), and I get refunded by them (its after 30 days since I ordered some stuff), would that have any chances of getting back to the partners and me loosing my US miles and hits (besides of course the few points with MR or UR)? It doesnt make sence to me that amex or chase would "report" it to them as returned or it to them, but I definetly dont want to mess up my hits..
Last December I made a purchase from JCPenney through the Aadvantage shopping mall. I returned it after deciding it was too big for the intended recipient and bought something else in the store. Aadvantage took away the miles awarded from the shopping mall a couple weeks after they posted in a separate transaction.

I don't know the details of your transaction, but Dividend Miles could later reverse the miles awarded and your hit. It's up to you whether you are willing to take that chance. If the Grand Slam hit was worth it to you, I would just quietly take the unwanted items to Good Will.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:09 pm

Do you have to activate your Network Solutions e-mail to get the hit?

I signed up for the 2-year e-mail account (not the 3-year domain, but the 2-year e-mail apparently IS one of the hit-earning transactions, both according to the US Airways website and the NetSol website), but I am having tons of trouble activating the e-mail account (though it is already paid for and everything). Does anyone know if this is required? (Seems like most people went for the domain registration.) I will obviously call them tomorrow, but it is hard for me to place personal calls during the business day. Thanks in advance.

Of course, I realize I probably won't get this hit, seeing as how I signed up for this yesterday, but I figured it is worth asking if I actually need to activate the e-mail address that I paid for. Thanks!

Last edited by dado55; Oct 19, 2011 at 9:15 pm
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:46 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by dado55
Of course, I realize I probably won't get this hit, seeing as how I signed up for this yesterday, but I figured it is worth asking if I actually need to activate the e-mail address that I paid for. Thanks!
Why wouldn't you get the hit? It goes by activity date and not posting date.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by bevoinva
Why wouldn't you get the hit? It goes by activity date and not posting date.
The faulty belief was based upon an obvious lack of time spent reading all the info that has been accumulated here.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:00 am

dsquared, whose faulty belief are you referring to? I could not tell from your post. If you are referring to mine, I am under the impression that NetSol transactions are posting in the 2nd month following the transaction (so, December for October transactions).
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Netsol does post in the second month following the transaction but the activity date will still be the date that you sign up thus counting as a hit.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
dsquared, whose faulty belief are you referring to? I could not tell from your post. If you are referring to mine, I am under the impression that NetSol transactions are posting in the 2nd month following the transaction (so, December for October transactions).
The posting date is irrelevant so long as it appears in your account on or before March 14 (?) 2012. The only thing that counts is the activity date which needs to be Nov 14 2011 or before.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:07 am

Okay, but the FAQ for the Grand Slam (shopping.usairways.com/en-US/FAQs/grandslamfaqs.html) says that the "eligible activity date" is when the partner records the transaction date.

I guess I'm confused then. Why is everyone worried about whether stuff will be posted by the partners by Nov 14th if that doesn't actually matter?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:09 am

I guess I'm confused then. Why is everyone worried about whether stuff will be posted by the partners by Nov 14th if that doesn't actually matter?
Certainty -- so people can do an extra hit or two if needed, if there's a question mark when the window is closing.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:25 am

Not trying to be dense, but if you know your activity occurred before the Nov 14th date, and it wasn't a credit card transaction or something more ambiguous (I'm referring to the billing cycle that the FAQ) addresses, I still don't get why it matters. I guess you're saying even if you *know* you placed the order, the company might not credit it properly, and apply a later transaction date (as in the case of Office Max)? So having the miles post before Nov 14 assures you for certain of how many hits you have?

I just want to be sure I can do things (like go out of town on Veterans Day weekend - that's Nov 11-13) and still get credit. Based on how many people seem to be worried about posting, combined with what I think is some ambiguity on US Airways' part, I just am not quite sure what to think.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by belgirl
I just received an email stating that NetSol WOULD NOT refund.
I never expected NS to issue a Refund

No one thought that answering the trivia questions would count with AR, I got lucky that my show was CXed so a refund was issued after calling up. My pt is I doubt that I would have gotten a refund if I purchased a tkt and then wanted to CX it.

With other vendors such as Vinese we also thought we needed to buy the wine. Thusly until NS actually is suppose to post, I wont be taking any action. Once its reported NS has posted and mine didnt Id give it another day or so B4 calling NS if turned down, then I will dispute it with my CC

Its always a good thing to bag at least 1 addtional Hit as a safety net. It would be a shame to do 36 hits and end up with 35
Old Oct 20, 2011, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by craz
I never expected NS to issue a Refund
To repeat what I posted some time back: I did get a refund from NetSol, although that was for a domain registration that I canceled within 24 hours of the transaction. It wouldn't surprise me at all, though, if they refused to refund for purchases made weeks earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.