Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DM shopping mall [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2011, 1:19 pm

My purchase from Network Solutions through the Shopping Mall finally posted today after sending them screenshots. However, they should have posted 77 miles as the toolbar indicated 11miles/$1. Sent them an email to follow up.

9/21/2011 10/20/11 SHOPPING MALL, NETWORK SOLUTIONS 7

My Skymall's Replacement Blade also posted today:

10/13/2011 10/20/11 SKYMALL ONLINE PURCHASE 21
Old Oct 20, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Here's a datapoint for Shopping Mall, Amazon.com:

10/12/2011 10/20/11 SHOPPING MALL, AMAZON 105

I placed the order on 10/8 and it shipped 10/10, so there is a lag between the order date and the transaction date as recorded by the Shopping Mall. That should be a consideration for someone trying to get a last minute hit in November.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TorontoSingh
My purchase from Network Solutions through the Shopping Mall finally posted today after sending them screenshots. However, they should have posted 77 miles as the toolbar indicated 11miles/$1. Sent them an email to follow up.

9/21/2011 10/20/11 SHOPPING MALL, NETWORK SOLUTIONS 7
You may already know this, but I highly doubt that will count as a NetSol hit.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by nabeelj
You may already know this, but I highly doubt that will count as a NetSol hit.
Not counting this posting as a Netsol hit. But buying through Skymall and entering DM # on Netsol when placing an order for purchase makes it a double whammy. Already got an email correspondence to confirm that I will get a separate Netsol Hit through their own bonus DM miles campaign, wiaiting for that to post like everyone else.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by Mora
I know it's the third time somebody is asking about it but as there have been no answer to it yet I thought I give it another go:

Did anybody receive miles for their petsmart donations after the 28.09. yet????
I'm still waiting for miles for my $5 donation.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by tcollins33
I'm still waiting for miles for my $5 donation.
Yeah, I'm still having trouble with PetSmart, too. I clicked through the mall, obviously, so that I was sure I was in my "account" with US Airways, but PetSmart told me there is nothing in my order showing a US Airways account number, AND that they can't add it. I went ahead and placed another order in the shopping mall with another company, but I am not confident about that, either. I will be curious to see how this turns out!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:42 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
Originally Posted by dado55
Yeah, I'm still having trouble with PetSmart, too. I clicked through the mall, obviously, so that I was sure I was in my "account" with US Airways, but PetSmart told me there is nothing in my order showing a US Airways account number, AND that they can't add it.I will be curious to see how this turns out!
I have trouble with 2 accounts too. Spending was 9/20 and 10/05
Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:19 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
My amazon purchase hit my account yesterday as well.

Purchased 10/4, Arrived 10/7

10/12/2011 10/20/11 SHOPPING MALL, AMAZON 7
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
GAIAM

I got my Gaiam tree posted to my DM, but now as it is no longer listed as a participating retailer, do we still count it as a hit? I show 20 hits based on what is posted, but this last sweep I did not get my 20 hit bonus.

Anyone encounter Gaiam not posting as a hit?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by kaaria
I got my Gaiam tree posted to my DM, but now as it is no longer listed as a participating retailer, do we still count it as a hit?
Once you get the miles credited, it's a hit, even if the partner suddenly goes bankrupt and/or is teleported to the 47th dimension.

I show 20 hits based on what is posted, but this last sweep I did not get my 20 hit bonus.
If you're worried, then post the raw info in How Many Hits? & let the wisdom of the crowd diagnose what's going on. Without actual line items, nobody is going to be able to give you an answer.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:19 pm

Shopping mall woes - three strikes

Okay, I have now ordered from three different retailers in the mall after originating in the US site and after logging in with my US DM number on the shopping mall site. All three have no record of my US DM account #.

So I'm looking for a reliable shopping mall hit other than petsmart, drugstore.com, and amazon. Anyone have one? Best would be if the order confirmation screen had a place showing your US DM number. Thanks in advance so much.

Last edited by dado55; Oct 21, 2011 at 1:02 pm
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dado55
Okay, I have now ordered from three different retailers in the mall after originating in the US site and after logging in with my US DM number on the shopping mall site. All three have no record of my US DM account #.

So I'm looking for a reliable shopping mall hit other than petsmart, officemax, and amazon. Anyone have one? Best would be if the order confirmation screen had a place showing your US DM number. Thanks in advance so much.
Unless my understanding of the mechanics is way off, the partners will never have your US number - they simply pay a referral fee to the US Airways Shopping Mall who has your number and who grants miles based on getting that referral fee.

The Shopping Mall posts on Thursdays, and it looks like most people have their miles within 2 weeks - if it's been longer, email them and ask them (the Shopping Mall / FreeCause.com) to check and confirm you have transactions pending.

http://usairways.skymall.com/customer_service
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:34 pm

Thanks so much, vysean! That's good to know, both for the GS and the useless stuff I keep accumulating
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
I had that problem. Gaiam didn't post, Amazon didn't post. I followed up with Freecause and they said they had no record of the order. Finally, I cleared my cookies (again) and started Amazon from the online shopping mall and I finally received that posting. I did one for my sister through iTunes and that posted within two weeks.

I have 2 more accounts to deal with, I am planning on just using iTunes, as I have never had an iTunes go astray.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KathinJax
I had that problem. Gaiam didn't post, Amazon didn't post. I followed up with Freecause and they said they had no record of the order. Finally, I cleared my cookies (again) and started Amazon from the online shopping mall and I finally received that posting. I did one for my sister through iTunes and that posted within two weeks.

I have 2 more accounts to deal with, I am planning on just using iTunes, as I have never had an iTunes go astray.
This is a critical point for anyone handling multiple accounts - you should ALWAYS do one of the following when dealing with multiple account purchases through these types of web portals:
  • Clear cookies and cache between purchases and close down/restart browser.
  • Run your web browser in "private" mode (Chrome calls it "Incognito", FireFox calls it "Private Browsing" and Internet Explorer calls it "InPrivate") for each purchase and close the browser down completely between purchases.
  • Use a different browser for each account. This is the most extreme option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.