Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DM shopping mall [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Does anyone know if Barnes & Noble Marketplace purchases qualify for miles? (That is, books that you buy from BN.com, but they are listed by and come from other sellers.)

I tried both searching and reading the T&C, but I didn't find anything that addressed it either way. Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
Does anyone know if Barnes & Noble Marketplace purchases qualify for miles? (That is, books that you buy from BN.com, but they are listed by and come from other sellers.)

I tried both searching and reading the T&C, but I didn't find anything that addressed it either way. Thanks.
See posts 86 and 91, noting potentially relevant Shopping Mall terms and how this played out WRT Amazon Marketplace. YMMV.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond
My miles from Amazon purchase (third party retailer) posted after about 20 days.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Sorry if mentioned, but no master post on page 1, and no results on searach for restaurant.com here

I guess you can get the shopping mall hit by buying a deeply discounted cert on restaurant.com

Typically 1$.

As Gaiam has disappeared, I was left with 2$ petsmart (didnt take foreign CCs) and with luck a 2$ groupon (some work to find).
Old Oct 15, 2011, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by efox
My miles from Amazon purchase (third party retailer) posted after about 20 days.

Lucky you. I had placed mine on 9/24 and nothing yet.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 7:09 am
Used to be diaworld

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Dontcareist,
I used walmart.com with no problems...posted after 10 days or so. Tons of basic items with 97 cent shipping...I ordered a pack of kleenex!
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:20 pm

REI never fails to post for me. Lots of cheap sale items and free in store shipping. Had problems with some other merchants posting so just did a couple orders of ~$1 Gu Chomps which I'll definitely use on hikes.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Groupon - a discount offer

I've made a couple of Groupon purchases by drilling to it through the Shopping Mall. Is one likely to be a hit? (I did get the quick curtain dip at the top of the window saying I would get miles.) I ask because I seem to remember that suchlike will not count as a hit if combined with any other discount offers, to paraphrase.* That's all Groupon is. Sooo........

* ...if I didn't only dream this part in the first place.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:31 am

The DM toolbar (and so by extension the Shopping Mall) is automatically telling me I will earn 4 miles per dollar at " Foley + Corinna ".. the web page that brings up this auto message, and turns the green dot on to signify earning?

... drumroll..

www.google.com

A search for Foley in the DM shopping mall does not show any Retailer by that name, although it does bring up products made by that company (expensive purses).

Gotta love these shopping malls and toolbars..
Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
I know it's the third time somebody is asking about it but as there have been no answer to it yet I thought I give it another go:

Did anybody receive miles for their petsmart donations after the 28.09. yet????
Old Oct 20, 2011, 4:16 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Mora
Not sure if you mean the donation date or the posting date being after 28 September. This is mine:

9/27/2011 10/06/11 SHOPPING MALL, PETSMART 6
Old Oct 20, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
Yes, I did mean the donation - points posted today for me as well.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mora
yes, i did mean the donation - points posted today for me as well.
+1

10/14/2011 10/20/11 shopping mall, petsmart 6
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by tripice351
The DM toolbar (and so by extension the Shopping Mall) is automatically telling me I will earn 4 miles per dollar at " Foley + Corinna ".. the web page that brings up this auto message, and turns the green dot on to signify earning?

... drumroll..

www.google.com

A search for Foley in the DM shopping mall does not show any Retailer by that name, although it does bring up products made by that company (expensive purses).

Gotta love these shopping malls and toolbars..
I actually sent this to the DM shopping as it started out as 16 miles to the dollar. They sent me something back that told me that that retailer was non-participating and that I could purchase from e-bags, if I wanted the items (which I do not). I finally sent them a screen shot and they have sent it to their IT department.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by Mora
I know it's the third time somebody is asking about it but as there have been no answer to it yet I thought I give it another go:

Yes, and for two different accounts with two differnent activity dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.