Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA's Spin-The-Wheel Setup at Certain Airports to Promote Travel Options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA's Spin-The-Wheel Setup at Certain Airports to Promote Travel Options

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I would like to get a chance to spin that wheel. A couple of decks of playing cards sound nice, and I would also like a few 20 % off coupons.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
i now have 4 decks of cards
Old Dec 9, 2009, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold
Mrs & I both "won" E+. As 1Ks we were offered candy cane, water, and cards. Turned down all and went back to C-16 RCC at ORD. (Only reason I really posted this was to get off of 666)...
Old Dec 9, 2009, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by nzpilot
Mrs & I both "won" E+. As 1Ks we were offered candy cane, water, and cards. Turned down all and went back to C-16 RCC at ORD. (Only reason I really posted this was to get off of 666)...
666? What does that mean? So anybody knows until when this spin the wheel's gonna be??????

-j
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:34 pm

where is the wheel gonna be?

I want to join the fun! Anyone knows if I can spin the wheel somewhere in LAX/SFO/IAD on the 29th/30th? Which gate? Please guys, I want a couple deck of cards too!!!! LOL

-j
Old Dec 22, 2009, 12:03 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
LAX is still in the same place, by the 71 gates diagonal from the RCC at the top (street end) of the concourse.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 5:45 pm

Programs: General member, former 1P
TRAGIC: The RCC is taken off the wheel

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I always want to win the RCC day pass since I have yet to enter the place but I think there is only one or two spots on the wheel for that prize since I guess they don't want their lounge filling up with wheel winners
I can't believe I forgot to post this: The RCC is allegedly no longer a wheel option.

I spun the wheel - the new LED wheel - at ORD B9 on 12/15. When I remarked to the intern that I was hoping for the RCC, he replied that the RCC has been taken off the wheel. I didn't think to ask why or to check the wheel myself. But I don't think he'd fib with the wheel in front of me.

After loudly (too loudly?) proclaiming "no whammies," I spun and got a bottle of water.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by flavorflav
I can't believe I forgot to post this: The RCC is allegedly no longer a wheel option.

I spun the wheel - the new LED wheel - at ORD B9 on 12/15. When I remarked to the intern that I was hoping for the RCC, he replied that the RCC has been taken off the wheel. I didn't think to ask why or to check the wheel myself. But I don't think he'd fib with the wheel in front of me.
That sucks. It was really the only worthwhile option =/ Well, I guess the cards aren't bad for gifts, but I always hoped to get the RCC pass.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 12:04 pm

I'll be flying through LAX/SFO/IAD today... somebody said LAX has one at gate 71.. is there a spin-the-wheel in SFO and IAD?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by flavorflav

After loudly (too loudly?) proclaiming "no whammies," I spun and got a bottle of water.
Apparently they only print 6000 RCC passes per year
Old Dec 29, 2009, 1:00 pm

[QUOTE
<snipperino>=

No, you just need to show an outbound boarding pass each time; must be a different boarding pass for each spin.[/QUOTE]

So are you saying, seriously, track is somehow being kept of which BP you used on each spin?
For example, after you presented your BP and before you spun the wheel, did you see any evidence your BP was cross-checked (say, entered at a keyboard by a UA agent attending the wheel?)
I find it very difficult to believe UA would dedicate a system terminal just for that purpose...
And after spinning, did you see evidence your BP and award were documented? Was there much of a queue when you participated?
Curious minds seek to know...when not scanning the supermarket tabloids etc.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 1:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I saw it at LAX last night after arriving from IAD. It was all lit up with pretty flashing lights but unfortunately, I was five hours too late to spin it
Old Dec 29, 2009, 2:23 pm

...um...

Does anyone else have a feeling of slight impropriety over this whole Spin-The-Wheel ("gamble with us") thing?
I mean, I'm not entirely comfortable associating randomness with an entity I'm entrusting my life to...
I also don't see other carriers playing the "carnival attraction" card.
And how does the bottle of water award fit with TSA liquids limits?

Still, Mallarme's, "Un coup de dés jamais n’abolira le hasard" may obtain.

Last edited by djcutcher; Dec 29, 2009 at 2:37 pm Reason: Just need to show French erudition
Old Dec 29, 2009, 9:41 pm

Programs: General member, former 1P
The intern scanned my BP when I spun at ORD on 12/15. Looked like the same scanner used at the gate. UA undoubtedly has a warehouse full of them, and they shouldn't cost any more than the scanner at your local Casey's.

The bottle of water is tiny, but above 3oz.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: MP, 1K 1MM
Gone

as of MLK day 2011.
At least "gone" from where I saw it last year, just opposite and the RCC and in front of some of the low 70's gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.