E-Rewards and E-Miles [GS 2011 master thread]

Old Nov 9, 2011, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by vysean
Personally I think you have a good shot. You completed the activity on X date - it's not your fault that the vendor mis-reports the activity date.

That aside, the terms and conditions are quite clear - the determining date is the vendor-reported activity date. So if they stick to the T&C, you're SOL...
I also think we have a good shot. I have the email that shows the transfer was made today. I personally hate that some vendors can get their activity date correct and others cannot.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
I also think we have a good shot. I have the email that shows the transfer was made today. I personally hate that some vendors can get their activity date correct and others cannot.
What's the US Airways GS email? I can email and ask...at least that way we'll have written agreement.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by mabramovich
What's the US Airways GS email? I can email and ask...at least that way we'll have written agreement.
No clue, do a search. I'll wait until after the e-Rewards post incorrectly before I email anyone.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:48 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
No clue, do a search. I'll wait until after the e-Rewards post incorrectly before I email anyone.
I think this is a good idea. I would not email them until you have confirmed a foul ball. I believe the address everyone is using is [email protected]
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by vysean
I think this is a good idea. I would not email them until you have confirmed a foul ball. I believe the address everyone is using is [email protected]
Well but then they tell you "Nope, posting date" and you're missing a hit...
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:58 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Now this is interesting. In another thread, someone posted this hit:

11/7/2011 11/08/11 E-REWARDS MILEAGE TRANSFER 500
That's a posting day of Tuesday this week, with a Monday activity day. Wonder if it's been re-aligned and we'll have one more valid posting opportunity next week?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:08 am

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Well but then they tell you "Nope, posting date" and you're missing a hit...
To be clear, activity date is what matters - posting date is completely irrelevant to this promotion unless an activity posts after March 2012 (or whenever they stop checking for activity).

I don't see any upside to emailing them in advance. They're just going to quote the T&C's and since you're not actually out anything, there's nowhere to go with it.

If, on the other hand, you complete an activity in advance of the deadline believing it to qualify and it doesn't, you can show a good faith effort and have proof that the activity was completed in advance of the stated deadline.

It's not reasonable for you or anyone else to know how vendors post activity date, and a reasonable person would tend to believe that activity date would be the date that you completed the activity.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 4:57 am

It will.

thanks, that would be sweet. did it post for you?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
I also got the 250 mile invite. It says my account will be credited in 6-8 weeks, so that's for sure a hit, right?

I mean if it is I'd like to save myself $45 on the 24th hit, so that'd be pretty sweet. Can we get a beltway in here to confirm it'll be a hit?
don't you need 500 miles to post to get a hit?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by worldtraveller2
don't you need 500 miles to post to get a hit?
Nope, any amount of miles from E-Rewards should trigger a hit. Most people transfer 500 miles because that's the normal amount to transfer after doing $25 worth of survey.

Others can transfer less since they get an invite and a promotion to transfer 250 miles upon completing one survey.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lpatron
I got an invitation for 250 miles after completing my first survey, but it has an asterisk next to the offer and says at the bottom of the e-mail:

"*Terms & conditions: Bonus miles are only available to newly enrolled e-Rewards members. A minimum accumulation of $25 in e-Rewards Currency is required before miles can be redeemed.

So it doesn't look like a shortcut but rather a bonus once you jump through all the hoops.
I got that wording too and found it kind of confusing, but I completed my first survey today and just got an email from e-rewards:

Dear Kyle2123,

Thank you for participating in e-Rewards(R), the program that rewards you for participating in online surveys that have been selected to match your unique interests.
Your Dividend Miles(R) account will be credited with 500 Dividend Miles within 6-8 weeks.

I only completed one survey and my e-rewards account balance was only about $5 so I definitely wasn't anywhere near the $25, and I also didn't go onto the website to request a redemption -- it was automatic.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Platinum
Got the same thing today, but would it post as a hit (dated 11/14 or earlier), any one?

Originally Posted by Kyle2123
I got that wording too and found it kind of confusing, but I completed my first survey today and just got an email from e-rewards:

Dear Kyle2123,

Thank you for participating in e-Rewards(R), the program that rewards you for participating in online surveys that have been selected to match your unique interests.
Your Dividend Miles(R) account will be credited with 500 Dividend Miles within 6-8 weeks.

I only completed one survey and my e-rewards account balance was only about $5 so I definitely wasn't anywhere near the $25, and I also didn't go onto the website to request a redemption -- it was automatic.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Originally Posted by amolkold
Nope, any amount of miles from E-Rewards should trigger a hit. Most people transfer 500 miles because that's the normal amount to transfer after doing $25 worth of survey.

Others can transfer less since they get an invite and a promotion to transfer 250 miles upon completing one survey.
Cool! I was getting worried there for a minute. My husband's account got the email on 10/8/11 and posted like this:

10/11/2011 10/12/11 E-REWARDS MILEAGE TRANSFER 250

I got the email tonight so, not sure it will make a hit to my account by the 11/14/11 deadline.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 4:50 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
i got an invite for 500 miles after completing one survey. I got a good survey for 40mins with $9 for the reward. I clicked it said it expired so i did another survey for $0.25 into my account i went to transfer the 500 miles i suppose to have got from the sign up and says i dont have $25 in my account ?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
i got an invite for 500 miles after completing one survey. I got a good survey for 40mins with $9 for the reward. I clicked it said it expired so i did another survey for $0.25 into my account i went to transfer the 500 miles i suppose to have got from the sign up and says i dont have $25 in my account ?
:facepalm:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.