E-Rewards and E-Miles [GS 2011 master thread]

Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:04 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, AS, SW, BA, AAA, AmEX Gold. SPG,Marriott, HHonors
Originally Posted by amolkold
Nope, any amount of miles from E-Rewards should trigger a hit. Most people transfer 500 miles because that's the normal amount to transfer after doing $25 worth of survey.

Others can transfer less since they get an invite and a promotion to transfer 250 miles upon completing one survey.
Who is the moderator here? The 1st page of this thread says you need $25 to get the 500 miles necessary for a hit. I'm at 24 hits and got an e-mail today from e-rewards saying they were going to post 250 DM miles in the next 4-8 weeks and don't consider this a hit from the info I've been working with.???

Last edited by dapet; Nov 12, 2011 at 1:01 am
Old Nov 12, 2011, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by dapet
Who is the moderator here? The 1st page of this thread says you need $25 to get the 500 miles necessary for a hit. I'm at 24 hits and got an e-mail today from e-rewards saying they were going to post 250 DM miles in the next 4-8 weeks and don't consider this a hit from the info I've been working with.???

Why do you need a moderator?

The lowest allowable transfer out of e-rewards is $25 for 500 miles. However, and this is something that you should take into account, many people have received an invite with the additional proviso that after completing X amount of surveys said member will receive Y amount of miles into their US DM account. This in itself would trigger a hit.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 6:49 am

anyone know what activity date the erewards initial bonus posts as?
e.g. if you achieve no of surveys nec to get the bonus 250miles today-will the bonus post as today??
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:29 am

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by arranwallace
anyone know what activity date the erewards initial bonus posts as?
e.g. if you achieve no of surveys nec to get the bonus 250miles today-will the bonus post as today??
Not sure yet, but I can tell you that I got the email from Erewards saying that I had fulfilled the deal by completing my one survey and the miles would be in my USAirways account in 6-8 weeks a few hours after I completed the survey. I am hoping that, even if the activity date is bad, with the email from them I could get it fixed up later if needed.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, AS, SW, BA, AAA, AmEX Gold. SPG,Marriott, HHonors
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Why do you need a moderator?

The lowest allowable transfer out of e-rewards is $25 for 500 miles. However, and this is something that you should take into account, many people have received an invite with the additional proviso that after completing X amount of surveys said member will receive Y amount of miles into their US DM account. This in itself would trigger a hit.
Thank you for clarifying it for me.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:15 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
If we had a betting pool going, my wager would be on the next posting date of Tuesday, with an activity date of Monday, for anyone who redeems by Monday.

But that's just a guess, based on posting patterns in the past.

It's almost as likely they will post on Wednesday with an activity date of Tuesday.

(I have my confirmation and I'm ready to fight right alongside the rest of you!)
Old Nov 12, 2011, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kyle2123
Not sure yet, but I can tell you that I got the email from Erewards saying that I had fulfilled the deal by completing my one survey and the miles would be in my USAirways account in 6-8 weeks a few hours after I completed the survey. I am hoping that, even if the activity date is bad, with the email from them I could get it fixed up later if needed.
I got the same offer and email after completing a survey. I hope it counts for a hit!
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
anyone have any experience from last year having to fight with US for activities date lags?

I will have 2 that will post with an act date > 11/14, yet the completed date was before... so I am kind of being stressed on this. Plus the choice privilege transfer that might count as a hotel stay instead of a transfer....
Old Nov 13, 2011, 7:59 am

i also got the 250 bonus mile after first survey email. as of yet, i've only been offered "quick surveys" and "earn now" opportunities. no straightup "surveys." does anyone know if this will count? i'm at my goal of 16 hits if so, if not i have to spend $37.63 on buying miles, which is a huge increase in cost (i've spent $77 so far).

thanks for helping out the procrastinating newbie
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:57 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by esquish
does anyone know if this will count? i'm at my goal of 16 hits if so, if not i have to spend $37.63 on buying miles, which is a huge increase in cost (i've spent $77 so far).
I'm not sure but e-Rewards will send you a confirmation e-mail when that automatic bonus is recognized. No e-mail, no bonus. I think the e-mail arrives rather quickly (day or two?)

Also, there should be cheaper options available for a 16th hit than buying miles. There is a general "help me" thread; you could post your situation there and get specific feedback.

General help thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2011-...lam-promo.html
Old Nov 13, 2011, 12:30 pm

i didn't get an email so i'm guessing i'm SOL then. i'm just worried about another post not processing until too late, since it's getting quite last minute. that's why i was going to just buy miles.

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I'm not sure but e-Rewards will send you a confirmation e-mail when that automatic bonus is recognized. No e-mail, no bonus. I think the e-mail arrives rather quickly (day or two?)

Also, there should be cheaper options available for a 16th hit than buying miles. There is a general "help me" thread; you could post your situation there and get specific feedback.

General help thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2011-...lam-promo.html
Old Nov 13, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
For those of you who have only recently signed up for e-Rewards and who are hoping to take advantage of the 250/500 mile bonus signup promotion, here is how you can tell if the transfer happened/is happening:

In e-Rewards, click on "My Account", then "Review Account Statement". Change the dropdown on the far right from "All Types" to "Redemption", and click "Go". It should show whether a mileage redemption has been requested (either automatically as a result of a signup bonus or because you hit $25 in e-rewards currency and requested it).

It should show something like this:

Code:
As of		Description			Amount	ID#
10/06/2011	500 US Airways Dividend Miles	$0.00
If it shows, you're fine. If not, you may wish to be concerned. If the amount is listed as $0.00 it means the mileage transfer was the result of the signup bonus. If it shows $25.00 it's because you specifically requested a transfer.

Finally, just because it shows a date (in this case 10/06), that's almost certainly not the date that it will show up on your US account. In my case, the lag was about a week. So don't freak out if e-Rewards reports a pending/complete transfer and you don't see it in the "Your Miles" part of the US website.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by esquish
i didn't get an email so i'm guessing i'm SOL then. i'm just worried about another post not processing until too late, since it's getting quite last minute. that's why i was going to just buy miles.
None of the 4 other accounts I manage got the email confirmation after I complete the first 2 surveys that were available on the first day of sign-up. I am wondering if you need to complete a full version survey after that 2 mini surveys to qualify?

Last edited by TorontoSingh; Nov 13, 2011 at 5:09 pm
Old Nov 13, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: aa
You need to take a proper survey. The quick surveys are just questions which determine if you qualify for a proper survey.

Even if you get disqualified from a proper survey, you can find the 250 mile bonus offer in the us airways rewards section. But this will appear only after you have taken a proper survey.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by sun_aa
You need to take a proper survey. The quick surveys are just questions which determine if you qualify for a proper survey.

Even if you get disqualified from a proper survey, you can find the 250 mile bonus offer in the us airways rewards section. But this will appear only after you have taken a proper survey.
How long did it take after you completed the first proper (official) survey before you received the email to confirm the 250 miles? I would imagine once you have this email, your hit is confirmed as long as you received the email by November 14th?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.