Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

New BOB "Choice" Menu between SFO, DEN, ORD and IAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BOB "Choice" Menu between SFO, DEN, ORD and IAD

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2009, 8:43 pm

I think they will keep the "menus"--they are a very useful tool in making a sale. They pick them up as they come through with the items. They can then be used over again until they become too greasy.
Old May 14, 2009, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Ah, those savory...

Originally Posted by JetAway
...Interestingly, the snack boxes didn't sell well on my flight but the "fresh" items sold out.
Salt - er - snack boxes: "How would you like your salt served?"
Old May 15, 2009, 7:00 am

Yes, I don't think the snack boxes have been thought through very carefully---they've just mixed and matched the products of companies that came in with the lowest bid.
Old May 15, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1k, US ex-CP, NW silver, Marriott plat, SPG gold, Hertz 5*
I just hope they:
1) Implement this on all flights
2) Make 'drink' coupons work on anything. If I want a candy bar instead of a drink just give it to me.
Old May 15, 2009, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I tried the turkey club which was pretty good, but a sandwich and bag of chips for $9 is still a bit pricey. They should at least throw in a candy bar or cookie. The bright side is 10 miles/dollar charged. I assume that's only if your credit card is linked to your MP account.

On a side note: it's wise they're accepting only credit cards now. If I recall marketing research correctly, accepting credit cards usually lead to more sales.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:50 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
I got the email titled "United's new Choice Menu on your upcoming flight"
United® is pleased to introduce the new Choice Menu, offering an array of fresh food selections and premium beverages on flights between San Francisco and Denver, Chicago and Washington Dulles. Customers seated in United Economy® can now purchase fresh breakfast, lunch and dinner offerings, as well as snackboxes, a la carte selections, and premium beverages.
As part of an international F award there is an domestic F segment -- SFO-ORD. Are they going to charge me $9 for my meal
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:52 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I got the email titled "United's new Choice Menu on your upcoming flight"
United® is pleased to introduce the new Choice Menu, offering an array of fresh food selections and premium beverages on flights between San Francisco and Denver, Chicago and Washington Dulles. Customers seated in United Economy® can now purchase fresh breakfast, lunch and dinner offerings, as well as snackboxes, a la carte selections, and premium beverages.
As part of an international F award there is an domestic F segment -- SFO-ORD. Are they going to charge me $9 for my meal
No - why would they? I had a Modelo and a fresh offering in F on Monday IAD-SFO when I chose not to eat stuffed shells for the umpteenth time.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:04 am

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by zigzagg900
On a side note: it's wise they're accepting only credit cards now. If I recall marketing research correctly, accepting credit cards usually lead to more sales.

The trick of magically divining change from $20 bills was painfull to watch. The jump to $6 had to complicate it even more.

If I didn't have exact change I usually wouldn't bother. Being able to use a card I'm certainly more likely to BOB.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by zigzagg900
it's wise they're accepting only credit cards now.
One big drawback is that it means anyone without a credit card (including unaccompanied minors) can't eat.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
One big drawback is that it means anyone without a credit card (including unaccompanied minors) can't eat.
It would be wise to get an unaccompanied minor a VISA gift card just in case! I would never send anyone on a trip without some reserve money/gift card.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus GM (former Premier Silver) : Delta : Air Canada : AmEx Plat :
Still Only SFO?

I'm on LAX-ORD in a few days, and this announcement arrived via email. The subject line said 'your upcoming flight', so I thought it applied to me (sensible, no?).

But then to read the announcement's description that it's SFO and the other cities, I thought "Hmmmm, did the California Budget/Water/Population Crisis result in a consolidation of LAX/SFO?"

So I'm interested to hear whether folk traveling to/from LAX and ORD are seeing this new food selection.

--markb
Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:52 pm

I too got this email, but my upcoming flight isn't for two months and even then it's SEA-IAD-GVA.

Not sure what they did today...
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
I didn't get anything and I do have an upcoming IAD-SFO segment.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia
I didn't get anything and I do have an upcoming IAD-SFO segment.
That better be on an RJ with 4 hops if you want to keep your title.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 2:12 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
I got the "your upcoming flight" email as well, and I have zero upcoming flights. I guess they're assuming I'm going to have an upcoming flight sometime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.