Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome to the Dedicated Grand Slam Forum!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by danpeake
Was there a sweep on Oct. 12? I know there was an (unexpected?) one on Oct. 5. When are we expected the next one? Today? Thank you.
exact same question that was on my mind
Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Shanye2233

Edit: Not sure what I was thinking.

Last edited by dsquared37; Oct 20, 2011 at 12:42 am
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
There have been three sweeps so far, one week apart. The official website had said there would be one every two weeks. The one on October 5 was unexpected, and led some to believe we would see one every week. The one last week (Oct. 12) was the scheduled one. This week would be unscheduled, and it looks like maybe it's not happening?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by drbobguy
The one last week (Oct. 12) was the scheduled one. This week would be unscheduled, and it looks like maybe it's not happening?
Hey, you're the doctor. ^
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:40 pm

For the record, the total number of posts in the sub-forum just passed 9000. Last year's single-thread discussion fell just shy of 7700, and I daresay we're much better off as a result of the mods' decision to open up a bit. Having 5-10 very active master threads for different categories is a substantial improvement IMO.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by beltway
Having 5-10 very active master threads for different categories is a substantial improvement IMO.
I second that emotion!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 9:55 pm

I just started trying to accumulate miles. I have 0 hits thus far. Is it reasonable for me to expect to start tomorrow and get credit for all of my hits by the deadline? I was planning to get 16 hits for the 25,000 miles for about $100.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by jmccal
I just started trying to accumulate miles. I have 0 hits thus far. Is it reasonable for me to expect to start tomorrow and get credit for all of my hits by the deadline? I was planning to get 16 hits for the 25,000 miles for about $100.
No problem. Activity date is what matters.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by travelkid
No problem. Activity date is what matters.
To expand on this a bit: What counts is the date the partner reports to US as the date when your activity occurred. So long as that date is within the GS period, as so long as the partner actually reports that credit to US by March 28, 2012, your hit will count.

The main pitfall is that different partners have different policies for crediting "activity date" (could be checkin/pickup/order date, checkout/dropoff/ship date, or something else). See the various master threads, esp post #1 in Other Partners, for a summary of these policies.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I was thrilled to see my miles uptick from yesterday's sweep, and I must say that participating in the GS has raised my miles obsession to a new level.

Needless to say my wife is just thrilled.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: American, BA, NWA, United, US Air
Grand slam

I was out of the country for some time and when Grand Slam started US Airways told me I could only access Grand Slam through their web site, inaccessible from abroad. Now, that I am here, I am unable to find the website for grand Slam, it is not in the US Air site. Google cannot help me, so what is its site? Any suggestions how to get it? Thanks
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by Hakluyt
I was out of the country for some time and when Grand Slam started US Airways told me I could only access Grand Slam through their web site, inaccessible from abroad. Now, that I am here, I am unable to find the website for grand Slam, it is not in the US Air site. Google cannot help me, so what is its site? Any suggestions how to get it? Thanks
www.usairways.com/gs11
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: American, BA, NWA, United, US Air
grand slam

Originally Posted by cvarming
Tha nks for the answer, but it just does not work for me. Beyond the registration, I cannot lock in to the partner activities or anything else. Impossible to access it anywhere
Old Oct 25, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by Hakluyt
.... I cannot lock in to the partner activities or anything else...(

What do mean by that? Can you go onto the US Airways Mall? Can you link onto any of the vendors through the US Airways site?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:12 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Did the new sweep post yet for anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.