Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-Rewards and E-Miles [GS 2011 master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:54 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
can someone tell me whether it is worth doing emiles now for next yr(what are the expiration rules?)
it seems dreadfully slow going once youve got the first 500 miles and i was wondering if letting acount expire and opening another so to get the new account 300 miles at the start would be poss using same email address?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
can someone tell me whether it is worth doing emiles now for next yr(what are the expiration rules?)
it seems dreadfully slow going once youve got the first 500 miles and i was wondering if letting acount expire and opening another so to get the new account 300 miles at the start would be poss using same email address?
Their expiration policy is clearly mentioned in the terms although in my experience they haven't expired even when there was no activity for 3 months. YMMV.

The initial bonuses are tied to your DM account number. They have thought of that loophole.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
E-Rewards Question

I signed up for e-Rewards in early November, just in time to get the 250 mile bonus for a GS hit. I've since accumulated about $50 in currency and had no idea about it expiring until reading some previous posts here. I checked my account statement and it does in fact expire on 2/1/13.

Question: I thought I read somewhere that we could only make 1 e-Rewards deposit to US Air every 30 days (elsewhere it says per quarter). Anyone know if this is a limit just to US Air or whether I could wait until next year's GS and make multiple deposits to different partners at the same time. Ideally, once the hotel transfer minimums are announced, I'll start topping off my various hotel accounts with e-Rewards deposits to meet those minimums. If I can only make 1 deposit every 30 days, this will require significant planning. If I can make unlimited deposits to different partners, that will be much easier.

Any tips appreciated.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I signed up for e-Rewards in early November, just in time to get the 250 mile bonus for a GS hit. I've since accumulated about $50 in currency and had no idea about it expiring until reading some previous posts here. I checked my account statement and it does in fact expire on 2/1/13.

Question: I thought I read somewhere that we could only make 1 e-Rewards deposit to US Air every 30 days (elsewhere it says per quarter). Anyone know if this is a limit just to US Air or whether I could wait until next year's GS and make multiple deposits to different partners at the same time. Ideally, once the hotel transfer minimums are announced, I'll start topping off my various hotel accounts with e-Rewards deposits to meet those minimums. If I can only make 1 deposit every 30 days, this will require significant planning. If I can make unlimited deposits to different partners, that will be much easier.

Any tips appreciated.
Each partner has their own limits. You can transfer, so long as your particular partner list includes them, Hilton, US, La Quinta on the same day. Each of those partners has limits on how often you can transfer into each of them individually.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:29 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Each partner has their own limits. You can transfer, so long as your particular partner list includes them, Hilton, US, La Quinta on the same day. Each of those partners has limits on how often you can transfer into each of them individually.
That's great, thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 4:24 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
There's just been a sudden burst of activity in my e-rewards accounts, so that I've now managed to make my first ever US Airways deposit, despite having had the e-rewards account active for a number of years.

It's only 5 weeks too late for the Grand Slam, but since the points will expire before next years game, I might as well cash them in now.

YWSYLS
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:43 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
...and then my other account receives a survey. All my Christmases at once.

It's interesting how they have different reward fulfillment schedules.

US Airways:
Dear gnarly,

Thank you for participating in e-Rewards(R), the programme that rewards you for participating in online surveys that have been selected to match your unique interests.

Your Dividend Miles(R) account will be credited with 500 Dividend Miles within 6-8 weeks.
British Airways:
Dear gnarly,

Thank you for participating in e-Rewards(R), the programme that rewards you for participating in online surveys that have been selected to match your unique interests.

Your Executive Club account will be credited with 500 Avios within 2-4 weeks.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 9:10 pm
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
Originally Posted by gnarly
...and then my other account receives a survey. All my Christmases at once.

It's interesting how they have different reward fulfillment schedules.

US Airways:

British Airways:
typical.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:10 am

...and yet, the "slow" US Airways has posted today, but still no sign of BA.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:01 pm

I'm attempting to dump my erewards miles into hotel partners for next year's GS. I will have no hope of gaining any actual points in the coming year for any program other than SPG. Since GS ended I've saved up $100 in e-rewards, dumped $50 into Club Carleson to get me enough points to count for a hit (as per this year's GS). I will be doing HHonors next. Not sure where to go next, but I don't want to wait, because the delay in posting and the limits on redeeming multiple certs might hurt my chances of doing this once next year's GS rules come out.

Yes it is a risk, but I'm hoping to turn what would otherwise be 4,000-6,000 miles worth of straight redemptions to USair ($200-$300 in e-rewards) into a whole lot more. Goal would be 3 hotels + SPG, 4 extra hits plus the miles they will convert into (3,000 or so). Right now I'm a little over halfway there. If the surveys come in steadily I'll maybe have a chance at another hit as well. I'll be researching who has good transfers to USair, and good e-reward redemtions in the coming month or two to target my possible transfers.

Emiles is painfully slow, but I'm back up to around 300 or so, and should be above 500 by the next GS. Of course there is no guarantee they will be hits next year, but can't hurt to be ready. This will leave time to pursue other hits as well.

I'm averaging 2 surveys a week, they're starting to really become a chore, so we'll see how many months I can continue this.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:48 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Stubtify, really admire your dedication on this. You may want to invest a little time in mitigating your risk by following the misc. hotel promotions posted around FT.

For example, Marriott just finished a contest where many of us won at least 1000 points for very little effort.

Priority Club and Hilton are part of TopGuest, relatively easy way to earn 50 points/day if you're in the right geography.

Lots of little opportunities here and there to earn in hotel programs without stays.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Stubtify, really admire your dedication on this. You may want to invest a little time in mitigating your risk by following the misc. hotel promotions posted around FT.

For example, Marriott just finished a contest where many of us won at least 1000 points for very little effort.

Priority Club and Hilton are part of TopGuest, relatively easy way to earn 50 points/day if you're in the right geography.

Lots of little opportunities here and there to earn in hotel programs without stays.
MDtR: I appreciate it. I was able to capitalize on the TGIF/Club Carleson promo to get 4,500 points to jumpstart my account. This allowed me to only use $50 in e-rewards to top up above this year's 850 mile transfer threshold.

I'll start reading about topguest, I'm very interested in how I can get those points . Even better, just for signing up right now I got 50 HH points, 50 BW points, and 50 Priority club points. Thanks!

I tried with the FB game with Mariott every so often but didn't win anything.

Of course with my luck they'll eliminate the transfers next year! I actually doubt it though because those programs have to buy those miles from US, so I'm sure it is one of the few moneymakers they can count on.

With anything there's only so much time, but I'll start keeping an eye on those hotel partner forums. Thanks again.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
1 Transfer Per Quarter?

IIRC, we are only allowed 1 transfer from each e-Rewards account per quarter, right? I'm guessing that since 6/30 is coming up in a week, it would be smart to do any hotel build-up transfers before then, so that we can save a transfer for Q3 (in case the GS returns)?

Trying to figure out what programs would be good at the $25-$30 level ...

Last edited by amolkold; Jun 22, 2012 at 4:35 pm
Old Jun 23, 2012, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by amolkold
IIRC, we are only allowed 1 transfer from each e-Rewards account per quarter, right? ...
As I understand the rules that is wrong. Each e-Rewards partner has their own allowances for transfers. You could transfer to Hilton, Choice, La Quinta and US Air on the same day. But, for example, you can only transfer into Hilton once per quarter.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 2:42 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by dsquared37
But, for example, you can only transfer into Hilton once per quarter.
Every 90 days, not calendar quarter, so unlike say Choice, you will only be able to make 2 transfers to Hilton before GS (if there is one and at the same time as last year) ends even if you start now.

Choice is every calendar quarter, so you could in theory do one now, one in Q3 and one in Q4.

US Airways is once every 30 days.

Club Carlson is once every calendar quarter, as is La Quinta.

There is no limit on Priority Club transfers.

Any others?

Last edited by louie-m; Jun 24, 2012 at 3:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.