Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

New BOB "Choice" Menu between SFO, DEN, ORD and IAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BOB "Choice" Menu between SFO, DEN, ORD and IAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2009, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by ssh
Glenlivet is also on that list, but I wonder if it will actually be available in F if it's boarded for sale in Y.
I've been in domestic F twice in the past month and ordered from the premium drink menu both times—neither time have I been charged.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 8:39 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by goldfishman
I've been in domestic F twice in the past month and ordered from the premium drink menu both times—neither time have I been charged.
^ That would be sweet. Real Scotch!
Old Nov 29, 2009, 8:49 pm

Dang the secret is out! I was in F on a MCO-ORD run when I ordered a Volka and OJ. The FA brought a mini bottle of Absolute One Vodka. Boy I was shocked! Asked for a glass of ice and drank it on the rocks. She told me they are now boarding 4 mini bottle of each of the following: Absolute One Vodka, Glenlivet, Maker's Mark and something else, (Sorry forgot).

Since I had brought chocolates for the FC when I boarded, as I ordered a refill, the FA brought the remaining 3 bottle still sealed! She gave me a wink and said enjoy! She even told me I could ask for these if I was in E. I was wondering how long before the cat was out of the bag!

Safe Flying!
Old Nov 29, 2009, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
PLEASE bring back the Heineken.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by ryan182
I wish, but something tells me your only going to get this in F in exchange for a chit or $7.
Don't know about the wines but I was in F drinking the Absolute One Vodka with no additional charge! See my other post.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by braslvr
PLEASE bring back the Heineken.
As I posted in the F dining thread, I will personally write many nasty letters to UA if they bring back that Dutch battery acid at the expense of any of the other premium beer(s). Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat is miles ahead of Heineken (although still not an ideal beer).

Why does everyone seem to love generic or worse than generic foreign pilsner?
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by northsideguy
Dang the secret is out! I was in F on a MCO-ORD run when I ordered a Volka and OJ. The FA brought a mini bottle of Absolute One Vodka. Boy I was shocked! Asked for a glass of ice and drank it on the rocks. She told me they are now boarding 4 mini bottle of each of the following: Absolute One Vodka, Glenlivet, Maker's Mark and something else, (Sorry forgot).
Wow, ^^^^ I'm going to be ordering Makers on the rocks from now on. That's awesome.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
She told me they are now boarding 4 mini bottle of each of the following: Absolute One Vodka, Glenlivet, Maker's Mark and something else, (Sorry forgot).
It's definitely more than 4 bottles of the Absolut Level Vodka.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:53 pm

I would be surprised if the people in C/F did not have access gratis to these premium wines - surely United would not be so cynical?
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by andrewwm

Drinkability. Light, crisp and refreshing.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia
The Brasilia is NOT an RJ
Is too.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 1:18 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Dang the secret is out! I was in F on a MCO-ORD run when I ordered a Volka and OJ. The FA brought a mini bottle of Absolute One Vodka. Boy I was shocked! Asked for a glass of ice and drank it on the rocks. She told me they are now boarding 4 mini bottle of each of the following: Absolute One Vodka, Glenlivet, Maker's Mark and something else, (Sorry forgot)....
Good to see Maker's on board! ^ At the LAX BOB open house a couple of weeks ago, I only saw Level, Glenlivet, and Maker's, in addition to Leinenkugel wheat beer, so I'm not sure if there is a fourth "premium" tipple.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 6:44 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by andrewwm
As I posted in the F dining thread, I will personally write many nasty letters to UA if they bring back that Dutch battery acid at the expense of any of the other premium beer(s). Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat is miles ahead of Heineken (although still not an ideal beer).

What would be really great if they had the real Pilsner from Pilsen ... Then I might actually want to drink beer on board. VB comes close on flights from 'down under
Old Nov 30, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: nada these days
YAY!!! MAJOR ^ to the addition of premium wine options -- I've been asking for this since the Choice menu first appeared. Can't wait to try them out (and if my upgrade doesn't clear on Saturday, I'll get my chance)! Thanks, UA!
Old Nov 30, 2009, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, too many cruise programs to list
Heaven help my seatmate if I ever break down and buy a premix margarita as tequila turns me into a Chatty Cathy. There should be a warning given before allowing me to purchase tequila drinks onboard! Fortunately, though, I seem to remember that premix is pretty nasty.

Big ^ though for the Absolute One and champagne split options!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.