Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

General GS Discussions -- Post all "minor league" topics here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General GS Discussions -- Post all "minor league" topics here!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2011, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by beltway
To repeat what I posted some time back: I did get a refund from NetSol, although that was for a domain registration that I canceled within 24 hours of the transaction. It wouldn't surprise me at all, though, if they refused to refund for purchases made weeks earlier.
your refund was a very isolated case that I wouldnt rely on. it was done within 24 hrs and didnt you purcahse the 3 yr deal to replace that? did you 1st purchase teh 3 yrs or get the refund for the 1 yr?

most who purchased the 3 yr deal wont be purchasing anything else (I wont be) and it will be weeks since having purchased the 3 yr deal, I will be requesting only the Miles promised of cause if denied I will ask for a refund which I expect them to decline one. Then I will Dispute the charge with my CC and hope they will issue a refund, could be they wont either
Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by craz
it was done within 24 hrs and didnt you purcahse the 3 yr deal to replace that? did you 1st purchase teh 3 yrs or get the refund for the 1 yr?
Refund was for the 1-year deal. (Purchased because I relied on their b0rken website, which told me I'd get miles for it; cxl'd because when I played around a bit, it seemed I would not get miles, which the phone CSRs confirmed.)

No, I did not then do the 3-year deal. It's arguably worth it if you get 2,000 miles, but between the grave uncertainty about that (vs. only 1000 miles) and the question about whether using the 70%-off coupon bars any miles, I decided to stick with more reliable hits like car rentals.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by beltway
Refund was for the 1-year deal. (Purchased because I relied on their b0rken website, which told me I'd get miles for it; cxl'd because when I played around a bit, it seemed I would not get miles, which the phone CSRs confirmed.)

No, I did not then do the 3-year deal. It's arguably worth it if you get 2,000 miles, but between the grave uncertainty about that (vs. only 1000 miles) and the question about whether using the 70%-off coupon bars any miles, I decided to stick with more reliable hits like car rentals.
OK but still a different case from those of us who went for the 3 yr deal where not only did it say 2000 miles but also mentioned it later on as well. heck as long as they give me 1 mile Id be happy since it would count as a Hit, but wouldnt mind getting the other 1999 as well
Old Oct 21, 2011, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
OK but still a different case from those of us who went for the 3 yr deal where not only did it say 2000 miles but also mentioned it later on as well. heck as long as they give me 1 mile Id be happy since it would count as a Hit, but wouldnt mind getting the other 1999 as well
And repeated in the confirmation email thereafter.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 9:56 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, US Airways, HHonors, Priority Club, Marriott
Oh I didn't either. I just told them that to sound tough..lol..anyhoo...

They then sent me the cliche email of "miles will post in 6-8 weeks."

I looked through last years thread and here are some of the posting dates:

9/22/2010 11/01/10 NETWORK SOLUTIONS BONUS 1,000
9/30/2010 11/01/10 NETWORK SOLUTIONS BONUS 1,000

So it seems as if you made a purchase at Network Solutions in September, it posted on November 1st; October purchases will be posted on December 1st etc. etc.
Some used the coupon and did indeed have miles posted. But some other people had issues with using the coupon and getting miles:

"I just talked to customer service at Network Solutions, and after checking with supervisors, they confirmed that using coupons will disqualify you from getting miles, regardless of what your email receipt says. It's one or the other, coupon or miles. So prepare for a battle..." (from 2010 Grand Slam)

So I would say, if the miles don't post for me on Nov 1st, I will do another quick hit and chalk NetSol up to a foul ball.

I never expected NS to issue a Refund

No one thought that answering the trivia questions would count with AR, I got lucky that my show was CXed so a refund was issued after calling up. My pt is I doubt that I would have gotten a refund if I purchased a tkt and then wanted to CX it.

With other vendors such as Vinese we also thought we needed to buy the wine. Thusly until NS actually is suppose to post, I wont be taking any action. Once its reported NS has posted and mine didnt Id give it another day or so B4 calling NS if turned down, then I will dispute it with my CC

Its always a good thing to bag at least 1 addtional Hit as a safety net. It would be a shame to do 36 hits and end up with 35

Last edited by belgirl; Oct 21, 2011 at 11:31 am
Old Oct 21, 2011, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by belgirl

So it seems as if you made a purchase at Network Solutions in September, it posted on November 1st; October purchases will be posted on December 1st etc. etc.
Some used the coupon and did indeed have miles posted. But some other people had issues with using the coupon and getting miles:

"I just talked to customer service at Network Solutions, and after checking with supervisors, they confirmed that using coupons will disqualify you from getting miles, regardless of what your email receipt says. It's one or the other, coupon or miles. So prepare for a battle..." (from 2010 Grand Slam)

So I would say, if the miles don't post for me on Nov 1st, I will do another quick hit and chalk NetSol up to a foul ball.
If using a coupon invalidates mileage deposition, regardless of what the email says, I can assure you my CC will be getting involved very quickly.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by belgirl

Well..... Network Solutions post on the first Monday of every month, so I wouldn't expect any miles until November 7th. And please note that nobody has claimed that they didn't receive the miles last year. I strongly believe that anyone active on FT would let us know.

Last edited by cvarming; Oct 21, 2011 at 8:23 pm
Old Oct 21, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Does anyone know of a situation last year where someone ultimately didn't get miles when using the coupon (not just rumor or from somebody talking to someone at Netsol over the phone etc...)? Wouldn't you think if that was really a bug in the system last year, it would have been fixed by this time?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by bevoinva
Does anyone know of a situation last year where someone ultimately didn't get miles when using the coupon (not just rumor or from somebody talking to someone at Netsol over the phone etc...)? Wouldn't you think if that was really a bug in the system last year, it would have been fixed by this time?
Such "bug" only gets fixed when enough people complain, or the system is changed due to other reasons. Surely nobody would complain about receiving miles.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, US Airways, HHonors, Priority Club, Marriott
Originally Posted by cvarming
Well..... Network Solutions post on the first Monday of every month, so I wouldn't expect any miles until November 7th. And please note that nobody has claimed that they didn't receive the miles last year. I strongly believe that anyone active on FT would let us know.
Oh yes, you are right about posting...my bad. I found this post for the Grand Slam 2010:

"My Network Solution has posted as well, 3 year domain name for 2000 miles ($20.xx with coupon code mentioned in this thread). But I don't need this hit now."
So we shall see...

Last edited by belgirl; Oct 22, 2011 at 1:10 pm
Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by birdseye
Last December I made a purchase from JCPenney through the Aadvantage shopping mall. I returned it after deciding it was too big for the intended recipient and bought something else in the store. Aadvantage took away the miles awarded from the shopping mall a couple weeks after they posted in a separate transaction.

I don't know the details of your transaction, but Dividend Miles could later reverse the miles awarded and your hit. It's up to you whether you are willing to take that chance. If the Grand Slam hit was worth it to you, I would just quietly take the unwanted items to Good Will.
Did you return to merchant directly? Because I am refering to doing a claim with the Credit Card co.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 9:11 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
So I'm already having withdrawal symptoms.

Do any of the other airlines run a similar promotion? I'm ready to go...!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.