Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA's Spin-The-Wheel Setup at Certain Airports to Promote Travel Options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA's Spin-The-Wheel Setup at Certain Airports to Promote Travel Options

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2009, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
How come there's no pillow or blanket on the wheel as an option? Or what about BOB choices? The possibilities are endlessly pathetic, IMO
Old Jun 1, 2009, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Now whatabout luggage tags ? I would feel it is much better than playing cards.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 10:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Now whatabout luggage tags? I would feel it is much better than playing cards.
Just punch a hole in the joker...
Old Jun 1, 2009, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most
The wheel was up an running when I transited through ORD earlier today. It was by the gate C17. To my surprise they had to solicit people to come to spin the wheel. No line of any kind.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Where is it setup at IAD? I'll be there 6/4 and 6/5.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 11:36 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Originally Posted by holtju2
The wheel was up an running when I transited through ORD earlier today. It was by the gate C17. To my surprise they had to solicit people to come to spin the wheel. No line of any kind.
Playing cards and bottled water aren't exactly huge draws.

- T
Old Jun 1, 2009, 11:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61i)

If United offered drink chits, I think more people on FT would be excited about spinning the wheel. I wouldn't mind some playing cards or a RCC pass to give away to friends.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by VA1379
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61i)

If United offered drink chits, I think more people on FT would be excited about spinning the wheel. I wouldn't mind some playing cards or a RCC pass to give away to friends.
With Ted out of Vegas (half way) I haven't been able to drink too much. But with my next trip and ted again with a coworker we should drink all 10 of my chits this year in one flight, so I know what you are talking about
Old Jun 2, 2009, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

In Chicago yesterday:

I believe that this lady won a RCC pass.

Old Jun 2, 2009, 7:08 pm

Programs: Mosaic 2, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Premium Cabin free agent
This opt wheel is just too funny! Who came up with this? Michael Scott? There should be a couple of slots in there for gift baskets, because "gift baskets are the essence of class and fanciness" LOL Next we are going to get golden tickets tucked away in random economy seats for upgrades on the next flight with United.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 7:22 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Any pictures of the blonde UA employees face? And what is with those nasty light green shirts?
Old Jun 2, 2009, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Any pictures of the blonde UA employees face? And what is with those nasty light green shirts?
Too young to work for United. Must be some outsourced souls.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by UnitedEF
This opt wheel is just too funny! Who came up with this? Michael Scott? There should be a couple of slots in there for gift baskets, because "gift baskets are the essence of class and fanciness" LOL Next we are going to get golden tickets tucked away in random economy seats for upgrades on the next flight with United.
This post made me ROFL. I am seriously going to look for a golden ticket in my seat on Thursday lol.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 7:38 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by UnitedEF
LOL!

I am half expecting there to be a bearded lady (no, not at the CS desk) next to the wheel and perhaps a bear riding a tricycle. Oh well, can't knock em for trying.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
Too young to work for United. Must be some outsourced souls.
No- you are confused. The blonde lady in the light green shirt is my travel assistant. The UA employee running the wheel game is wearing a burgundy sweatshirt in the bottom pic. ahahahahahahahahahahahaha@:-)

Last edited by JSlo; Jun 2, 2009 at 7:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.