E-Rewards and E-Miles [GS 2011 master thread]

Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:58 am
  #616  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by davidwu
We are all on the same boat, fortunately I have one rental pending for backup as #36
I only have one backup! so good thing, but I hope my other two that have not posted work out! Net Soln and Wyndam transfer are what I am waiting on to get me to 24.
worldtraveller2 is offline  
Old Nov 17, 2011, 1:23 pm
  #617  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RDU, SEA, YVR
Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Posts: 374
Originally Posted by worldtraveller2
I only have one backup! so good thing, but I hope my other two that have not posted work out! Net Soln and Wyndam transfer are what I am waiting on to get me to 24.
In my experience Wyndham always seems to record the activity date as the date the transfer was initiated.
via amtrak is offline  
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:24 pm
  #618  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by via amtrak
In my experience Wyndham always seems to record the activity date as the date the transfer was initiated.
I hope so!
worldtraveller2 is offline  
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:26 pm
  #619  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Posts: 223
Answer from e-rewards

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Excellent. Now, rather than the rest of us flooding them with e-mails, let's all wait and see what they say!

(It was worth a try.)
Ok, so here is my email response that I received today from E-REWARDS:

Hello Worldtraveller2,
I apologize for any inconvenience. The miles are sent for fulfillment on the redemption date and is done by the airline, we cannot guarantee when the miles are to be credited to your frequent flyer account. Should you have any further questions, please contact us.
Sincerely,
Martin
e-Rewards Member Services

my bold and underline emphysis.
worldtraveller2 is offline  
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:35 pm
  #620  
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Posts: 5,396
Originally Posted by worldtraveller2
The miles are sent for fulfillment on the redemption date and is done by the airline, we cannot guarantee when the miles are to be credited to your frequent flyer account.
Now we all know that's not true.

What's your plan - waiting for DM to respond or escalating above "Martin" ?
MDtR-Chicago is offline  
Old Nov 17, 2011, 8:37 pm
  #621  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 370
I know that e-Rewards is invite only. Anyway that I can make sure I get an invite from US Airways? Do you have to be targeted or can someone else forward their invite to you.

Also, if I already have an e-Rewards profile, how do I get the option of having US Airways as one of the partners I can transfer to?
Campath is offline  
Old Nov 20, 2011, 9:06 pm
  #622  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MYR
Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
Posts: 454
Originally Posted by Campath
I know that e-Rewards is invite only. Anyway that I can make sure I get an invite from US Airways? Do you have to be targeted or can someone else forward their invite to you.

Also, if I already have an e-Rewards profile, how do I get the option of having US Airways as one of the partners I can transfer to?
It has to be targeted to get one from us. Make sure you have checked to recieve emails in your profile, and be careful as they seem to come as "by invite only" or something similar in the subject.

If you already have e-rewards, us will show-up in your reward redemptions window, or on the left hand margin. If it doesn't unfortunatly they are not partners on that specific one.
beachbrew is offline  
Old Nov 20, 2011, 9:53 pm
  #623  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PHX
Posts: 3,796
I don't know what the criteria for being invited is. Best you can do is make sure your e-mail preferences allow them spamming you. Also, if you never seem to get any e-mail, you might try a different e-mail address. I never got marketing messages (like the GS scorecards) at my main address. Once I added a Gmail address as an alternate, I started getting them there.

Generally, competitors to the inviter are not available as redemption options. So if you were invited by another airline, you aren't going to get DM. Hotels, though, usually do. I signed up from a Hilton invite. It allows redemptions on a lot of airlines, but Hilton is the only hotel.
alanh is offline  
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:21 pm
  #624  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sydney
Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Posts: 446
Originally Posted by alanh
I don't know what the criteria for being invited is. Best you can do is make sure your e-mail preferences allow them spamming you. Also, if you never seem to get any e-mail, you might try a different e-mail address. I never got marketing messages (like the GS scorecards) at my main address. Once I added a Gmail address as an alternate, I started getting them there.

Generally, competitors to the inviter are not available as redemption options. So if you were invited by another airline, you aren't going to get DM. Hotels, though, usually do. I signed up from a Hilton invite. It allows redemptions on a lot of airlines, but Hilton is the only hotel.
Still waiting for mine, in our family we have 4 people all with very similar profile info but 1/4 got an invite, I for one can't explain why that 1 got an invite.
burmans is offline  
Old Nov 22, 2011, 6:33 pm
  #625  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 134
It seems emiles posts during the first week of a month with correct activity date. Has anyone experienced differently?
samhoq is offline  
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:40 am
  #626  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sydney
Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Posts: 446
Originally Posted by samhoq
It seems emiles posts during the first week of a month with correct activity date. Has anyone experienced differently?
That was my experience too.
burmans is offline  
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:27 pm
  #627  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: STL
Programs: US Silver, AA Gold
Posts: 509
Since the sweep just hit, I can say that the 11/15 activity date for e-rewards counts. Everybody who just signed up and got the 250 mile bonus should be safe for a hit.
gwar69 is offline  
Old Nov 24, 2011, 4:27 am
  #628  
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Posts: 5,396
Originally Posted by gwar69
Since the sweep just hit, I can say that the 11/15 activity date for e-rewards counts. Everybody who just signed up and got the 250 mile bonus should be safe for a hit.
This is a possibility but it's also possible that whatever was giving some people a phantom double hit could also be at play...
MDtR-Chicago is offline  
Old Nov 24, 2011, 6:22 am
  #629  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sydney
Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Posts: 446
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
This is a possibility but it's also possible that whatever was giving some people a phantom double hit could also be at play...
While we may not be able to explain the reason computers do actually behave mostly predictably so I wouldn't be betting on it. The fact we can't explain this reason doesn't mean there isn't one.
burmans is offline  
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:45 am
  #630  
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Posts: 5,396
Originally Posted by burmans
While we may not be able to explain the reason computers do actually behave mostly predictably so I wouldn't be betting on it. The fact we can't explain this reason doesn't mean there isn't one.
Your entire post could be taken as evidence for either explanation.
MDtR-Chicago is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.