Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

General GS Discussions -- Post all "minor league" topics here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General GS Discussions -- Post all "minor league" topics here!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by HikerT
Did it actually replace your account number with xxxxxxx? If so it would be clear the US prefix was not considered part of the number. If not, how would you really know it's going to be credited to the proper account (without the prefix)?
The email confirmation I received had my real DM account number. I just didn't want to post the real number here, so I substituted "xxxxxxx" for my number.

However, it's obvious that posters here are still reporting varying results.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:12 am

Network Solutions

Unless I'm missing something why not do the .asia domain name for $19.99/year. For those not actually using the domain name.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by virtuo0
It is in the email, but not easy to spot it. Search the email using Ctrl+F for 2000 and you will see it.
Did exactly as you suggested, no such confirmation for me in the email, only on the checkout page which stated my dividend mile # that will be credited with 2K DMs, I took a screenshot of that so will follow up with Network Solutions/US Airways if I don't get the miles/hit.

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ngupta
Did anyone try Network Solutions towards GS hit?
Good idea. Too bad that we can't have a dedicated thread just for this specific hit. @:-)Certainly would make the forum more user-friendly.^
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:34 am

I know US offered a discount on Club Membership in the 2010 GS, but did they do so in previous years as well?

At half price, I would pop on it... but not at full price.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:39 am

Register a new domain name, decline extra services like privacy and hosting, select 3 year registration, enter code SAVE70DAF in the shopping cart, and the price changes to $26.09 ($8.69/yr).
As I note in the Other Partners thread, if you move the slider from 3 years to 1 year, the price drops to $17.50, allegedly still earning 2000 miles. Anyone else seeing that?

UPDATE: 1-year subs will not earn miles. See followup post below.

Last edited by beltway; Sep 21, 2011 at 10:50 am
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Register a new domain name, decline extra services like privacy

and hosting, select 3 year registration, enter code SAVE70DAF in

the shopping cart, and the price changes to $26.09 ($8.69/yr).
I couldn't get coupon code SAVE70DAF to work, also saw SAVE70DAV posted upstream and tried WEBSITE1AF, that I googled.
Anyone have better codes that might work now?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:45 am

Smile

Originally Posted by beltway
As I note in the Other Partners thread, if you move the slider from 3 years to 1 year, the price drops to $17.50, allegedly still earning 2000 miles. Anyone else seeing that?
I finally was able to get the promo code SAVE70DAF to work by using the slider down to 1 year! thanks beltway
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by worldtraveller2
I finally was able to get the promo code SAVE70DAF to work by using the slider down to 1 year! thanks beltway
Bad news. Just rechecked: If you refresh the page, it says that lowering the term from 3 years means no miles.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:54 am

Bad news. Just rechecked: If you refresh the page, it says that lowering the term from 3 years means no miles.
bummer

O well, at least a hit is a hit is a hit!

so 1 hit no 2000 points
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:03 am

Note that to get a hit, you must earn miles. So no 2000 miles, no hit.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:03 am

bummer

O well, at least a hit is a hit is a hit!

so 1 hit no 2000 points
SO NOW IT READS:

Warning: Changing the term of this purchase will disqualify you from earning 2,000 bonus miles on US AirwaysDividend Miles®

In order to receive bonus miles , please change your selection to a 3Year term, and click the 'Recalculate' button.

Otherwise, click the 'Proceed to Purchase' button to continue with your order.

LITERALLY THAT WAS NOT THERE LESS THAN 5 minutes ago when I placed my order. grrrr!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by alanh
Note that to get a hit, you must earn miles. So no 2000 miles, no hit.
I had to call, but they switched it from 1 year to 3 year service agreement witht he 2000 miles! whew! finally a hit! thanks for the heads up, I would have just asummed I would have gotten the points with a purchase thru them.@:-)
Old Sep 21, 2011, 1:40 pm

I had to call, but they switched it from 1 year to 3 year service agreement witht he 2000 miles! whew! finally a hit! thanks for the heads up, I would have just asummed I would have gotten the points with a purchase thru them.@:-)
When I am logged on through the US Toolbar and went to NetSol, there was a brief flash message indicating that you will earn 11 miles for every dollar spent, so if you don't care for the extra bonus miles then even .org reg for $11.99 should work and and post 121 ($11X11 miles) miles?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TorontoSingh
When I am logged on through the US Toolbar and went to NetSol, there was a brief flash message indicating that you will earn 11 miles for every dollar spent, so if you don't care for the extra bonus miles then even .org reg for $11.99 should work and and post 121 ($11X11 miles) miles?
I thought the miles would be coming from DM Mall and not the Vendor. If its from DM then no Hit from NetSo , if its from NetSo then a Hit from NetSo but not DM, so that would mean the only way to get a DM Hit would be if you order something from a Vendor that doesnt earn miles going via DM

guess time will tell, I had a couple of hotel stays that earned besides teh 250 for the stay 2 Miles per $1, but theres a CD I want that is coming out early Nov so I when a $10 GC arrives I will order it via DM Mall to cover myself

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.