E-Rewards and E-Miles [GS 2011 master thread]

Old Nov 8, 2011, 3:39 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by amolkold
Did you read my entire post from which you quoted only one line?
I did - but now realise I misread "activity" lag for "posting" lag. Apologies.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 3:56 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
i just got an invitation to erewards for a 500 mile sign up bonus. Which from reading is enough for a hit. I filled in the info and went to my home page and $0.00 there where is my reward ?
I logged in and out again still not there.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:01 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
i just got an invitation to erewards for a 500 mile sign up bonus. Which from reading is enough for a hit. I filled in the info and went to my home page and $0.00 there where is my reward ?
When you signed up, did they allow you to transfer 500 miles to US as a sign-up bonus? If so, it's your lucky day and you got the easiest e-Rewards hit out there. It should post next week ...
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:08 am

Try going to the Rewards tab at the top of the page, then Rewards by Company, then US, then click on 500 US DM.

Or if you have already made the transfer inadvertently, go to My Account then Review Account Statement and you should see the redemption listed.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
Try going to the Rewards tab at the top of the page, then Rewards by Company, then US, then click on 500 US DM.

Or if you have already made the transfer inadvertently, go to My Account then Review Account Statement and you should see the redemption listed.
Its telling me i dont have enough e-rewards currency to redeem this award but i got an invite only email stating 500miles for completing survey in the first month ?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:26 am

Its telling me i dont have enough e-rewards currency to redeem this award but i got an invite only email stating 500miles for completing survey in the first month ?
In that case, you'll have to wait until you've completed your first survey @:-)
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:31 am

how long does that take ? Can i make it in time to get a hit otherwise i will have to rent a few cars.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:43 am

how long does that take ?
How long is a piece of string?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 5:23 am

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Plat
i just got an invitation to erewards for a 500 mile sign up bonus.
I just got this too - it's from DM and it says you only need to complete 1 survey to get the miles. Filled out all the profile info and hoping for a quick survey to come through now ...
Old Nov 8, 2011, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Kyle2123
I just got this too - it's from DM and it says you only need to complete 1 survey to get the miles. Filled out all the profile info and hoping for a quick survey to come through now ...
I got an invitation for 250 miles after completing my first survey, but it has an asterisk next to the offer and says at the bottom of the e-mail:

"*Terms & conditions: Bonus miles are only available to newly enrolled e-Rewards members. A minimum accumulation of $25 in e-Rewards Currency is required before miles can be redeemed.

So it doesn't look like a shortcut but rather a bonus once you jump through all the hoops.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:20 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
New invitees, check your wording very carefully.

There are two separate redemptions in play. There is the traditional e-Rewards model: Complete enough surveys to earn $25 of their currency, redeem for 500 miles. This will apparently post as a Tuesday activity, so if you can't redeem today, you're probably out of luck.

Then there are signup bonuses which are a completely separate system. If you complete the number of surveys the personalized language says (usually 1, 2, or 3) an automatic additional posting of miles will happen. Not sure what the activity date for that will be, since it's not necessarily on the same calendar as the manual redemptions. To be safe, I'd fill out every profile on their website and obsessively check your e-mail for surveys today.

(I'm really jealous, too. None of my invites have a US bonus so my wife is out of luck for this hit.)
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
This will apparently post as a Tuesday activity, so if you can't redeem today, you're probably out of luck.
I don't understand why you say this. As long as you can show you redeemed by next Monday (and you get an email immediately you redeem), then if e-rewards won't get the date right, then US DM should correct the date once it has posted. It might be a pain in the proverbial but it should be able to be resolved by an email.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by lpatron
I got an invitation for 250 miles after completing my first survey, but it has an asterisk next to the offer and says at the bottom of the e-mail:

"*Terms & conditions: Bonus miles are only available to newly enrolled e-Rewards members. A minimum accumulation of $25 in e-Rewards Currency is required before miles can be redeemed.

So it doesn't look like a shortcut but rather a bonus once you jump through all the hoops.
My daughter got the 250 bonus invitation sometime in August if memory serves correct. We stupidly accepted right away and the bonus automatically transfered to her account a couple of weeks before the Grand Slam began. We had to work that account really hard to make the $25 required for a transfer during the GS promo.

Yesterday my 8 year old granddaughter received an invitation to join e-rewards. We have her hits in place and do not need another for this year.

How many surveys do you think they will send a child? I'm trying to decide if I should act now and get the 250 for her or just hold on to that invitation and act on it after GS2012 begins. (Hopeful thinking.) That 250 transfer would be a hit for her then...and I would not have to worry about getting enough surveys to reach the magic number in time for next year's GS.

Hoping for some advice on this lovely dilemma from some of you FlyerTalk miles pros. Thanks and good luck to all.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:34 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by louie-m
I don't understand why you say this. As long as you can show you redeemed by next Monday (and you get an email immediately you redeem), then if e-rewards won't get the date right, then US DM should correct the date once it has posted. It might be a pain in the proverbial but it should be able to be resolved by an email.
Maybe you're right... It's probably something like:

"If you don't redeem by today, it'll probably post with next Tuesday's date. That won't count for a hit, so you'll be at the mercy of US to fix it, who may just fall back on the excuse that their partner reported next week's date. Then you may have to go back to e-Rewards and try to find a human there with enough authority and initiative to change that activity date and re-post your miles."

Sounds like more work than, say, ordering some flowers. But it would be consistent with the FT spirit to try.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by aglasgow
My daughter got the 250 bonus invitation sometime in August if memory serves correct. We stupidly accepted right away and the bonus automatically transfered to her account a couple of weeks before the Grand Slam began. We had to work that account really hard to make the $25 required for a transfer during the GS promo.

Yesterday my 8 year old granddaughter received an invitation to join e-rewards. We have her hits in place and do not need another for this year.

How many surveys do you think they will send a child? I'm trying to decide if I should act now and get the 250 for her or just hold on to that invitation and act on it after GS2012 begins. (Hopeful thinking.) That 250 transfer would be a hit for her then...and I would not have to worry about getting enough surveys to reach the magic number in time for next year's GS.

Hoping for some advice on this lovely dilemma from some of you FlyerTalk miles pros. Thanks and good luck to all.
One of the requirements to join is to be 18 years old.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.