Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DM shopping mall [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Some troublesome language from the Shopping Mall T&C that may explain why some Amazon purchases aren't posting: [...]

I have now had Amazon claim that this covers Amazon Marketplace purchases, i.e., purchases through Amazon of items actually sold by one of their partner merchants.

Now, in fact I received US miles in August for just such a third-party Marketplace purchase, so this isn't a cut and dried issue. Still, I suspect this explains why some of us are still waiting on miles that may never post.
UPDATE: I sent DM Shopping Mall a missing miles request for a recent Amazon Marketplace purchase. Once I gave them the date/transaction number/amount/etc., the miles posted within 24 hours.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:47 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I bought a 99cent iPhone app through iTunes and just got this:

9/21/2011 09/29/11 SHOPPING MALL, APPLE ITUNES 2

So sub-$1 will work.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I bought a USB 2.0 charger cable for my HTC phone from Amazon today.

$0.01 for the cable
$1.04 for shipping

We'll see if the credit shows up....
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by echino
They ship nothing, right? So I can use a random US shipping address, because I can't use my Canadian address, right?
I did the typical address trick of putting the entire canadian info in the address lines, and picking a random US state. Processed fine to my credit card.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by YYZC2
Did anyone else notice this passage under "Restrictions" on the Gaiam DM Mall landing page?:

Doesn't sound good to me... and of course, I only noticed it after I bought a tree.
I purchased the tree 9 days ago, for what its worth 4 miles posted this afternoon for the purchase. Can't confirm it counts as a hit yet, but the GAIAM 2$ tree purchase does count for miles so it should all be good.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by beltway
UPDATE: I sent DM Shopping Mall a missing miles request for a recent Amazon Marketplace purchase. Once I gave them the date/transaction number/amount/etc., the miles posted within 24 hours.
When I tried to send a missing miles request for an Amazon.com purchase, I was told that I had to wait at least 8 weeks before filing a missing miles request.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I would have done a Gaiam tree if not for the exclusion so I bought 2 E-books (me and husband accounts) from Barnes and Noble this time to avoid shipping costs. Lots of cheap books but I chose ones over $2 to make sure it posts.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: SQ QPP1, HYATT DIA, SPG GOLD, HH GOLD, IHG GOLD
For PetSmart donation:
I suppose that we don't have to enter my DM number again during the process? Just once when I logged in to my DM account and click on the Shopping Mall link?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz
For PetSmart donation:
I suppose that we don't have to enter my DM number again during the process? Just once when I logged in to my DM account and click on the Shopping Mall link?
Correct.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by MtlFire
I purchased the tree 9 days ago, for what its worth 4 miles posted this afternoon for the purchase. Can't confirm it counts as a hit yet, but the GAIAM 2$ tree purchase does count for miles so it should all be good.
I'm not seeing Gaiam under the list of retailers. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

TIA
Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:03 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I'm not seeing Gaiam under the list of retailers. Am I looking in the wrong spot?
It seems to have been removed from the list of participating retailers. It doesn't show up via the DM toolbar, either.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by sc flier
It seems to have been removed from the list of participating retailers. It doesn't show up via the DM toolbar, either.
Gaiam over?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
TIA
Effectively it appears to be gone. And as mentioned above visiting it with the toolbar no longer shows mileage earning. Odd.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
With Gaiam gone, perhaps Groupon can help for a remaining DM Shopping Mall hit. I posted a $2 Groupon offer in the "Other Partners" thread because it should be able to get the hit for Thanks Again (if purchased via ThanksAgain.com).

If the purchase were instead made through the DM Shopping Mall or DM Toolbar, it should instead earn 2 miles for the DM Shopping Mall hit.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 1:05 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum. AA and UA as well, but I don't care about them anymore.
What about REI? So I was planning on driving over to REI tomorrow anyway, to buy a waterproof duffle bag. Just so happens, REI is one of the stores in the DM Shopping Mall.

On their terms, it says this:

"Restrictions
sporting goods
Retailers retain the right to award points based on valid transactions. It is at the discretion of the retailer to deem whether a transaction is valid. Other restrictions may apply.
Gift card, gift certificate, and coupon restrictions may apply."

I think I'm probably OK there. I still get the bag I was going to buy anyway, and get the miles for it from the DM mall...

But how does that all work anyway, and how soon should I see that appear in my mileage?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.