Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome to the Dedicated Grand Slam Forum!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2011, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
can someone explain how points.com hits work?
i understand how to get the hit for swapping miles-but how does the sharing miles one work?

thanks
As a tag-on, is it better to share on points.com or within US DM?

Does party A sharing miles with party B garner a hit to both?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Does party A sharing miles with party B garner a hit to both?
I'd like to suggest that everyone tempted to ask such questions consult the official US FAQ -- http://www.usairways.com/EN-US/FAQS/GRANDSLAMFAQS.HTML -- before posting. The post you save may be your own.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:36 pm

Limited offer for hit:
Grand Slam is back and we’re giving you a head start! Check us out on Twitter where the first 110 people to Tweet a picture from a game holding a US Airways sign will get 1 hit and 500 bonus miles.

Just remember:
  • You have to register for Grand Slam
  • You have to follow US on Twitter and include @USAirways in your response.
  • The person in the picture doesn’t have to be you; it can be anyone holding a US Airways sign.
  • If you’re not going to a baseball game this week you can get creative and take a picture at a little league or softball game.
  • If you win, you'll receive 500 bonus miles and 1 hit in the Grand Slam promotion
  • Twitter promotion runs from September 2 – September 9, 2011
Old Sep 2, 2011, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
[*]The person in the picture doesn’t have to be you; it can be anyone holding a US Airways sign. [*]If you’re not going to a baseball game this week you can get creative and take a picture at a little league or softball game.[/LIST]

I did get creative... I took a picture of a baseball game on TV... Wonder if it will count.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 1:53 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
missed out on the buying miles double bonus promo this time round-anyone know if they are likely to run int again during the grand slam?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
missed out on the buying miles double bonus promo this time round-anyone know if they are likely to run int again during the grand slam?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17117872-post28.html
Old Sep 18, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
anyone else having a problem creating an account on thanksagain.com? I went thru the link on FB
Can't seem to figure out how to register.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
I registered for GS11 last week. Should I have gotten an e-mail confirmation, or is it a matter of faith that the registration is recorded with US? I'd hate to pile up a bunch of hits only to find out I was not in the game.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by PHLviaUS
I registered for GS11 last week. Should I have gotten an e-mail confirmation, or is it a matter of faith that the registration is recorded with US? I'd hate to pile up a bunch of hits only to find out I was not in the game.
Call the Dividend Miles Customer Service Center if you want to confirm registration.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:45 am

OK, here's a really stupid question and a search didn't help (possibly because I didn't use the right keywords): how/where can we see how many points we have accumulated? I have a Sixt rental, two different hotel stays, a miles trade, and an Office Max purchase so far and I want to make sure they are credited.

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by sparkchaser
OK, here's a really stupid question and a search didn't help (possibly because I didn't use the right keywords): how/where can we see how many points we have accumulated? I have a Sixt rental, two different hotel stays, a miles trade, and an Office Max purchase so far and I want to make sure they are credited.

Thanks in advance.
You can't actually see them until they post. It's a good reason to hold onto all of your receipts.

Mike
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
You can't actually see them until they post. It's a good reason to hold onto all of your receipts.

Mike
Ah, but where do they post? And, more importantly, how can I see them?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by sparkchaser
Ah, but where do they post? And, more importantly, how can I see them?
Go into your DM account. Under "Quick Links," about halfway down the right-hand side of the page, click on "Your miles." Scroll to "Activity" at the bottom.

Mike
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
Go into your DM account. Under "Quick Links," about halfway down the right-hand side of the page, click on "Your miles." Scroll to "Activity" at the bottom.
And, once we get into Oct/Nov, modify the search dates to cover the full GS period. (The US site default is to search only on the current month.)
Old Sep 20, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, Avis Prefered
Originally Posted by beltway
And, once we get into Oct/Nov, modify the search dates to cover the full GS period. (The US site default is to search only on the current month.)
And you will actually only see the "hits" post every two weeks when they do the sweep. The first should be on 9/28.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.