Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome to the Dedicated Grand Slam Forum!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by PSUPaul
And you will actually only see the "hits" post every two weeks when they do the sweep. The first should be on 9/28.
No. The hits posts when they post (i.e., when the activity line appears in a user's account). The tiers -- that is, the various plateaus representing whole multiples of 4 hits (4, 8, 12, und so weiter) -- are credited by US, and the resulting bonus miles posted, every two weeks, as stated in the GS rules:
US Airways will track hits and award bonus miles beginning September 28, 2011, and continue to post miles every other week until March 28, 2012.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Originally Posted by worldtraveller2
anyone else having a problem creating an account on thanksagain.com? I went thru the link on FB
Can't seem to figure out how to register.
I have an account with thanksagain but I have Delta listed as my airline. Can I change this to US air so I can earn a hit?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by starflyer
You have to register first. See the registration thread for more info.
I registered but did not get an email confirmation. Is there a number I can call to make sure I am registered?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:53 am

Programs: US Platinum, KL FB Gold, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, IC Amb.
new double miles buy promo during Grand Slam '11

Dont know if this is the right place to put this question; but is there any chance that Points.com will run a 100% buy miles promo during GS11? Anyone recollect how that has been previous years?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Stephano
Dont know if this is the right place to put this question; but is there any chance that Points.com will run a 100% buy miles promo during GS11? Anyone recollect how that has been previous years?
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2011-...l#post17117872
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, Avis Prefered
Originally Posted by ronotg
I registered but did not get an email confirmation. Is there a number I can call to make sure I am registered?
You can call USAirways Customer Service to confirm you are registered.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:47 am

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by ronotg
As PSUPaul suggested, it is my recommendation to call US Airways to confirm your registration. The e-mail confirmation for US promotions are spotty. There are four family members that signed up for this promotion and only one of us received an e-mail confirmation. Also, it is my recommendation to screen shots, screen movies, etc. of your registration, purchases, etc. so that you will have a 'paper' trail in case if there is a problem.

Last edited by ArizonaRoadWarrior; Sep 27, 2011 at 8:12 am
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: CO Infinite Plat, UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, US(ex-CP), VX, DL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold
Does anyone know the difference between a "Dividend Miles Shopping Mall" hit and a "Skymall" hit. Doesn't the Dividend Miles Shopping Mall just link to Skymall?

Also, someone asked about adding their DM number to an OfficeMax.com purchase, and apparently OfficeMax told them to go through the DM Shopping Mall. It seems like this would only count as a Shopping Mall hit - and I assume it's not a double (or triple) dip situation.

Anyone who has done a Grand Slam before run into these questions? Thanks!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by infiniteflyer
Also, someone asked about adding their DM number to an OfficeMax.com purchase, and apparently OfficeMax told them to go through the DM Shopping Mall. It seems like this would only count as a Shopping Mall hit - and I assume it's not a double (or triple) dip situation.

Anyone who has done a Grand Slam before run into these questions? Thanks!
This is covered in excruciating detail in the existing OfficeMax thread and, more importantly, in the post #1 summary of the Other Partners thread.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 7:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Wyd Plat.
Free Hits Through Social Networking

Everything is Interconnected.

Use Foursquare & Facebook to your advantage for free GS 2011 hits.

Check out my post under hotel transfers to see how I'm getting a free Best Western Rewards hit and free Hilton HHonors, Choice Rewards, etc. bonus points using opportunities through Facebook and Foursquare 'check-ins'
Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by NewbieCollegeFlyer
Everything is Interconnected.

Use Foursquare & Facebook to your advantage for free GS 2011 hits.

Check out my post under hotel transfers to see how I'm getting a free Best Western Rewards hit and free Hilton HHonors, Choice Rewards, etc. bonus points using opportunities through Facebook and Foursquare 'check-ins'
While your zeal is exemplary, your knowledge is lacking.

As someone said in a response to your Hotel thread post: good luck with 2012 GS.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA MM, HH Gold, SPG LT Gold
Where do we check how many hits so far? Does any miles posted to US Airways account count as "hit"?

Originally Posted by beltway
No. The hits posts when they post (i.e., when the activity line appears in a user's account). The tiers -- that is, the various plateaus representing whole multiples of 4 hits (4, 8, 12, und so weiter) -- are credited by US, and the resulting bonus miles posted, every two weeks, as stated in the GS rules:
I saw Mike's post earlier to go to the "Activity" page, what I am not sure is which one is counted as one hit? Guess I can assume if miles are posted from the participating vendors, then that is a hit !?

Last edited by pm6163; Oct 18, 2011 at 5:42 pm
Old Oct 18, 2011, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by pm6163
Where do we check how many hits so far? Does any miles posted to US Airways account count as "hit"?
2 options;

1. Crystal Ball
2. Invest a minimum time reading FT. If not more than this single page....^
Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:52 am

Was there a sweep on Oct. 12? I know there was an (unexpected?) one on Oct. 5. When are we expected the next one? Today? Thank you.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by danpeake
Was there a sweep on Oct. 12? I know there was an (unexpected?) one on Oct. 5. When are we expected the next one? Today? Thank you.
Last year, it was every two weeks. Past performance is no indication of future performance.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.