Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

New BOB "Choice" Menu between SFO, DEN, ORD and IAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BOB "Choice" Menu between SFO, DEN, ORD and IAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
That better be on an RJ with 4 hops if you want to keep your title.
The Brasilia is NOT an RJ
Old Jul 7, 2009, 4:35 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Level vodka is on the new menu. ^
Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:31 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Originally Posted by goplaces
I've been on two of these flights so far, and in that limited experience, the credit card process process has slowed down service significantly both times.
And it appears the system has more trouble reading the United/Chase Visa cards than any other card. I though perhaps it was just the magnetic strip on my card but the FA confirmed they've been having a lot of trouble with most United credit cards. There's some irony for you.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
I haven't flown in Y for a while but was on an award tkt with the missus. Apparently, the choice menu is now being offered between HNL and the mainland (and also slected flights from SAN, LAS, PHX).

There's seems to be slight changes from what is posted here. No Modelo but Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat Beer for $7 (never heard of it) and the premium liquor is now $8.

It's sort of amazing that you have a bunch more choices than before and you kind of wonder how they manage to board all of it and what happens to the unsold fresh stuff.

Maybe UA ought to have a 50% discount in the hour before you land.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 6:08 pm

Programs: UAL1K
was also available LAS-IAD

Nice addition by UAL.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
Originally Posted by jraindc
Nice addition by UAL.
Agreed! Also on ORD-PHX and PHX-ORD this past week.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by formeraa
It would be wise to get an unaccompanied minor a VISA gift card just in case! I would never send anyone on a trip without some reserve money/gift card.
True, but fortunately, the UM fee includes food:

Payment of the unaccompanied minor fee and completion of unaccompanied minor paperwork entitles the child to receive a complimentary à la carte snack, snackbox or fresh food item (when available) on United Economy flights within North America. On international flights and in the United First® or United Business® cabin, the standard complimentary food items will be provided based on the flight’s path and duration.
The bigger issue would be for teenagers too old to be UMs but too young for their parents to give them debit or credit cards. Perhaps more importantly, the 28 million Americans (according to AARP) who are outside of the mainstream banking system would be out of luck. I'm sure they don't overlap much with the flying public. But I'm thinking of the holiday peak flyer who lacks plastic in their wallet but uses a family member's miles to visit home.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by honmani2
There's seems to be slight changes from what is posted here. No Modelo but Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat Beer for $7 (never heard of it) and the premium liquor is now $8.
The menu did change. They brilliantly removed the three items that I really liked on the original menu -- the spinach salad, the chicken ciabbata sandwich, and the odwalla smoothie.

Since I rarely get upgraded on my SFO-IAD and return legs, I was happy with the choice menu, but since the change, I am back to picking something up before I get on board. The caprese sandwich is decent, but I'm hoping the old options make a comeback soon.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 3:27 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
True, but fortunately, the UM fee includes food:

The bigger issue would be for teenagers too old to be UMs but too young for their parents to give them debit or credit cards. Perhaps more importantly, the 28 million Americans (according to AARP) who are outside of the mainstream banking system would be out of luck. I'm sure they don't overlap much with the flying public. But I'm thinking of the holiday peak flyer who lacks plastic in their wallet but uses a family member's miles to visit home.
Thankfully, most banks in the US (don't know about non-US banks) will sell you a pre-paid "gift" card. They work very much like a debit card except that when the balance you purchase from the bank is consumed you simply throw the card away.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by cricketer
The menu did change. They brilliantly removed the three items that I really liked on the original menu -- the spinach salad, the chicken ciabbata sandwich, and the odwalla smoothie.

Since I rarely get upgraded on my SFO-IAD and return legs, I was happy with the choice menu, but since the change, I am back to picking something up before I get on board. The caprese sandwich is decent, but I'm hoping the old options make a comeback soon.
Add the Turkey Lavosh too. Those were my favorites as well.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1K (2k), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
New Premium Beverages Added to Choice Menu

From a reliable source:

We are adding a selection of new premium alcoholic beverages to our popu-
lar Choice Menu offering beginning Dec. 1. They include two new premium
wine splits, a premium French sparkling wine and a premium cocktail. To
make it easy for you to locate them using the handheld device, they will be
listed on the screen by name. Here is an overview of these new premium
beverages that will be available for sale in United Economy® on North
America flights.

Cheviot Bridge Chardonnay 2008 Adelaide Hills
offers fresh and lively notes of
pear enhanced by grapefruit and supported by crisp acidity.
Selling price of $7.

Cheviot Bridge Shiraz 2008 South Eastern Australia
delights the palate with
fresh and tart cherries, flowers and more spice supported by silky tannins.
Selling price of $7.

J. P. Chenet Brut Blanc de Blancs nv Franceis
lively and refreshing with
refined delicate bubbles and vibrant flavors of apricots, white peaches and
baked apple. Selling price of $8.

Authentic Jose Cuervo®Margarita
has the premium tequila already pre-mixed in the bottle – simply pour and serve.
Selling price of $8.

Please note that complimentary alcholic beverage vouchers (CHITS) may
be accepted for purchases of all premium alcoholic beverages.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 7:56 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Does this mean they will bring back Sparkling Wine in F/C on all domestic flights like they use to have? That would be great!!! ^

And will they offer these as wines in both F and Y cabins domestically?
Old Nov 29, 2009, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1K (2k), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by goingbananas
Does this mean they will bring back Sparkling Wine in F/C on all domestic flights like they use to have? That would be great!!! ^

I believe these items are for sale in Y; if you're seated in C/F I'm guessing you can just ask the FA if he/she could grab you one from the back.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by goingbananas

I wish, but something tells me your only going to get this in F in exchange for a chit or $7.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 8:34 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Glenlivet is also on that list, but I wonder if it will actually be available in F if it's boarded for sale in Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.