Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DM shopping mall [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:59 am

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dukerau
I searched and saw someone mentioned restaurant.com but I haven't seen anyone confirm a hit from it. If someone can confirm and give posting lag, I'd appreciate it. It's been 9 days and I still have nothing. After 2 failed attempts with Amazon, I'm really worrying about getting this last hit from the shopping mall.
FWIW, no one has reported an issue with purchasing the $2 petsmart donation, and it's still available on the Shopping Mall site.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 4:36 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by vysean
FWIW, no one has reported an issue with purchasing the $2 petsmart donation, and it's still available on the Shopping Mall site.
Do you remember how long that took to post? I made donations on two different accounts on 11/1 and have yet to see them post.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:04 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by dwcatty
Do you remember how long that took to post? I made donations on two different accounts on 11/1 and have yet to see them post.
Mine took 10 days. Activity date was order date.

10/17/2011 10/27/11 SHOPPING MALL, PETSMART 6
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by bevoinva
Mine took 10 days. Activity date was order date.

10/17/2011 10/27/11 SHOPPING MALL, PETSMART 6
Cool, thanks.

Ha! Just like clockwork. Both Mrs. dwcatty and grandbaby dwcatty just saw this:

11/3/2011 11/10/11 SHOPPING MALL, PETSMART 6

Whoo hoo!

NOTE TO LATEHITTERS! This purchase made on 11/1 and activity date shows 11/3. Do not wait to next Monday to make PetSmart donation!

Last edited by dwcatty; Nov 10, 2011 at 11:09 am Reason: added hit
Old Nov 10, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Using Barnes and Noble gift card

I made a $15 Barnes and Noble purchase using a gift card. Today 45 miles posted to my account, but also 45 miles were deducted. I don't really care about the 45 miles but instead am interested in whether this counts as a shopping hit. I'm guessing it does count since the +45 miles shows up and don't think the -45 miles would affect the hit, but of course I could be wrong.

I also made an equivalent purchase using a B&N gift card from a family member's DM account and the exact same phenomenon occurred: miles posted and the same amount was deducted. So this doesn't seem to be a one-off event.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dukerau
I searched and saw someone mentioned restaurant.com but I haven't seen anyone confirm a hit from it. If someone can confirm and give posting lag, I'd appreciate it. It's been 9 days and I still have nothing. After 2 failed attempts with Amazon, I'm really worrying about getting this last hit from the shopping mall.
I can answer my own question

Ordered: Oct 31
Tran date: Nov 1
Post date: Nov 10
Old Nov 10, 2011, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Shopping mall posted to two accounts today. Here's one:

11/6/2011 11/10/11 SHOPPING MALL, RESTAURANT.COM 33
Old Nov 12, 2011, 5:48 am

Just as a warning save confirmations. On the 10th I had two different shopping mall activities post with an activity date of 11/1, but one (Pottery Barn) was done on 9/27 and the other (buy with me) was done mid October.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
On entering the Dividend Miles Storefront just now, I see that Groupon has gone up to 4 miles per $. Probably temporary, but interesting that this happens now that the GS earning period is just finished.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:48 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Firewind
On entering the Dividend Miles Storefront just now, I see that Groupon has gone up to 4 miles per $. Probably temporary, but interesting that this happens now that the GS earning period is just finished.
Continuing this somewhat OT topic, Discover offers 15% back on Groupon purchases. None of the mileage malls gets close (except maybe AA at 8 miles/$).
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Exclamation

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Continuing this somewhat OT topic...
...thank you for this excellent tip... which improves my quadrifecta: OpenTable 1,000-point reservation in about an hour from now, using Groupon, paid for with Discover, paying for extras after the meal with RewardsNetwork-registered credit card. :-: :-: :-: :-:

(I also bragged a few weeks ago that it also garnered a hit for purchasing the Groupon through the DM Shopping Mall. But the miles and hit haven't shown up, and it was an inferior play vs. yours.)
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
...thank you for this excellent tip...
You're welcome... you made sure to go to groupon by following the ShopDiscover link after you log in to your discover account, right?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 3:14 pm

Something like that...
Old Nov 16, 2011, 4:45 pm

US Airways has switched to a new mall provider, so a lot of the rewards are changed. Amazon.com, unfortunately, is now gone.

All miles/hits earned prior to the switch should be honored.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 4:55 pm

This part...

Originally Posted by alanh
Amazon.com, unfortunately, is now gone.
...is super annoying. Just got hooked on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.